Google Groepen ondersteunt geen nieuwe Usenet-berichten of -abonnementen meer. Historische content blijft zichtbaar.

How often do you wash your balls?

9 weergaven
Naar het eerste ongelezen bericht

Le_lemGo

ongelezen,
21 dec 2007, 11:20:1621-12-2007
aan
I guess the title says it all...
I have been wondering after reading the thread about personal hygiene
after juggling, and thought,
hey, that's personal hygiene too!
Anyways, I washed mine today for the second time since I have had them,
and I must say it is quite a
satisfying feeling to see them all shiny anew. Anyone else who's
experienced this incredible feeling of
cleanliness, which they say is next to godliness? Waow! I already feel
like a divine juggler! Yiha!
LemGo

Dave Altman

ongelezen,
21 dec 2007, 11:59:1821-12-2007
aan
Le_lemGo wrote:

> I guess the title says it all...

Yeah, that is a pretty obvious way to go with that title.

When I'm doing shows, I wash my silicones nightly, if possible. Even a
thin layer of dust makes a big difference on how they feel. Depending on
where you are bouncing, the balls will get dirty to some degree. This is
pretty obvious, too, since the balls make contact each and every time they
bounce. When I step back from where I was bounce juggling for a while and
move to where the light hits where I was juggling a little differently, I
can see two clean spots on the floor, even on a so-called clean floor, so
I figure most of the dirt from those two spots are on the balls.

I normally use some type of liquid soap or shampoo, not an abrasive
cleaner to wash them. I treat my stage balls the same way, but just not as
often. If I'm juggling fairly well, they don't make contact with the floor
quite as often. ;-)

I'll wipe beanbags with a damp cloth on occasion, too.

Hexagonic

ongelezen,
21 dec 2007, 12:15:0421-12-2007
aan

I can't say I ever wash my props. I never wash my balls, although I did
when I had aerotechs. I washed my clubs recently after I got cow shit on
them, but otherwise I've never washed them. Damn, I sound like a really
crusty juggler. I'm not too bad!

Will

Bekah.Smith

ongelezen,
21 dec 2007, 15:11:1421-12-2007
aan

> I can't say I ever wash my props. I never wash my balls, although I did
> when I had aerotechs. I washed my clubs recently after I got cow shit on
> them, but otherwise I've never washed them. Damn, I sound like a really
> crusty juggler. I'm not too bad!
>
> Will

How did you get cow shit on your clubs?...

Bekah

Dave Altman

ongelezen,
21 dec 2007, 15:32:2821-12-2007
aan
Bekah.Smith wrote:
> How did you get cow shit on your clubs?...

I hope it was by juggling in a cow pasture and dropping them in a cow
patty. Any other way is just perverted and wrong!

AverageJoggler

ongelezen,
21 dec 2007, 19:00:0821-12-2007
aan
On Dec 21, 10:20 am, dav.ayme...@wanadoo.dk.nospam.com (Le_lemGo)
wrote:

Anyone else who's
> experienced this incredible feeling of
> cleanliness, which they say is next to godliness? Waow! I already feel
> like a divine juggler! Yiha!
> LemGo
>
> --

The only washing I ever do is "dry cleaning". If it has dirt on it, I
wipe it off.

Instead of using water, it might be a good idea to put your balls in
the microwave. That'll kill all the bacteria anyway. Hopefully, it
won't melt your balls.

Ho ho ho

Ranngner

ongelezen,
21 dec 2007, 23:17:1521-12-2007
aan
Well.. for all plastic balls (Stage, Dx-ball, etc) i would use the soap
used to clean kitchen pots.. i had used before and , to me, its the best.

And DONT put them in the microwave.

If they are leather beangbags, and they got bugs in it, PUT IN THE FREEZER.

The microwave will melt the ball...

(in the freezer)After some days take it and wait it to get normal again..
with no bugs..

Mirko

ongelezen,
22 dec 2007, 05:18:3422-12-2007
aan

hm i have suede leather beanbags filled with millet.
they get dirty very quickly when i use them outside and i don't know how
to clean them... :(
i think you cannot put them in the washing machine.
has annybody ot an idea how to klean them?

Mirko

ongelezen,
22 dec 2007, 05:18:4522-12-2007
aan

hm i have suede leather beanbags filled with millet.
they get dirty very quickly when i use them outside and i don't know how
to clean them... :(
i think you cannot put them in the washing machine.
has annybody ot an idea how to klean them?

--

Le_lemGo

ongelezen,
22 dec 2007, 12:20:2822-12-2007
aan

Actually, I had stage balls in mind, the idea of washing beanbags had
actually never crossed my mind
before :)
But I think putting them in a washing mashine is probably a bad idea.
Someone mentioned using a wet
cloth, which sounds quite reasonable.
And for the finish, if it's genuine leather, I think that a bit of leather
oil or grease would definitely
shine them up.
lemGo

Hexagonic

ongelezen,
23 dec 2007, 06:47:4023-12-2007
aan
Dave Altman wrote:

> Bekah.Smith wrote:
> > How did you get cow shit on your clubs?...
>
> I hope it was by juggling in a cow pasture and dropping them in a cow
> patty. Any other way is just perverted and wrong!

That's disgusting Dave! Take a guess, I dropped them in a cow pat.

Will

Bekah.Smith

ongelezen,
23 dec 2007, 12:46:0123-12-2007
aan
Hexagonic wrote:

> Dave Altman wrote:
> >
> > Bekah.Smith wrote:
> > > How did you get cow shit on your clubs?...
> >
> > I hope it was by juggling in a cow pasture and dropping them in a cow
> > patty. Any other way is just perverted and wrong!
> >

> That's disgusting Dave! Take a guess, I dropped them in a cow pat.
>
> Will

Alright, dropped in a cow patty...that makes sense. But why were you
juggling in a cow pasture? Especially right next to a pile of dung...

Bekah

Benjamin Block

ongelezen,
23 dec 2007, 14:28:3223-12-2007
aan

Sometimes I juggle in the shower with my stage balls..

Hexagonic

ongelezen,
23 dec 2007, 15:09:0423-12-2007
aan

Are you saying you've never played russian roulette with your props in a
field? Best way to improve your catches!

Will

0 nieuwe berichten