Blind football...........

Alan...

Jul 18, 1991, 9:14:57 AM7/18/91

A father takes his three blind sons to the beach one afternoon
to enjoy the good weather. As they sit on the beach facing
the sea the father notices that all three boys are bored out of
their minds, so, beining a thoughtful father he buys a large
beech ball and places a small bell inside it so that his kids
can kick it around and hear where it goes. So, with his kids
content and happy he goes off for a fly pint. After about an
hour some guy comes running into the pub shouting "DOES ANY-
ONE IN HEAR KNOW THE THREE BLIND KIDS OUTSIDE ?"
"I do " calls the father, " they are my sons"
"well come quick" shouts the guy, " they are kicking the shit
out of some Morris Dancers". (sp)

...........sorry..............

__
/ \
--< alan >--
\ __ /

" Hasta La Vista ... baby " (Terminator II)

Kate Atherley

Jul 18, 1991, 3:25:25 PM7/18/91
In article <1991Jul18.1...@vaxa.strath.ac.uk> cra...@vaxa.strath.ac.uk (Alan...) writes:

> A father takes his three blind sons to the beach one afternoon
> to enjoy the good weather. As they sit on the beach facing
> the sea the father notices that all three boys are bored out of
> their minds, so, beining a thoughtful father he buys a large
> beech ball and places a small bell inside it so that his kids
> can kick it around and hear where it goes. So, with his kids
> content and happy he goes off for a fly pint. After about an
> hour some guy comes running into the pub shouting "DOES ANY-
> ONE IN HEAR KNOW THE THREE BLIND KIDS OUTSIDE ?"
> "I do " calls the father, " they are my sons"
> "well come quick" shouts the guy, " they are kicking the shit
> out of some Morris Dancers". (sp)

So, did anyone on this side of the Atlantic apart from me get this?
Everyone in my office wanted to know what I was laughing, but
when I told them the joke, they didn't seem to get it.
They just gave me a "weird brit" look.

Perhaps we should include Morris dancers in the translation list.

Kate

Graeme Griffiths

Jul 19, 1991, 7:03:01 AM7/19/91

[Joke deleted]

>So, did anyone on this side of the Atlantic apart from me get this?
>Everyone in my office wanted to know what I was laughing, but
>when I told them the joke, they didn't seem to get it.
>They just gave me a "weird brit" look.

>Perhaps we should include Morris dancers in the translation list.

Nooooo, you can't do that it's waaaaayy too embarrassing. Apart from the
slight excentricity of some of the more visible Brits around the world,
Britain could seem like a reasonable, if slightly ego boosted, country.
If the world got to hear about huge black-smiths dressed in hankies and
bells bonking each other with large sticks...... for fun, our reputation
would be ruined.
You can just imagine the UN meetings......
Not to mention the G7 summit.

|From: Graeme Griffiths | "I want to be a drunk, |
|Abekas Video Systems,12 Portman Rd,| but I'm just not good enough!" |
|Reading,Berks,ENGLAND. | Tyla (Dogs D'Amour) |
|(0734)585421 x2248 | |

Greg Goebel

Jul 19, 1991, 10:11:02 AM7/19/91
Okay ... what's a "Morris Dancer"?

Wile E. Coyote at the Acme Online Support Organization For The SouthWest
| DISCLAIMER |
| Who cares what I think? I don't take MYSELF seriously, why should you? |
| Greg Goebel NET: gvg@hpislx |
| Hewlett-Packard HP DESK: gvg(hpislx) / HP0900 / UX |
| MSO Marketing PHONE: Telnet/303 679-3424 |
| POB 301 / MS-CU312 / Loveland CO 80539 FAX: Telnet/303 679-5957 |

Tony Sweeney

Jul 22, 1991, 3:42:14 AM7/22/91
In article <330...@hplvec.LVLD.HP.COM> g...@hplvec.LVLD.HP.COM (Greg Goebel) writes:
>Okay ... what's a "Morris Dancer"?
Morris dancing is a form of traditional English folk dancing found
principally in the southern counties of England, a horrific spectacle
involving grown men dancing a bizarre ritual square dance wearing dark
trousers, white shirts, stupid hats, ribbons on the arms, and bells on
their toes. It is reserved for ghastly hippy festivals and country town
pedestrian precints on public holidays. Participants are generally
secondary-school teachers, university lecturers, computer programmers,
other such dweebs, and child molesters. They usually sport beards and ugly
wives, and insist on painting their childrens' faces at "fayres". Be glad you
have never witnessed them first-hand.

Tony.

The Grey Wolf

Jul 29, 1991, 8:49:16 PM7/29/91
/* <1991Jul22....@ingres.Ingres.COM> by swe...@Ingres.COM (Tony Sweeney)
* In article <330...@hplvec.LVLD.HP.COM> g...@hplvec.LVLD.HP.COM (Greg Goebel) writes:
* >Okay ... what's a "Morris Dancer"?
/*
* Morris dancing is a form of traditional English folk dancing found
* principally in the southern counties of England, a horrific spectacle
* involving grown men dancing a bizarre ritual square dance wearing dark
* trousers, white shirts, stupid hats, ribbons on the arms, and bells on
* their toes. It is reserved for ghastly hippy festivals and country town
* pedestrian precints on public holidays. Participants are generally
* secondary-school teachers, university lecturers, computer programmers,
* other such dweebs, and child molesters. They usually sport beards and
* ugly wives, and insist on painting their childrens' faces at "fayres".
* Be glad you have never witnessed them first-hand.
*

Are you serious in this viewpoint? As one who knows quite a few Morris
Dancers, their wives are *not* ugly...

* Tony.
*/

P.S. If you're truly serious about this viewpoint towards them, please
send e-mail...
--
# "Religion is a weapon invented by the sheep to keep the wolves in line."
# grey...@unisoft.com