Grupos de Google ya no admite nuevas publicaciones ni suscripciones de Usenet. El contenido anterior sigue siendo visible.

Definitition of "Squeeze"

Visto 1 vez
Saltar al primer mensaje no leído

Ed Provencher

no leída,
15 may 2008, 0:30:5715/5/08
What is the definition of a "squeeze"? Are there different types of
squeezes? Thanks.

www.icantstopjuggling.blogspot.com

The Void

no leída,
15 may 2008, 0:50:0015/5/08
Ed Provencher wrote:
> What is the definition of a "squeeze"? Are there different types of
> squeezes? Thanks.

Time reversed multiplex.

The Void
Jimmy keeps Hoggy out? Hmmm...

bill coad

no leída,
15 may 2008, 1:40:0615/5/08
The Void wrote:

> Ed Provencher wrote:
> > What is the definition of a "squeeze"? Are there different types of
> > squeezes? Thanks.
>
> Time reversed multiplex.
>
> The Void
> Jimmy keeps Hoggy out? Hmmm...

As for different types, the throws forming the squeeze can be of equal
heights from different hands or of different heights from the same or
different hands. The objects are travelling at the same speed in the
first case but different speeds in the second case which makes the timing
of the squeeze catch more difficult.

Tosser

no leída,
15 may 2008, 4:41:2315/5/08
The Void wrote:

> Jimmy keeps Hoggy out? Hmmm...

Feet up in the pavilion today methinks

Ed Provencher

no leída,
15 may 2008, 4:49:2915/5/08
On May 15, 2:40 pm, billc...@roadrunner.com.nospam.com (bill coad)
wrote:

Is there a special term for a set of balls that land in the same hand
at different times, but very close in time? For example, in the 5b
pattern [53]07 the 3 and the 7 land in the same hand at nearly the
same time. While not technically a squeeze, it seems like this sort
of catch deserves its own term.

Other 5b examples:

[53]34
[53]52
[53]165

Luke Burrage

no leída,
15 may 2008, 5:02:3415/5/08

> Is there a special term for a set of balls that land in the same hand
> at different times, but very close in time? For example, in the 5b
> pattern [53]07 the 3 and the 7 land in the same hand at nearly the
> same time. While not technically a squeeze, it seems like this sort
> of catch deserves its own term.

This is the result of your siteswap animator of choice displaying the
pattern in that way. Looking at the siteswap, the 3 and the 7 land on the
same beat. You COULD do this as a squeeze catch if you wanted to, and so
could Juggling Lab, etc. But the programmers decided it was best to make
the pattern "jugglable" looking, rather than "accurate".

I just checked and even lower patterns like 50301[531] are shown on
Juggling Lab with three distinct but very close catches.

I wouldn't call that move anything except three catches. The happen to be
within the time space of a single beat in siteswap, but we all know that
siteswap is more of a guide to juggling patterns, rather than strict
instructions on how to juggle.

A squeeze catch is where your hand is open and empty, and when you close
it around the object landing in it there are two (or more) props in your
hand. Two catches close in time are simply two catches.

Luke

Ed Provencher

no leída,
15 may 2008, 5:16:3915/5/08
On May 15, 6:02 pm, lukeburr...@yahoobutnospamthanks.com.nospam.com

Thanks for the clarification about the timing of the catches. I did
use Juggling Lab to view the patterns. Can I assume that all nearly
simultaneous catches displayed with Juggling Lab are technically
squeeze catches? If not, do you recommend a ladder diagram to decide
if it's a squeeze? I've never used a ladder diagram, but I recall
that being mentioned as a way to see this aspect of patterns.

Peter Bone

no leída,
15 may 2008, 6:35:5115/5/08
Just check if more than one ball lands on the multiplex site of the
pattern by marking the landing site of each throw. If more than one throw
lands there that aren't 2's then it's a squeeze.

50301[531]
xxxxx x

Matthew Tiffany

no leída,
15 may 2008, 7:19:5115/5/08
hey
it is in accurate to have the balls landing very close togehter if they
r a squeeze but at the time i think im right in saying that people only
did [33] etc, other forms of squeeze werent popular and since everyone
juggles [33] with very close but non squeezes it fits its purpose, i would
absolutly love someone to make a squeeze generator and an animator capable
of no dwell time hits from various parts of the body!
tiff
xx

Marden117

no leída,
15 may 2008, 7:30:2015/5/08
Peter Bone wrote:

> Ed Provencher wrote:

<snip>

> > Thanks for the clarification about the timing of the catches. I did
> > use Juggling Lab to view the patterns. Can I assume that all nearly
> > simultaneous catches displayed with Juggling Lab are technically
> > squeeze catches? If not, do you recommend a ladder diagram to decide
> > if it's a squeeze? I've never used a ladder diagram, but I recall
> > that being mentioned as a way to see this aspect of patterns.
> >
> Just check if more than one ball lands on the multiplex site of the
> pattern by marking the landing site of each throw. If more than one throw
> lands there that aren't 2's then it's a squeeze.

Waits for Daniele Caselli to reply "think of the definition of "2": it
should be a throw".

Daniele Caselli

no leída,
15 may 2008, 11:02:4715/5/08
Marden117 wrote:

> Waits for Daniele Caselli to reply "think of the definition of "2": it
> should be a throw".

Damn it, Danny Marden forestalls me! :-)

0 mensajes nuevos