Can anyone juggle playing cards?

AverageJoggler

Dec 20, 2007, 11:33:37 AM12/20/07
I learned how to throw cards from Ricky Jay's (http://
www.rickyjay.com/) excellent book "Cards As Weapons". I even got to
the point where I could boomerang cards by throwing them up and having
them come back down in my hands. I could never do more than two
though.

Has anyone ever been able to "juggle" three or more individual playing
cards? Any videos?

Peter Bone

Dec 20, 2007, 11:43:58 AM12/20/07

Yes, I did it once with 3 fairly solidly. I spun them as if throwing a
frisbee (flying disk) straight up.
Pete

Dave Altman

Dec 20, 2007, 11:45:56 AM12/20/07
AverageJoggler wrote:
> I even got to
> the point where I could boomerang cards by throwing them up and having
> them come back down in my hands. I could never do more than two
> though.

Just curious, were you trying to do a shower pattern or can you boomerang
them with both hands?

Jason Perry

Dec 20, 2007, 12:19:24 PM12/20/07
AverageJoggler wrote:

> Has anyone ever been able to "juggle" three or more individual playing
> cards? Any videos?

http://www.superhandz.com/videos.html
Video right at the very bottom of the page.

Jason.

haffnium72

Dec 20, 2007, 12:26:09 PM12/20/07

I think this was mentioned a couple years ago. I found this video on
Superhandz.com (or possibly just the website was mentioned).
http://flourishman.com/1juggleWMV.wmv

This is Jerry Cestkowski according to his website. I guess he calls
himself flourishman. If you go to his website he sells a few
instructional videos.

Good luck,
jöhn

Al Teal

Dec 20, 2007, 12:29:21 PM12/20/07

jbarlow

Dec 20, 2007, 3:46:37 PM12/20/07

Solve the juggling puzzle and there could possibly be a video at the end
where someone does a cascade with kings...

http://www.kingscascade.com/JugglingPuzzle.html

Jim

Cheet577

Dec 20, 2007, 6:11:00 PM12/20/07
> I can average about 11 or 12 catches with 3. I plan on posting a video
sometime once I get better. But The best video is the one people have been
posting of Jerry Cestkowski. He wrote the Encyclopedia of Playing Card
Flourishes and in it he teaches how to juggle 3 cards. In the book he claims
to have seen footage of a Russian circus juggler juggling 5 playing cards and
then tearing them in half at the end to show they were regular cards. I can't
imagine it's possible to do more than 5, but who knows.

Tim from Leeds

Dec 22, 2007, 7:59:35 PM12/22/07

One of my friends at high school did some work as a magician, and was able
to hold a deck of cards in one hand and flick the first card in it to the
other hand. I learnt to do this and tried to juggle them, but couldn't get
the flick right with my left hand. I still think it would be cool to
juggle my way through the whole deck of cards like this. I've never seen
it done like this, but as other people have said it's been done by
throwing the cards.

Tim

sylphskin

Dec 24, 2007, 2:10:55 AM12/24/07

I was juggling in Heathrow on my way out to the EJC (mostly hoping there
might be other ppl around on the way out to the convention) and this chap
offered to help me get work on cruise ships :P he was on his way out to
Athens to start one.

www.alexlodge.com

don't know if there are any vids of him card juggling, but he was showing
me some stuff on the plane and he was excellent.

love and kisses,

oli

Jaksi

Dec 24, 2007, 8:18:29 AM12/24/07
Dave Altman wrote:

> AverageJoggler wrote:
> > I even got to
> > the point where I could boomerang cards by throwing them up and having
> > them come back down in my hands. I could never do more than two
> > though.
>
> Just curious, were you trying to do a shower pattern or can you boomerang
> them with both hands?

3 in 1 hand?

Brian Fahs

Dec 26, 2007, 11:39:38 AM12/26/07

"AverageJoggler" <Thejo...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Pretty easy if you crumple them up into little balls first....

Oh, that wasn't what you meant?

Brian

KooKie

Dec 26, 2007, 6:49:16 PM12/26/07

I have been known to juggle while playing cards... to much annoyance of my
fellow pokerfriends who need read on the cards I'm holding.

.ow and I tried it yesterday... doesn't seem that hard but can't do it

yet