[WJVF] Video Of The Year poll (2007)

The Void

Mar 2, 2007, 10:06:52 AM3/2/07
The WJVF
[Goal: To promote the creation of creative juggling videos]

At the request of a certain Chimp, there now follows the return of the
"Best Juggling Video Of The Year" poll.

The Rules:
You may vote for any juggling video that was
added to the IJDb video database on or between 8th March 2006 - 7th April
2007.
Youtube videos, etc are *not* eligible, *unless* there is also a
downloadable version of the video in the IJDb database.[1]
You may vote for up to 5 videos. Each vote will receive one point.
You may vote for your own videos if you are that sad. ;-)

Please reply with your votes to the first post in this thread, not to
other people's replies.

It would be helpful if you could include the link to the entries in the
IJDb for the videos you vote for, e.g.
A New Hope
http://www.jugglingdb.com/videos/index.php?uid=67P768-16P687573Q-2

Thank you.

Voting starts now, and closes on April 8th.
There will also be substantial prizes (sent or given) to the top three
places (e.g. T-shirts, BJC2008 tickets); including a decent cash prize
going to the winner to support future video creations and investment in
video equipment.
I will announce the winners, live at the BJC on April 11th. Results will
be posted to RJ soon afterwards.

Search your hard drives, your dvd archives, the IJDb video database, and
have fun deciding which are your favourites.

The Void
Cursing ill-timed holidays

[1] If you want to vote for a Youtube video, try asking the uploader if
they'd mind putting it on www.jugglethis.net (or would mind if you did),
as you'd like to vote for it. Flattery works wonders. *BUT DO ASK FIRST* -
They may have their reasons for not wanting to offer a download version.

That said, here's how to rip a Youtube video: Go to
http://media-convert.com/ , click the URL button, paste in the website
address. Set the output format to 'IPOD mp4' (don't worry, it'll play fine
on computers too) and click convert. The website will then convert the
video to an mp4 (it might take a little time), and then you can download
it to your computer. You can then upload it to jugglethis yourself, and it
will be automatically added to the IJDb within a day or so.

The freeware program MPEG Streamclip can do the same job if you don't want
to do it all online.

Colin E.

Mar 2, 2007, 10:29:28 AM3/2/07
The Void wrote:

[...]

> The Rules:
> You may vote for any juggling video that was
> added to the IJDb video database on or between 8th March 2006 - 7th April
> 2007.

There are currently 1307 videos which are eligible for votes:

http://www.jugglingdb.com/videos/index.php?wjvf=true&order=date

The above list will remain current and contain videos which were added to
the database within the dates specified above. It is shown sorted by date,
however you may sort by rating or hits.

Have fun.

Colin E.
Who has no idea how he is going to decide what to vote on!

The Void

Mar 2, 2007, 10:46:44 AM3/2/07
Colin E. wrote:

> The Void wrote:
> > The Rules:
> > You may vote for any juggling video that was
> > added to the IJDb video database on or between 8th March 2006 - 7th April
> > 2007.
>
> There are currently 1307 videos which are eligible for votes:
>
> http://www.jugglingdb.com/videos/index.php?wjvf=true&order=date
>
> The above list will remain current and contain videos which were added to
> the database within the dates specified above. It is shown sorted by date,
> however you may sort by rating or hits.

Yay! Thank you Colin. That should make it a lot easier for people to skim
through what is out there,
and hopefully negate the "I couldn't remember them all, so I didn't vote"
excuse from last year. I'm
hoping more people will vote this year. I'll probably do the "Videos voted
for so far" list again too...

> Colin E.
> Who has no idea how he is going to decide what to vote on!

Ah, well in that case, I'll repost this from last year:

Here are a few things you
*might* like to consider when making your choice:

Would I want to watch it twice in a row?
Does it co-ordinate well with the music?
Is it well edited? Do the shots flow well?
Is it well shot? : well lit, a good variation of shots/angles.
Has it been encoded well, for a good viewing experience?
Does it make you smile?
Does the 'performance' shine as much or more than the 'juggling'?
Does it ooze originality?

Please note, that I'm not trying to tell you what you should or shouldn't
consider - the choice is entirely yours, as are the reasons for your
choice. I'm just offering some suggestions for anyone who is 'stuck' with
a shortlist of more than 5. Feel free to disregard all of the above if you
wish.

Please reply with your votes to the first post in this thread, not to
other people's replies.

Have fun.

The Void
Uplightened?

Ken Nishimura

Mar 2, 2007, 10:56:09 AM3/2/07
The Void wrote:
> Youtube videos, etc are *not* eligible, *unless* there is also a
> downloadable version of the video in the IJDb database.[1]
(snip)

> [1] If you want to vote for a Youtube video, try asking the uploader if
> they'd mind putting it on www.jugglethis.net (or would mind if you did),
> as you'd like to vote for it. Flattery works wonders. *BUT DO ASK FIRST* -
> They may have their reasons for not wanting to offer a download version.

Is it only me?? I don't bother to watch videos that are not available
on YouTube or something similar unless somebody like Norbi makes a
video that most jugglers don't want to miss.

--
Ken Nishimura, Tokyo
http://tokyojuggler.blogspot.com/

Adam Rowney

Mar 2, 2007, 11:14:29 AM3/2/07
Ken Nishimura wrote:

> The Void wrote:
> > Youtube videos, etc are *not* eligible, *unless* there is also a
> > downloadable version of the video in the IJDb database.[1]
> (snip)
> > [1] If you want to vote for a Youtube video, try asking the uploader if
> > they'd mind putting it on www.jugglethis.net (or would mind if you did),
> > as you'd like to vote for it. Flattery works wonders. *BUT DO ASK FIRST* -
> > They may have their reasons for not wanting to offer a download version.
>
> Is it only me?? I don't bother to watch videos that are not available
> on YouTube or something similar unless somebody like Norbi makes a
> video that most jugglers don't want to miss.

I watch every video that comes out on IJDB and Jugglethis.net
(unless there loads of really small videos with one trick on them, all
posted at the same time).

Ori Roth

Mar 2, 2007, 11:17:37 AM3/2/07
The Void wrote:
> Here are a few things you
> *might* like to consider when making your choice:
>
> Would I want to watch it twice in a row?
> Does it co-ordinate well with the music?
> Is it well edited? Do the shots flow well?
> Is it well shot? : well lit, a good variation of shots/angles.
> Has it been encoded well, for a good viewing experience?
> Does it make you smile?
> Does the 'performance' shine as much or more than the 'juggling'?
> Does it ooze originality?

Maybe it's a bit too late but I have an idea that maybe next time it will
be something like "the juggling academy awards" which will devide the
awards to different categories so that the choice of one overall best
video won't be so hard (of course there will be a category for "the best
overall video")...
Just a thought... Ohh and thank you for making this video of the year
poll, I'll make my choices soon..... :-)
Ori

fakoriginal

Mar 2, 2007, 11:22:42 AM3/2/07
Ken Nishimura wrote:

> The Void wrote:
> > Youtube videos, etc are *not* eligible, *unless* there is also a
> > downloadable version of the video in the IJDb database.[1]
> (snip)
> > [1] If you want to vote for a Youtube video, try asking the uploader if
> > they'd mind putting it on www.jugglethis.net (or would mind if you did),
> > as you'd like to vote for it. Flattery works wonders. *BUT DO ASK FIRST* -
> > They may have their reasons for not wanting to offer a download version.
>
> Is it only me?? I don't bother to watch videos that are not available
> on YouTube or something similar unless somebody like Norbi makes a
> video that most jugglers don't want to miss.

Quite possibly :)

There are a fair few people who are blocked from accessing sites like
Youtube by their work IT people (even if it's their lunchhour). I
personally dislike the drop in quality you experience when viewing videos
on Youtube, plus being bombarded with adverts.

I will only bother with Youtube if a video has received a lot of praise
and there is no downloadable version forthcoming. I have new videos listed
in the IJDb video database automatically downloaded to my computer via
Democracy. This allows me to watch them where and when I like, and they
automatically expire after a set time, but allow me to move them onto my
harddrive proper if I like them. Much easier than having to set bookmarks
for videos I like or go through the palaver of downloading and converting.

But hey, each to their own. These are the specific rules for the WJVF, and
it can have whatever rules it likes.

fak - up-catching.

jamesfrancis

Mar 2, 2007, 11:54:23 AM3/2/07
The Void wrote:

> The WJVF
> [Goal: To promote the creation of creative juggling videos]
>
> At the request of a certain Chimp, there now follows the return of the
> "Best Juggling Video Of The Year" poll.
>
> The Rules:
> You may vote for any juggling video that was
> added to the IJDb video database on or between 8th March 2006 - 7th April
> 2007.
> Youtube videos, etc are *not* eligible, *unless* there is also a
> downloadable version of the video in the IJDb database.[1]
> You may vote for up to 5 videos. Each vote will receive one point.
> You may vote for your own videos if you are that sad. ;-)
>
> Please reply with your votes to the first post in this thread, not to
> other people's replies.

I know the aim of the WJVF is to include any videos made during the year,
but is it possible that people could nominate videos onto some kind of
shortlist. 1307 videos is quite a lot to trawl through and although I
probably watched most of them I undoubtedly don't remember them all and
may have missed some.

A shortlist would narrow down the voting quite a lot and I think get more
people to vote. Just an idea?!?

James

MasterKatra42

Mar 2, 2007, 11:56:03 AM3/2/07
My votes (I hope I'm doing this right to set precedent):

VSNBT MNPLTN SRS 1 - The Harbour
http://www.visionbot.com/media/VSNBT_MNPLTN_SRS_1_divx.avi

VSNBT MNPLTN SRS 2 - The Forest
http://www.visionbot.com/media/VSNBT_MNPLTN_SRS_2_divx.avi

Rings 3
http://www.norbithejuggler.co.uk/Rings3/Rings3.mov

Brett Sheets #6
http://www.jugglethis.net/files/videos/juggling6.wmv

Imperfect Cirquel
http://www.giocolieri.org/video/utenti/imperfectcirquel.avi

Loved watching all of them.

~Joe

Luke Burrage

Mar 2, 2007, 12:07:03 PM3/2/07
Ken Nishimura wrote:

> The Void wrote:
> > Youtube videos, etc are *not* eligible, *unless* there is also a
> > downloadable version of the video in the IJDb database.[1]

> Is it only me?? I don't bother to watch videos that are not available
> on YouTube or something similar unless somebody like Norbi makes a
> video that most jugglers don't want to miss.

For the past 6 months or so I only watch videos on youtube. Those that are
download only? I'll download them only if there are lots of good comments.

There are lots of realy great juggling acts, mostly Russians doing their
thing, that are only on YouTube, and why should I or those guys put in all
the effort to add it to the IJDb, just so I can vote for it? Come on,
explain yourself, Void!

The Void

Mar 2, 2007, 12:08:53 PM3/2/07
jamesfrancis wrote:
> The Void wrote:
> > "Best Juggling Video Of The Year" poll.
> > The Rules:
> > You may vote for any juggling video that was
> > added to the IJDb video database on or between 8th March 2006 - 7th April
> > 2007.
> > Youtube videos, etc are *not* eligible, *unless* there is also a
> > downloadable version of the video in the IJDb database.[1]
> > You may vote for up to 5 videos. Each vote will receive one point.
> > You may vote for your own videos if you are that sad. ;-)
>
> I know the aim of the WJVF is to include any videos made during the year,
> but is it possible that people could nominate videos onto some kind of
> shortlist. 1307 videos is quite a lot to trawl through and although I
> probably watched most of them I undoubtedly don't remember them all and
> may have missed some.

I considered offering up a shortlist, James, but the trouble is, it would
be *my* shortlist, and I want a
wide range of opinions/votes. While 1307 videos is a lot, you can skim
through the list Colin has
made,
[
http://www.jugglingdb.com/videos/index.php?order=quality&wjvf=true&text=Video+Of+The+Year
+2007+Entrants&paginator_page=1&pagesize=10 ]
look at the thumbnails/titles/descriptions/ratings, and that may well be
enough to jog your memory
with "Ooh, yeah, that was good", without actually having to re-watch many
of them.

Or you could order the list by rating, and set yourself a shortlist of,
say, "4 stars or above", which
should cut it down a fair bit.

> A shortlist would narrow down the voting quite a lot and I think get more
> people to vote. Just an idea?!?

Indeed it is. Could I point out that 'people' includes you! Feel free to
post your own shortlist - I shalln't
object.

**

Please reply with your votes to the first post in this thread, not to
other people's replies.

**

The Void
ObJugglevideo: 15 frames per second sucks! ;-P

The Void

Mar 2, 2007, 12:17:08 PM3/2/07
MasterKatra42 wrote:
> My votes

Hey Joe!
Thanks for voting. You got in first!

>- (I hope I'm doing this right to set precedent):

Er, well, I meant the IJDb Entry link, not the direct download link, but
hey....

Peachi asked me to be every bit as stroppy this year as last, but I don't
think that would help. :-D

http://www.jugglingdb.com/videos/index.php?uid=P7Q2214-56Q9R250N7-2&highlight=vsnbt

http://www.jugglingdb.com/videos/index.php?uid=P7Q1R76-3391236O9R-2&highlight=vsnbt

http://www.jugglingdb.com/videos/index.php?uid=221111S-267729R383-2

http://www.jugglingdb.com/videos/index.php?uid=15O1794-N313R77Q00-2

http://www.jugglingdb.com/videos/index.php?uid=93OOSO4-8324R9O047-2

> Loved watching all of them.

I'm sure you're not alone.

Caio,

The Void
Building this village on a Trad Arr tune

NiallKelly

Mar 2, 2007, 12:21:30 PM3/2/07

The Void

Mar 2, 2007, 12:22:38 PM3/2/07
Luke Burrage wrote:

> There are lots of realy great juggling acts, mostly Russians doing their
> thing, that are only on YouTube, and why should I or those guys put in all
> the effort to add it to the IJDb, just so I can vote for it? Come on,
> explain yourself, Void!

I won't explain myself. That's one for the metaphysicians.

Re: excluding youtube etc:
15 frames per second sucks for juggling videos. If a video is worth
watching, I want to watch it in as high
a quality as is available.

Anyway, I'm dictator and I'll do what I like, so nyer nyer. ;-)

The Void
Coffee bean.

Jason Perry

Mar 2, 2007, 1:16:35 PM3/2/07
"The Void" <vo...@youcanfindme.ifyouwant.nospam.com> wrote in message

> Luke Burrage wrote:
>
>> There are lots of realy great juggling acts, mostly Russians doing their
>> thing, that are only on YouTube, and why should I or those guys put in
>> all
>> the effort to add it to the IJDb, just so I can vote for it? Come on,
>> explain yourself, Void!
>
> I won't explain myself. That's one for the metaphysicians.

Or possibly the psychoanalysts.

Jason.
--
zoologists?

Azrelle

Mar 2, 2007, 1:44:06 PM3/2/07

*wandering off topic*

Zool was a really fun game

__
Az

Peachi - Pete

Mar 2, 2007, 1:51:03 PM3/2/07

I think thats a good idea (if made a bit late). Maybe you could make some
category suggestions:
Best Comedy
Best Technical Juggling
Best Edited
Best Choreographed????? etc...

It sounds like nominations to vote for may be something to consider aswell -
a short list of 100 based on how many downloads they have had or some other
semi-objective criteria.
Aaaahhh glad its started... looking forward to plenty of whippings form the
Void for posting in the wrong place, voting for the wrong videos and
spelging mistakes... and some other new offences to the furer to be
discovered!!
Happy days ;)
Cheese, Pea-chimpy

Peachi - Pete

Mar 2, 2007, 1:53:08 PM3/2/07
>>> I won't explain myself. That's one for the metaphysicians.
>>
>> Or possibly the psychoanalysts.
>>
>> Jason.
>> --
>> zoologists?
>
> *wandering off topic*
>
> Zool was a really fun game
>
> __
> Az

Yes I played it in 'Convent Garden' once ;)

The Void

Mar 2, 2007, 2:09:21 PM3/2/07
Peachi - Pete wrote:
> > Maybe it's a bit too late but I have an idea that maybe next time it will
> > be something like "the juggling academy awards" which will devide the
> > awards to different categories so that the choice of one overall best
> > video won't be so hard (of course there will be a category for "the best
> > overall video")...

I like that idea, Ori. But, since I hate it when people start a contest
then change the rules half way
through, it's too late for this time.

> > Just a thought... Ohh and thank you for making this video of the year
> > poll, I'll make my choices soon..... :-)

Cool, have fun deciding.

> I think thats a good idea (if made a bit late). Maybe you could make some
> category suggestions:
> Best Comedy
> Best Technical Juggling
> Best Edited
> Best Choreographed????? etc...
>
> It sounds like nominations to vote for may be something to consider aswell -
> a short list of 100 based on how many downloads they have had or some other
> semi-objective criteria.
> Aaaahhh glad its started... looking forward to plenty of whippings form the
> Void for posting in the wrong place, voting for the wrong videos and
> spelging mistakes... and some other new offences to the furer to be
> discovered!!

My operation was successful, and Zendays will be pleased to hear that they
let you keep the stick!

> Happy days ;)
> Cheese, Pea-chimpy

Might see you on Sunday, old beansprout.

Void
Dance dance dance dance - in my Joy Division oven gloves.

Peachi - Pete

Mar 2, 2007, 6:43:15 PM3/2/07

Oh dear i seemed to have larfed until I exploded at that mental image...
... i hope you have 'too funny posting liability insurance' ;)

Spoken like a true event organiser, RA! me

Ken Nishimura

Mar 2, 2007, 7:02:17 PM3/2/07
The Void wrote:
> Re: excluding youtube etc:
> 15 frames per second sucks for juggling videos. If a video is worth
> watching, I want to watch it in as high
> a quality as is available.

No, sir! Almost all the vids on YouTube are 30 frames per sec, sir!

> Anyway, I'm dictator and I'll do what I like, so nyer nyer. ;-)

Yes, sir!

Voting is a good idea and whatever rules should work fine.
I'm just saying in general, you enthusiasts may download every bit of
videos, writing some sort of script or using tools, taking time, but
I suppose most less enthusiastic jugglers only watch YouTube since
it's much much easier.

As the number of clicks to watch it decreses, the number of audience
gets higher. So, I actually think IJDb rec.juggling reader should
translate a link to YouTube into an embeded code so we can start
the video inline, on the spot.

--
Ken Nishimura
http://tokyojuggler.blogspot.com/

FabianLenz

Mar 3, 2007, 5:24:12 AM3/3/07

Jay Linn

Mar 3, 2007, 5:23:10 AM3/3/07
Ken Nishimura wrote:

<snip>

> Voting is a good idea and whatever rules should work fine.
> I'm just saying in general, you enthusiasts may download every bit of
> videos, writing some sort of script or using tools, taking time, but
> I suppose most less enthusiastic jugglers only watch YouTube since
> it's much much easier.
>
> As the number of clicks to watch it decreses, the number of audience
> gets higher. So, I actually think IJDb rec.juggling reader should
> translate a link to YouTube into an embeded code so we can start
> the video inline, on the spot.

Spot on Ken. YouTube may be not count this year, but will surely be
essential by the time next year's WJVF rolls around. It's just unavoidable.

That said, I am also of the opinion that the quality isn't really good
enough at the moment, but I expect that will improve too. Moreover,
since Google pwns GooTube these days, it seems reasonable to expect that
it will become increasingly user friendly, since that is what Google are
good at.

--
Jay Linn

White hat total nutter. I'm ker-ray-zee, me!!

jamesfrancis

Mar 3, 2007, 6:27:40 AM3/3/07
The Void wrote:

> jamesfrancis wrote:
> > The Void wrote:
> > > "Best Juggling Video Of The Year" poll.
> > > The Rules:
> > > You may vote for any juggling video that was
> > > added to the IJDb video database on or between 8th March 2006 - 7th April
> > > 2007.
> > > Youtube videos, etc are *not* eligible, *unless* there is also a
> > > downloadable version of the video in the IJDb database.[1]
> > > You may vote for up to 5 videos. Each vote will receive one point.
> > > You may vote for your own videos if you are that sad. ;-)
> >
> > I know the aim of the WJVF is to include any videos made during the year,
> > but is it possible that people could nominate videos onto some kind of
> > shortlist. 1307 videos is quite a lot to trawl through and although I
> > probably watched most of them I undoubtedly don't remember them all and
> > may have missed some.
>
> I considered offering up a shortlist, James, but the trouble is, it would
> be *my* shortlist, and I want a
> wide range of opinions/votes.

I had a feeling you would say this!

While 1307 videos is a lot, you can skim
> through the list Colin has
> made,
> [

http://www.jugglingdb.com/videos/index.php?order=quality&wjvf=true&text=Video+Of+The+Year
> +2007+Entrants&paginator_page=1&pagesize=10 ]
> look at the thumbnails/titles/descriptions/ratings, and that may well be
> enough to jog your memory
> with "Ooh, yeah, that was good", without actually having to re-watch many
> of them.
>
> Or you could order the list by rating, and set yourself a shortlist of,
> say, "4 stars or above", which
> should cut it down a fair bit.

Will do when i have some time. I have a fair idea anyway, but i know there
will be some older ones i have forgotten.

> > A shortlist would narrow down the voting quite a lot and I think get more
> > people to vote. Just an idea?!?
>
> Indeed it is. Could I point out that 'people' includes you! Feel free to
> post your own shortlist - I shalln't
> object.

Pass. But thanks anyway.

Guy G

Mar 3, 2007, 10:11:31 AM3/3/07

Oooh. You're going to get in trouble, you are.
Guy

Ricky.Blackman

Mar 3, 2007, 10:19:32 AM3/3/07

Go on Void, tell him off. Please. I still haven't fully recovered from
last year's mauling.

ultimatewannabe

Mar 3, 2007, 3:16:56 PM3/3/07

ultimatewannabe

Mar 3, 2007, 3:18:03 PM3/3/07
Colin E. wrote:

> The Void wrote:
>
> [...]

> > The Rules:
> > You may vote for any juggling video that was
> > added to the IJDb video database on or between 8th March 2006 - 7th April
> > 2007.
>
> There are currently 1307 videos which are eligible for votes:
>
> http://www.jugglingdb.com/videos/index.php?wjvf=true&order=date
>
> The above list will remain current and contain videos which were added to
> the database within the dates specified above. It is shown sorted by date,
> however you may sort by rating or hits.
>
> Have fun.

> Colin E.
> Who has no idea how he is going to decide what to vote on!

Is there a way to search just the videos on that list to see if what you
want to vote for is eligible?

fakoriginal

Mar 3, 2007, 3:50:28 PM3/3/07

You can always search the whole of the video database and check the date
it was added to see if it is eligible. Oh, and The Void said "Please reply

with your votes to the first post in this thread, not to other people's

replies." So you may want to repost your selection so that it is counted.

fak - moon watching

fakoriginal

Mar 3, 2007, 3:55:16 PM3/3/07
You can just search for the videos you want to vote for and check the date
added to see if it is within the date criteria.

fak

P.S. There may be a similar post from me accusing you of replying to the
wrong bit of the thread with your votes, which you didn't, so apologies.

Colin E.

Mar 3, 2007, 4:23:22 PM3/3/07

Sorry, there isn't any way in which you can search the videos from just
the above list. However, you can use the regular search within the IJDb
vidweo database and simply check the date of teh video manually (8th March
2006 - 7th April 2007)

Regards,
Colin E.

David Stephens

Mar 3, 2007, 5:32:16 PM3/3/07

Ken Nishimura

Mar 3, 2007, 8:03:55 PM3/3/07
Jay Linn wrote:
> Spot on Ken. YouTube may be not count this year, but will
> surely be essential by the time next year's WJVF rolls
> around. It's just unavoidable.

Right, Jay. Some years later from now, we will never be able
to believe that we actually had to DOWNLOAD a file to watch
a video, listen to music, run software etc., just like we
don't have to manually download and save a photo file before
we display it. If we had to download a photo to watch it
with some photo player, it'd be ridiculous. But, that's
exactly how we used to enjoy online photos until WWW became
popular around 1995.

> That said, I am also of the opinion that the quality isn't
> really good enough at the moment, but I expect that will
> improve too.

YouTube's quality is not as good as I wish, either. But the
problem is there are too many videos online these days, not
just juggling videos, but some TV programms and other
interesting videos. If it's not YouTube, I don't bother to
check if it's worth watching. It might be a kick-ass video,
but who cares, there are many many more.

Also, I mostly stop watching any videos after 10 seconds if
there's a long title roll or irrelavant intro. It's just not
worthwhile to spend more than 10 seconds to judge if it's
worth watching or not.

ChrisFowler

Mar 3, 2007, 9:11:29 PM3/3/07
Ken Nishimura wrote:

> Also, I mostly stop watching any videos after 10 seconds if
> there's a long title roll or irrelavant intro. It's just not
> worthwhile to spend more than 10 seconds to judge if it's
> worth watching or not.

Guess that rules out any of my UVOTW's:(

Ken Nishimura

Mar 3, 2007, 9:37:47 PM3/3/07
ChrisFowler wrote:
> Ken Nishimura wrote:
> > Also, I mostly stop watching any videos after 10 seconds if
> > there's a long title roll or irrelavant intro. It's just not
> > worthwhile to spend more than 10 seconds to judge if it's
> > worth watching or not.
> >

> Guess that rules out any of my UVOTW's:(

Hey, do you know who you are?
I just don't bother to check up what WTOVDFD stands for,
but when I see those VOTUWT letters, I know it's worth watching!

ChrisFowler

Mar 3, 2007, 10:16:59 PM3/3/07
Ken Nishimura wrote:

> ChrisFowler wrote:
> > Ken Nishimura wrote:
> > > Also, I mostly stop watching any videos after 10 seconds if
> > > there's a long title roll or irrelavant intro. It's just not
> > > worthwhile to spend more than 10 seconds to judge if it's
> > > worth watching or not.
> > >

> > Guess that rules out any of my UVOTW's:(
> >

> Hey, do you know who you are?

My parents told me I was a boy.

> I just don't bother to check up what WTOVDFD stands for,
> but when I see those VOTUWT letters, I know it's worth watching!

hehe:) LOLCFUVOTWOMG!

Adrian Pole

Mar 4, 2007, 2:28:54 AM3/4/07

Schwolop

Mar 4, 2007, 5:31:26 PM3/4/07
The Void wrote:
*snip*

> Anyway, I'm dictator and I'll do what I like, so nyer nyer. ;-)

Maybe it's just me, but I always spelt that as "nyah nyah". Maybe I've
been Americanised (ized?) by reading too much Calvin & Hobbes though...

Tom

The Void

Mar 5, 2007, 11:17:13 PM3/5/07
David Stephens wrote:

> Synergy
>
> http://www.jugglingdb.com/videos/index.php?uid=2N1799P-276RQ9Q45N-2

Hi David,
Thanks for voting. You can vote for up to another 4 videos if you wish to.

Regards,

The Void
Now *that's* a hat and cane routine.

Luke Burrage

Mar 6, 2007, 3:41:25 AM3/6/07
The Void wrote:

> David Stephens wrote:
> >
> > Synergy
> >
> > http://www.jugglingdb.com/videos/index.php?uid=2N1799P-276RQ9Q45N-2
>
> Hi David,
> Thanks for voting. You can vote for up to another 4 videos if you wish to.

But his is his video, so why would he want to give votes to anyone else?

The Void

Mar 6, 2007, 9:27:17 AM3/6/07
Luke Burrage wrote:
> The Void wrote:
> > David Stephens wrote:
> > > Synergy
> > > http://www.jugglingdb.com/videos/index.php?uid=2N1799P-276RQ9Q45N-2
> >
> > Hi David,
> > Thanks for voting. You can vote for up to another 4 videos if you wish to.
>
> But his is his video, so why would he want to give votes to anyone else?

Who knows? But then David has 7 other eligible videos too!

The Void
Seeking the agent.

Malte

Mar 6, 2007, 12:47:30 PM3/6/07
So these are the criterias right:

Would I want to watch it twice in a row?
Does it co-ordinate well with the music?
Is it well edited? Do the shots flow well?
Is it well shot? : well lit, a good variation of shots/angles.
Has it been encoded well, for a good viewing experience?
Does it make you smile?
Does the 'performance' shine as much or more than the 'juggling'?
Does it ooze originality?

There are two videos that does this more than anything:

VSNBT MNPLTN SRS 1 - The Harbour

http://www.visionbot.com/media/VSNBT_MNPLTN_SRS_1_divx.avi

VSNBT MNPLTN SRS 2 - The Forest

http://www.visionbot.com/media/VSNBT_MNPLTN_SRS_2_divx.avi

Oskar is superior to any other juggling video editor, and the fact that
his videos are starring swedish master juggling innovators is just
fantastic. There are no other contenders, face it. Any other results that
does not shows these 2 on top is at fault.
Question: May I vote for the third VSNBT MNPLTN SRS if it is released
before the deadline in a new post?

KGBHEADQUARTERS

Mar 6, 2007, 1:28:07 PM3/6/07

Martijn Halekor

Mar 6, 2007, 1:36:11 PM3/6/07
Luke Burrage wrote:
> There are lots of realy great juggling acts, mostly Russians doing their
> thing, that are only on YouTube, and why should I or those guys put in all
> the effort to add it to the IJDb, just so I can vote for it?

Well, it's the best VIDEO of the year poll, not the best act or routine or
trick... Just my 2p.

Martijn
Oh, and here's my shortlist: www.circusplanet.net/diabolo/video :)

Andreas Folk

Mar 7, 2007, 10:10:30 AM3/7/07
In no particular order:

Higami - Deeep Jugglers from Japan
Norbi Rings 3
Chirstof Buch Video 2
Wes Peden - Tricks of the Day 13
One...

(really a hard decision, I also could name another 10 really great videos
including Aaron Gregg's 423 vid)

The Void

Mar 7, 2007, 11:10:36 AM3/7/07
Malte wrote:
> So these are the criterias right:

Wrong. No, the criterion is just the dates added to IJDb, as explained in
the first post in this thread.

> Would I want to watch it twice in a row?
> Does it co-ordinate well with the music?
> Is it well edited? Do the shots flow well?
> Is it well shot? : well lit, a good variation of shots/angles.
> Has it been encoded well, for a good viewing experience?
> Does it make you smile?
> Does the 'performance' shine as much or more than the 'juggling'?
> Does it ooze originality?

The above are just some things you *might* like to consider *if* you are
having trouble picking just 5
out of a much longer shortlist.

> There are two videos that does this more than anything:
>
> VSNBT MNPLTN SRS 1 - The Harbour
> http://www.visionbot.com/media/VSNBT_MNPLTN_SRS_1_divx.avi
>
> VSNBT MNPLTN SRS 2 - The Forest
> http://www.visionbot.com/media/VSNBT_MNPLTN_SRS_2_divx.avi
>
> Oskar is superior to any other juggling video editor, and the fact that
> his videos are starring swedish master juggling innovators is just
> fantastic. There are no other contenders, face it. Any other results that
> does not shows these 2 on top is at fault.

That's just your opinion, but fine.

> Question: May I vote for the third VSNBT MNPLTN SRS if it is released
> before the deadline in a new post?

Yes, you may.

The Void
Coldfinger, the man with the minus touch!

[Apologies if this double-posts: just had some connection spackery]

boosh

Mar 7, 2007, 12:24:35 PM3/7/07

Malte

Mar 7, 2007, 2:11:22 PM3/7/07
Heh, I guess I came off a bit fanatic about the whole thing and for that I
am sorry. Just trying to vent in advance, I have a feeling that the most
deserving videos will not come upon top as I believe some don't understand
that this is about videos and not juggling in videos, atleast that's how I
see it. Judging from some videos that have gotten votes I am surprised
that no one has voted for every Gatto video in existence. But mainly this
is a great thing for people to catch up on some great videos, I missed the
423 one and that one is just fantastic.
Cheers

Jay Linn

Mar 7, 2007, 5:04:43 PM3/7/07
The Void wrote:

<the rules, dammit>

Brilliant life - memory of Buta-kun.

http://www.jugglingdb.com/videos/index.php?uid=27RN7O2-79154R9Q7P-2

Whodathunk someone could find a use James Blunt? [1]

[1] The man who Punt and Dennis described as "rhyming slang for
himself"! [2]
[2] Twice, on different shows on Radio 4, the cheeky monkeys.

--
Jay Linn

That's one vote. I reserve my right to make more, if the whimsy takes me.

Little Paul

Mar 8, 2007, 4:53:58 AM3/8/07
On 2007-03-07, Jay Linn <J...@jay-linn.co.uk> wrote:

> Whodathunk someone could find a use James Blunt? [1]
>
> [1] The man who Punt and Dennis described as "rhyming slang for
> himself"! [2]

Which is frankly a bit rich coming from "Steve Punt"

-Paul
Whatever happened to Rob Newman?

Jay Linn

Mar 8, 2007, 5:13:12 AM3/8/07
Little Paul wrote:
> On 2007-03-07, Jay Linn <J...@jay-linn.co.uk> wrote:
>> Whodathunk someone could find a use James Blunt? [1]
>>
>> [1] The man who Punt and Dennis described as "rhyming slang for
>> himself"! [2]
>
> Which is frankly a bit rich coming from "Steve Punt"

*Exactly* what I was thinking as the precise moment I hit 'send' ;-)

> Whatever happened to Rob Newman?

Doing rather well for himself, I believe. Last time I looked, he'd
tired of stand-up/comedy/touring and was carving himself a nice little
career as a fairly serious writer of fiction.

Bloody polymaths. They should have more respect for monomaths.

--
Jay Linn

White hat total nutter. I'm ker-ray-zee, me!!

fakoriginal

Mar 8, 2007, 6:29:29 AM3/8/07

Rather confusingly he's rebranded [1] himself as "Robert Newman" and no
longer looks like a Miles Hunt wannabe [2]. http://www.robnewman.com.

fak - remembering

[1] Ooh, let's brand Russell Brand. Please?
[2] Or was that the other way around?

Little Paul

Mar 8, 2007, 7:23:43 AM3/8/07
On 2007-03-08, fakoriginal <f...@juggler.net.nospam.com> wrote:

> [1] Ooh, let's brand Russell Brand. Please?

I was in the unfortunate position of being in a location where
the radio was on for his radio2 show a few weeks back. I had
no alternative sound source available to me, and after the
first 5 minutes I wanted to rip my ears off and stamp on them.

The only way I can possibly see that he's got as far as he has
done, is that the london media set love him for some reason and
that the rest of the world just thinks he's a twat.

A bit like Nathan Barley really.

-Paul

Christof Buch

Mar 9, 2007, 3:54:02 PM3/9/07

anton....@ntlworld.com

Mar 10, 2007, 8:15:17 PM3/10/07
I vote for Angie's amazing hulahooping fatboy slims juggling video!

http://www.jugglingdb.com/videos/index.php?uid=232O611-200722617R-2

Anton x

Jason Perry

Mar 11, 2007, 4:26:00 AM3/11/07
> The WJVF
> [Goal: To promote the creation of creative juggling videos]
>
> At the request of a certain Chimp, there now follows the return of the
> "Best Juggling Video Of The Year" poll.

> The Rules:
> You may vote for any juggling video that was
> added to the IJDb video database on or between 8th March 2006 - 7th April
> 2007.
> Youtube videos, etc are *not* eligible, *unless* there is also a
> downloadable version of the video in the IJDb database.[1]
> You may vote for up to 5 videos. Each vote will receive one point.
> You may vote for your own videos if you are that sad. ;-)
[...]
> Voting starts now, and closes on April 8th.
> There will also be substantial prizes (sent or given) to the top three
> places (e.g. T-shirts, BJC2008 tickets); including a decent cash prize
> going to the winner to support future video creations and investment in
> video equipment.
> I will announce the winners, live at the BJC on April 11th. Results will
> be posted to RJ soon afterwards.

Just wondering who the prize would go to for a video such as the visionbot
manipulation series where the performer and the director are different
people. Would Oskar be the winner or would it be Elias/Isak, or would they
both receive the same prize, or (my favourite option) would they just be
left to fight for it?

Jason.

Jason Perry

Mar 11, 2007, 9:21:27 AM3/11/07
"Jason Perry" <JasonD...@JugglerDotNet.NoSpam> wrote in message

> "The Void" <vo...@youcanfindme.ifyouwant.nospam.com> wrote in message
>> The WJVF
>> [Goal: To promote the creation of creative juggling videos]
>>
>> At the request of a certain Chimp, there now follows the return of the
>> "Best Juggling Video Of The Year" poll.
>
> Just wondering who the prize would go to for a video such as the visionbot
> manipulation series where the performer and the director are different
> people. Would Oskar be the winner or would it be Elias/Isak, or would they
> both receive the same prize, or (my favourite option) would they just be
> left to fight for it?

Oh yeah, and what about any historical videos that may have been submitted
in the last year?

Jason

Peachi - Pete

Mar 11, 2007, 4:47:05 PM3/11/07
Here are Peachimpy's votes:

Angie's Juggling Entry to the Fatbot Slim Competition
http://www.jugglingdb.com/videos/index.php?performer=478&text=Angie
Beatiful video, funny and counts as juggling in my book ;)

Freehand juggling - lovely glow routine from BJC2006
http://www.jugglingdb.com/videos/index.php?uid=1959N2P-477P785Q3O-2

Escape from Riverside Park
http://www.jugglingdb.com/videos/index.php?uid=5452O66-9469NQQ014-2
"Spoof Fire Documentary, following the habits and rituals of fire spinners
in the wild..." - another one from the maker of Vodka and Orange

Bungay Balls Up 7 - 2006
http://www.jugglingdb.com/videos/index.php?uid=6RP21P8-P88P9183R9-2
could have voted for either of these Bungay ones - so count it as a vote for
both - but thought it might be funnier if Ste3void won a competition he
ran.... RIGGED!! ;)

Juggling in a cone - still cant quite work this one out - love it...
http://www.jugglingdb.com/videos/index.php?uid=8225O4-P9O686O663-2

robfirey

Mar 11, 2007, 5:51:00 PM3/11/07
Peachi - Pete wrote:

> Here are Peachimpy's votes:
>
> Bungay Balls Up 7 - 2006
> http://www.jugglingdb.com/videos/index.php?uid=6RP21P8-P88P9183R9-2
> could have voted for either of these Bungay ones - so count it as a vote for
> both - but thought it might be funnier if Ste3void won a competition he
> ran.... RIGGED!! ;)
>
> Hmm vote for Void
Then he would have to do some sort of video in which he presents himself
with the prize. Or some kind of pre-recorded video link...to thank
himself. Great I smell a comedy stitch up.

Bungy 2005 will make my top 5 for sure... but will wait till nearer the
polls end before casting my vote as there could be a few late entries.
Also I've a few hundred more to see yet. More like 1000 odd.

> Rob

check my new video Koru 2007
> http://www.lightfantastic.org.uk/Download/KORU%202007.wmv

robfirey

Mar 11, 2007, 7:08:47 PM3/11/07

check my new video Koru 2007

what I mean
vote for this one if you like it
http://www.jugglingdb.com/videos/index.php?uid=3S971Q7-4Q5Q87Q64O-2

vote for Annette, she's great!!!

biased moi

Rob

The Void

Mar 11, 2007, 7:10:46 PM3/11/07

http://www.jugglingdb.com/videos/index.php?uid=46O81O7-41N400190O-2

http://www.jugglingdb.com/videos/index.php?uid=21O484R-O4Q2715PQP-2

http://www.jugglingdb.com/videos/index.php?uid=1647QQ8-QN78653Q2P-2

http://www.jugglingdb.com/videos/index.php?uid=22Q4080-N241QR6862-2

> (really a hard decision, I also could name another 10 really great videos
> including Aaron Gregg's 423 vid)

The Void
Tidying

The Void

Mar 11, 2007, 7:34:33 PM3/11/07
Jason Perry wrote:
> >> The WJVF
> >> [Goal: To promote the creation of creative juggling videos]
> >>
> >> At the request of a certain Chimp, there now follows the return of the
> >> "Best Juggling Video Of The Year" poll.
> >
> > Just wondering who the prize would go to for a video such as the visionbot
> > manipulation series where the performer and the director are different
> > people. Would Oskar be the winner or would it be Elias/Isak, or would they
> > both receive the same prize, or (my favourite option) would they just be
> > left to fight for it?
>
> Oh yeah, and what about any historical videos that may have been submitted
> in the last year?

We'll push you off that bridge when we come to it.

The Void
Swaying gently while the sea stays solid as a rock.

cir...@ntlworld.com

Mar 11, 2007, 8:43:50 PM3/11/07
My vote goes to the Hula-hooping video. Beautiful location, wonderful
hooping and a great ending!

http://www.jugglingdb.com/videos/index.php?uid=232O611-200722617R-2

Jason Perry

Mar 12, 2007, 5:13:51 AM3/12/07

>> > Just wondering who the prize would go to for a video such as the
>> > visionbot
>> > manipulation series where the performer and the director are different
>> > people. Would Oskar be the winner or would it be Elias/Isak, or would
>> > they
>> > both receive the same prize, or (my favourite option) would they just
>> > be
>> > left to fight for it?
>>
>> Oh yeah, and what about any historical videos that may have been
>> submitted
>> in the last year?
>
> We'll push you off that bridge when we come to it.

Ah good, as long as you have a plan for such contingencies.

Jason.

Nicki

Mar 12, 2007, 8:05:02 AM3/12/07
My vote: Angies Fatboy Slim Video!!!!

http://www.jugglingdb.com/videos/index.php

davein...@hotmail.com

Mar 12, 2007, 9:11:43 AM3/12/07

robinwo...@yahoo.co.uk

Mar 12, 2007, 9:23:46 AM3/12/07

herrt...@netcologne.de

Mar 12, 2007, 9:30:33 AM3/12/07

The Void

Mar 12, 2007, 9:42:36 AM3/12/07
The Void wrote:
> ... "Best Juggling Video Of The Year" poll.
and
> .... substantial prizes....

..and thus did avarice and venality rear their ugly heads. Certain people
should be aware that I'm not an
idiot.[1]

The Void

[1] In many respects, at least.

The Void

Mar 12, 2007, 9:48:17 AM3/12/07
The Void wrote:

> The Void wrote:
> > ... "Best Juggling Video Of The Year" poll.
> and
> > .... substantial prizes....
>
> ..and thus did avarice and venality rear their ugly heads. Certain people
> should be aware that I'm not an
> idiot.[1]
>
> The Void
>
> [1] In many respects, at least. [2]

[2] But not in that of remembering to put my own sig in, obviously.

The Void
It's a wonder that I still know how to breee-eee-eeatheee.

Jason Perry

Mar 12, 2007, 1:14:43 PM3/12/07

> The Void wrote:
>> ... "Best Juggling Video Of The Year" poll.
> and
>> .... substantial prizes....
>
> ..and thus did avarice and venality rear their ugly heads. Certain people
> should be aware that I'm not an
> idiot.[1]

I don't consider myself a complete idiot[1] either, but I did have to look
up 'venality'. Thanks for a new word!

Nice to see a lot of new people appearing on r.j recently - I'm looking
forward to seeing how they're going to enhance our little group!

Jason.
--
[1]. Still a lot more training required before I reach those giddy heights.

fakoriginal

Mar 12, 2007, 1:30:42 PM3/12/07
You're a very gifted amateur, though.

fak - walking away briskly.

Jason Perry

Mar 12, 2007, 1:39:52 PM3/12/07
"fakoriginal" <f...@juggler.net.nospam.com> wrote in message
> Jason Perry wrote:
[...]

>> I don't consider myself a complete idiot[1] either, but I did have to
>> look
>> up 'venality'. Thanks for a new word!
[...].

>> --
>> [1]. Still a lot more training required before I reach those giddy
>> heights.
>
> You're a very gifted amateur, though.

Gee thanks!!!!!

Jason.

lynne

Mar 12, 2007, 1:41:51 PM3/12/07

> >> .... substantial prizes....

Sounds like a good square meal type of prize to me.

> Thanks for a new word!

Careful, you could almost be teetering on the brink of the slippery slope
to Scrabble playing there.

> [1]. Still a lot more training required before I reach those giddy heights.

Or maybe more like snakes and ladders with 'slippery slopes' and 'giddy
heights'.

Lynne

Nicki

Mar 12, 2007, 7:42:08 PM3/12/07
My vote (I voted earlier but not sure if it went through): Angies
Fatboy Slim Video :

http://www.jugglingdb.com/videos/index.php?uid=232O611-200722617R-2

Thank you!

Isaac

Mar 12, 2007, 8:37:41 PM3/12/07
>davein...@hotmail.com wrote: [snip]
>
>robinwo...@yahoo.co.uk wrote: [snip]
>
>herrt...@netcologne.de: [snippity-snip]

Wow! Four lurkers coming out of the woodworks and voting for the same
video within one hour! That must be one hell of a video...

anton....@ntlworld.com

Mar 13, 2007, 1:13:48 AM3/13/07

> Wow! Four lurkers coming out of the woodworks and voting for the same
> video within one hour! That must be one hell of a video...
>
> --

It is! - Watch it and you will see why!!

Colin E.

Mar 13, 2007, 12:07:17 PM3/13/07

Four lurkers who all seem to be using Anton's PC to place their votes.
Just because you use Google Groups, it does not mean that you cannot be
traced.

Surely by cheating in this competition, you spoil Angies chance of
becoming a legitimate winner.

Regards,
Colin E.

Jay Linn

Mar 13, 2007, 12:14:34 PM3/13/07
Colin E. wrote:
> anton....@ntlworld.com wrote:
>>> Wow! Four lurkers coming out of the woodworks and voting for the same
>>> video within one hour! That must be one hell of a video...
>>>
>>> --
>> It is! - Watch it and you will see why!!
>>

> Four lurkers who all seem to be using Anton's PC to place their votes.
> Just because you use Google Groups, it does not mean that you cannot be
> traced.
>
> Surely by cheating in this competition, you spoil Angies chance of
> becoming a legitimate winner.

With respect, there is quite a likelihood that the lurkers and first
time posters in question are genuine, and are probably mates of Anton
and Angie's. But it doesn't look all that clever if it appears that they
were all lurking in an armlock in front of Anton's PC.

So far as I am aware, there is nothing in the rules against canvassing
support in this way, and as such the votes may well be entirely genuine.

There is also nothing in the rules against pointing and laffing at a
rather hamfisted and obvious attempt to get a bandwagon rolling, no
matter how well intentioned.

<points>

<laffs>

--
Jay Linn

The onliest.

Peachi - Pete

Mar 13, 2007, 1:44:56 PM3/13/07

Jay is correct I think......
I can vouch for the fact that all those votes are from genuine people who
happen to be friends of Anton's and Angie's - probably in the area for
Jane's 40th...erm I mean 20th... B-Day this weekend as I was. Nothing wrong
with encouraging them to support a friend in a people's choice vote - even
if it means using the same PC and getting instructions on how to register at
rec.juggling and vote in the WJVF.

Ultimately Ste3void will decide on this but it might encourage more people
to vote and take an interest in the WJVF and rec.juggling generally....
.... cant be a bad thing.

Its all just a bit of fun anyway ;)
Cheese, Peachimpy

juggl...@hotmail.com

Mar 13, 2007, 3:05:44 PM3/13/07
I'm voting for Angie's Hula video. Nice to see a different skill for a
change.
Let's face it, she's DAMN good at hula!!!

http://www.jugglingdb.com/videos/index.php?uid=232O611-200722617R-2

Jane BaLarmy

Koli14

Mar 13, 2007, 3:42:52 PM3/13/07
:'(
noone post me...
:'(

owen.r

Mar 13, 2007, 6:05:54 PM3/13/07

Nearly 5 Ball Paul

Mar 14, 2007, 6:26:33 AM3/14/07
Hi St3void,

I want to vote for this video in the WJVF:
http://www.jugglingdb.com/videos/index.php?uid=232O611-200722617R-2
Angie's entry to the Fatboy Slim Juggling Video Competition

Very twisty indeed.

Nearly 5 Ball Paul
"no it's not a deformity"

On 2007-03-02 15:06:52 +0000, vo...@youcanfindme.ifyouwant.nospam.com
(The Void) said:

> The WJVF
> [Goal: To promote the creation of creative juggling videos]
>
> At the request of a certain Chimp, there now follows the return of the

> "Best Juggling Video Of The Year" poll.
>

> The Rules:
> You may vote for any juggling video that was added to the IJDb video
> database on or between 8th March 2006 - 7th April
> 2007.
> Youtube videos, etc are *not* eligible, *unless* there is also a
> downloadable version of the video in the IJDb database.[1]
> You may vote for up to 5 videos. Each vote will receive one point.
> You may vote for your own videos if you are that sad. ;-)
>
> Please reply with your votes to the first post in this thread, not to
> other people's replies.
>
> It would be helpful if you could include the link to the entries in the
> IJDb for the videos you vote for, e.g.
> A New Hope
> http://www.jugglingdb.com/videos/index.php?uid=67P768-16P687573Q-2
>
> Thank you.
>
> Voting starts now, and closes on April 8th. There will also be
> substantial prizes (sent or given) to the top three
> places (e.g. T-shirts, BJC2008 tickets); including a decent cash prize
> going to the winner to support future video creations and investment in
> video equipment.
> I will announce the winners, live at the BJC on April 11th. Results will
> be posted to RJ soon afterwards.
>
> Search your hard drives, your dvd archives, the IJDb video database,
> and have fun deciding which are your favourites.
> The Void
> Cursing ill-timed holidays
>
> [1] If you want to vote for a Youtube video, try asking the uploader if
> they'd mind putting it on www.jugglethis.net (or would mind if you did),
> as you'd like to vote for it. Flattery works wonders. *BUT DO ASK FIRST* -
> They may have their reasons for not wanting to offer a download version.
>
> That said, here's how to rip a Youtube video: Go to
> http://media-convert.com/ , click the URL button, paste in the website
> address. Set the output format to 'IPOD mp4' (don't worry, it'll play fine
> on computers too) and click convert. The website will then convert the
> video to an mp4 (it might take a little time), and then you can download
> it to your computer. You can then upload it to jugglethis yourself, and it
> will be automatically added to the IJDb within a day or so.
> The freeware program MPEG Streamclip can do the same job if you don't want
> to do it all online.

Daniele Caselli

Mar 14, 2007, 9:37:14 AM3/14/07
juggl...@hotmail.com wrote:
> Let's face it, she's DAMN good at hula!!!

Auto-promotional message (like tons of messages for Angie)

Let's face the truth: Silvia (from Imperfect Cirquel video)
is waaay better at hula! :-)

Peachi - Pete wrote:
> Jay is correct I think......
> I can vouch for the fact that all those votes are from genuine people who
> happen to be friends of Anton's and Angie's - probably in the area for
> Jane's 40th...erm I mean 20th... B-Day this weekend as I was. Nothing wrong
> with encouraging them to support a friend in a people's choice vote - even
> if it means using the same PC and getting instructions on how to register at
> rec.juggling and vote in the WJVF.

> Ultimately Ste3void will decide on this but it might encourage more people
> to vote and take an interest in the WJVF and rec.juggling generally....
> .... cant be a bad thing.

I think that is *really sad* what Angie's friends are doing:
register themselves at rec.juggling just to vote for Angie...

http://www.jugglingdb.com/news/rightpane.php?group=1&id=168248
http://www.jugglingdb.com/news/rightpane.php?group=1&id=168247
http://www.jugglingdb.com/news/rightpane.php?group=1&id=168246
http://www.jugglingdb.com/news/rightpane.php?group=1&id=168343
http://www.jugglingdb.com/news/rightpane.php?group=1&id=168230

all of us could do the same (if we want): for example i could
invite all of my juggler friends of www.giocoleria.org to vote for us!
But it would be really really sad, don't you think??

Daniele

ChrisFowler

Mar 14, 2007, 11:00:59 AM3/14/07

Here are my votes, in no particular order:

Imperfect Cirquel
Norbi-Rings 3
VSNBT MNPLTN SRS 1-the harbor
Karas Kwickie Complete
JAW4
-------------------------
So, those are my votes. I wanted to vote for synergy and some of my
personal videos, but I decided to have some dignity and not.

The Void

Mar 15, 2007, 11:06:24 AM3/15/07
The Void wrote:

> The WJVF
> [Goal: To promote the creation of creative juggling videos]
>
> At the request of a certain Chimp, there now follows the return of the
> "Best Juggling Video Of The Year" poll.

It has come to my attention that there has been some mischief going on
regarding voting in the WJVF, perpetrated by certain self-styled 'cheeky
monkeys' who should know better.

Although I have been informed that this was done innocently and purely for
fun and to raise awareness of the WJVF and rec.juggling I have decided to
introduce a retrospective caveat as follows:

Only people whom I consider to be genuine members of the online juggling
community will have their votes counted. This will exclude people who
simply register to vote for friends. I will use my discretion to decide
who
this does or does not apply to. Yes, this may be viewed as arbitrary, but
feel my hand has been forced. You'll all just have to trust me.

The dictator's decision is final.

Please continue to cast your votes as normal otherwise.

Thanks,

The Void
Castigating quisling instigators

The Void

Mar 15, 2007, 11:19:30 AM3/15/07

http://www.jugglingdb.com/videos/index.php?uid=5QN4NNS-0NO9P72N53-2

http://www.jugglingdb.com/videos/index.php?uid=28PQ962-971O029O66-2

> So, those are my votes. I wanted to vote for synergy and some of my
> personal videos, but I decided to have some dignity and not.

Good for you. Would that others had such restraint.

The Void
Monkey shoot, anyone?

The Void

Mar 15, 2007, 11:24:32 AM3/15/07
Daniele Caselli wrote:
> juggl...@hotmail.com wrote:
> > Let's face it, she's DAMN good at hula!!!
>
> Auto-promotional message (like tons of messages for Angie)
>
> Let's face the truth: Silvia (from Imperfect Cirquel video)
> is waaay better at hula! :-)
>
> Peachi - Pete wrote:
> > Jay is correct I think......
> > I can vouch for the fact that all those votes are from genuine people who
> > happen to be friends of Anton's and Angie's - probably in the area for
> > Jane's 40th...erm I mean 20th... B-Day this weekend as I was. Nothing wrong
> > with encouraging them to support a friend in a people's choice vote - even
> > if it means using the same PC and getting instructions on how to register
at
> > rec.juggling and vote in the WJVF.
>
> > Ultimately Ste3void will decide on this but it might encourage more people
> > to vote and take an interest in the WJVF and rec.juggling generally....
> > .... cant be a bad thing.

"Well, that certainly is an interesting opinion."

> I think that is *really sad* what Angie's friends are doing:
> register themselves at rec.juggling just to vote for Angie...
>
> http://www.jugglingdb.com/news/rightpane.php?group=1&id=168248
> http://www.jugglingdb.com/news/rightpane.php?group=1&id=168247
> http://www.jugglingdb.com/news/rightpane.php?group=1&id=168246
> http://www.jugglingdb.com/news/rightpane.php?group=1&id=168343
> http://www.jugglingdb.com/news/rightpane.php?group=1&id=168230
>
> all of us could do the same (if we want): for example i could
> invite all of my juggler friends of www.giocoleria.org to vote for us!
> But it would be really really sad, don't you think??

Yes, Daniele, I agree with you. Kudos to you for not sinking to the same
level as others.

Regards,

The Void
Sig agrees with Jay's sig before the current one.

Peachi - Pete

Mar 16, 2007, 7:57:17 AM3/16/07

Good call el Presidente. I think that should work fine ;)

Time for a confession: it was my idea to play this little prank and get a
few people to vote for Angie.
I thought it might help promote the WJVF with a bit of controversy. I forgot
how viscious it can get on here though :(
Plus I also forgot that there were prizes on offer this year and my little
scheme might end up compromising that aspect...Doh!!
So anyway we've informed Voidy of all our ringers and so only genuine votes
will count now.
Just for the record Angie had nothing to do with this - it was just us boys
having a larf ;)
So I hope people will continue to vote for her if that is their personal
preference. No grudges..
So apologies to rec.juggling for any raised blood pressures and Ste3void for
nearly derailing the voting process.
I will be fulfilling an impartial supporting role from now on... and putting
my cheeky monkey antics to work elsewhere.
So keep voting and enjoy this celebration of great juggling videos on
rec.juggling ;)
Cheese, Peachimpy

*********************************
I enjoyed Colin going all 'Big Brother' mind you ;)
...we would have got away with it too if it wasn't for those pesky
dictators...

fakoriginal

Mar 20, 2007, 9:16:11 AM3/20/07
Jay Linn wrote:

> Ken Nishimura wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
> > Voting is a good idea and whatever rules should work fine.
> > I'm just saying in general, you enthusiasts may download every bit of
> > videos, writing some sort of script or using tools, taking time, but
> > I suppose most less enthusiastic jugglers only watch YouTube since
> > it's much much easier.
> >
> > As the number of clicks to watch it decreses, the number of audience
> > gets higher. So, I actually think IJDb rec.juggling reader should
> > translate a link to YouTube into an embeded code so we can start
> > the video inline, on the spot.
>
> Spot on Ken. YouTube may be not count this year, but will surely be
> essential by the time next year's WJVF rolls around. It's just unavoidable.
>
> That said, I am also of the opinion that the quality isn't really good
> enough at the moment, but I expect that will improve too. Moreover,
> since Google pwns GooTube these days, it seems reasonable to expect that
> it will become increasingly user friendly, since that is what Google are
> good at.

For those that like Youtube videos and feel like getting involved with
some ballot-stuffing, there's always this
---->http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6466143.stm

fak - not Charles Caleb Colton

ChrisFowler

Mar 20, 2007, 9:30:27 AM3/20/07

Seeing as I doubt a juggling video will win, let's all vote for Chad
Vader and the treadmill guys.

Drew_Ministry

Mar 22, 2007, 12:55:46 PM3/22/07

fakoriginal

Mar 22, 2007, 1:42:08 PM3/22/07
Drew_Ministry wrote:

> Francis and Lotte Brunn
> http://www.jugglingdb.com/videos/index.php?uid=1QRO439-86Q5085RPO-2
>
> Stefan Sing Improv Svendborg
> http://www.jugglingdb.com/videos/index.php?uid=39P12R9-NO464P873N-2
>
> How many more votes do I get?

You can vote for a maximum of 5 videos, so assuming these are your first
two votes [1], you can vote for 3 more videos.

fak - remembering to vote before 8th April

[1] The Void would know [2]
[2] as should you.

Malte

Mar 22, 2007, 6:07:49 PM3/22/07
I am not sure if my links in my earlier voting post was guilty for being
counted. So if it is possible could you disregard my earlier post and
count this one instead?

VSNBT MNPLTN SRS 1 - The Harbour
http://www.jugglingdb.com/videos/index.php?uid=P7Q2214-56Q9R250N7-2&highlight=VSNBT%2CMNPLTN%2CSRS

VSNBT MNPLTN SRS 2 - The Forest
http://www.jugglingdb.com/videos/index.php?uid=P7Q1R76-3391236O9R-2&highlight=THE%2CFOREST

VSNBT MNPLTN SRS 3 - The Room -
http://www.jugglingdb.com/videos/index.php?uid=12PNPR48-R92R2879RN-2&highlight=room

I hope that was correct.
Cheers
/mattias

The Void

Mar 24, 2007, 3:51:39 PM3/24/07
Malte wrote:

> I am not sure if my links in my earlier voting post was guilty for being
> counted. So if it is possible could you disregard my earlier post and
> count this one instead?

No problem. So you have now voted for 3 videos, and can vote for 2 more if
you wish.

The Void
Castle parky.

Nicki

Mar 25, 2007, 5:24:36 PM3/25/07

Who wrote and voted here in my name? I did NOT write the quoted text.

So there must be a cheater.

NERD

Mar 25, 2007, 9:12:22 PM3/25/07
Nicki skrev:

> Nicki wrote:
>> My vote (I voted earlier but not sure if it went through): Angies
>> Fatboy Slim Video :
>>
>> http://www.jugglingdb.com/videos/index.php?uid=232O611-200722617R-2
>>
>> Thank you!
>>

> Who wrote and voted here in my name? I did NOT write the quoted text.
>
> So there must be a cheater.

Sure it's not you being of the rocker wasted?

You really should ease down on that free basing.

The Void

Mar 26, 2007, 6:05:06 AM3/26/07
Nicki wrote:

> Nicki wrote:
> >
> > My vote (I voted earlier but not sure if it went through): Angies
> > Fatboy Slim Video :
> >
> > http://www.jugglingdb.com/videos/index.php?uid=232O611-200722617R-2
> >
> > Thank you!

> Who wrote and voted here in my name? I did NOT write the quoted text.
>
> So there must be a cheater.

Nicki,

You don't have the exclusive rights to the name 'Nicki', as far as I'm
aware.

You're looking at rec.juggling via the IJDb, which groups posters by their
user name.
Therefore, if someone posts as 'Nicki' after someone else (you) has set up
an IJDb profile in that name, both posts will be shown with the same
profile ID in the IJDb portal.

If I have to, I can tell the difference by looking at the headers of the
posts.

HTH

The Void
I can lie to myself

The Void

Mar 29, 2007, 9:05:31 AM3/29/07
The Void wrote:
> Vote!

I'm still pondering the other four, but here's my first vote.

Imperfect Cirquel
http://www.jugglingdb.com/videos/index.php?uid=93OOSO4-8324R9O047-2

The Void
Longer