Combined halfshower-fullshower siteswap?

1 view

matias

Apr 14, 2008, 8:33:43 AM4/14/08
Hi there

Anybody knows the siteswap for a combined 4 ball halfshower - fullshower?

Not a transition from one to the other, but a continuously pattern.

-Matias

John Else

Apr 14, 2008, 8:44:50 AM4/14/08
This sounds to me like it could be done as a variation on 5551, with the
hand that always throws 5s doing over-the-top throws. Something like this:

http://jugglinglab.sourceforge.net/siteswap.php?pattern=5551;hands=(32.5)(10).(10)(32.5).

matias

Apr 14, 2008, 8:49:14 AM4/14/08
John Else wrote:

> This sounds to me like it could be done as a variation on 5551, with the
> hand that always throws 5s doing over-the-top throws. Something like this:

http://jugglinglab.sourceforge.net/siteswap.php?pattern=5551;hands=(32.5)(10).(10)(32.5).

Could be, allthough im pretty shure the pattern im thinking of, were done
with all the right handed throws over the top, while all the left-throws
where done underneath in some way

Guy G

Apr 14, 2008, 9:16:17 AM4/14/08

I learnt it as a variant of 5551, but obviously the timings have to be
altered a little bit. Perhaps it would help if you told us:
a) Why you want to know the siteswap, and
b) Which halfshower you mean

Guy

matias

Apr 14, 2008, 9:29:18 AM4/14/08
Guy G wrote:

> I learnt it as a variant of 5551, but obviously the timings have to be
> altered a little bit. Perhaps it would help if you told us:
> a) Why you want to know the siteswap, and
> b) Which halfshower you mean
>
> Guy

It could very well be that I just have to alter the timing a bit.

a) Why i want to know the siteswap? Well i just want to see it in
jugglelab, so that I can learn it...

b) Just a basic halfshower 53, with outside throws

-Matias

Marden117

Apr 14, 2008, 9:32:04 AM4/14/08

The siteswap you are looking for is 7571 and I had a whole wiki page on
halfshower/shower siteswaps but since wiki is don't it doesn't help you.
Well, anyway, hope this is what you were looking for.

Danny

Marden117

Apr 14, 2008, 9:37:54 AM4/14/08
Marden117 wrote:

> matias wrote:
> >
> > Guy G wrote:
> > >

> > > I learnt it as a variant of 5551, but obviously the timings have to be
> > > altered a little bit. Perhaps it would help if you told us:
> > > a) Why you want to know the siteswap, and
> > > b) Which halfshower you mean
> > >
> > > Guy
> > >

> > It could very well be that I just have to alter the timing a bit.
> >
> > a) Why i want to know the siteswap? Well i just want to see it in
> > jugglelab, so that I can learn it...
> >
> > b) Just a basic halfshower 53, with outside throws
> >
> > -Matias
>
> The siteswap you are looking for is 7571 and I had a whole wiki page on
> halfshower/shower siteswaps but since wiki is down it doesn't help you.

> Well, anyway, hope this is what you were looking for.

Also meant to add that the 4 ball version you're looking for is indeed
5551.

John Else

Apr 14, 2008, 9:41:54 AM4/14/08
Unfortunately OP asked for a 4 ball siteswap :)

I've been racking my brains trying to find a 4 ball siteswap based on
7571, the best I've found is 75717023 but I doubt that's what you were
looking for because it looks fairly messy.

You can adjust the timings of 5551 so that the first and third 5s always
go over the second 5, although I'm not sure how to animate this well in
Juggling Lab.

John

Mats1

Apr 14, 2008, 10:02:02 AM4/14/08
matias wrote:

> Hi there
>
> Anybody knows the siteswap for a combined 4 ball halfshower - fullshower?
>
> Not a transition from one to the other, but a continuously pattern.
>

> -Matias

I think this is pretty close to what you are looking for. Check it out in
Jongl or juggling lab:

(4x, 6x)(6x, 2x)(2x, 4x)

(4x, 6x) = half shower
(6x, 2x) = full shower
(2x, 4x) = low full shower

Random babble: I think the six ball version is one of the most beautiful
six ball tricks I ever saw!

(6x, 8x)(8x, 4x)(4x, 6x)

Check it out in a program =0

matias

Apr 14, 2008, 10:10:06 AM4/14/08
John Else wrote:

> Unfortunately OP asked for a 4 ball siteswap :)
>
> I've been racking my brains trying to find a 4 ball siteswap based on
> 7571, the best I've found is 75717023 but I doubt that's what you were
> looking for because it looks fairly messy.
>
> You can adjust the timings of 5551 so that the first and third 5s always
> go over the second 5, although I'm not sure how to animate this well in
> Juggling Lab.
>
> John

Your probaply right.. I will have to work on those 5`s then

Cheers

matias

Apr 14, 2008, 10:12:17 AM4/14/08

> The siteswap you are looking for is 7571 and I had a whole wiki page on
> halfshower/shower siteswaps but since wiki is don't it doesn't help you.
> Well, anyway, hope this is what you were looking for.
>
> Danny

Thats it!!! 7571. I thought it was a 4 ball pattern. A shame since I`m
only able to do a 5 Ball halfshower, but not the full shower.

thanks

Luke Burrage

Apr 14, 2008, 11:17:26 AM4/14/08
John Else wrote:

> This sounds to me like it could be done as a variation on 5551, with the
> hand that always throws 5s doing over-the-top throws. Something like this:

http://jugglinglab.sourceforge.net/siteswap.php?pattern=5551;hands=(32.5)(10).(10)(32.5).

Something like this? (ax,0)(2,8x)(ax,0)(0,2x)

Again, doubling up the two handed beatmap leave some rather high throws...

Luke

Peter Bone

Apr 14, 2008, 12:03:35 PM4/14/08
> Random babble: I think the six ball version is one of the most beautiful
> six ball tricks I ever saw!
>
> (6x, 8x)(8x, 4x)(4x, 6x)
>
> Check it out in a program =0

Thanks, I'm going to have to learn that one - or rather
(6x,8x)(8x,4x)(4x,6x)*

Pete

popstar_dave

Apr 16, 2008, 12:56:10 AM4/16/08
matias wrote:

> Hi there
>
> Anybody knows the siteswap for a combined 4 ball halfshower - fullshower?
>
> Not a transition from one to the other, but a continuously pattern.
>

> -Matias

Are you thinking about 575151 ?

Dave