If God Isn't ....

William E. Homer

Sep 13, 1994, 12:40:29 PM9/13/94
I noticed two bumper stickers the other day:
"If God isn't a Texas Longhorn fan why is the sunset burnt orange?"

"If God isn't a Penn State fan why is the sky blue and white?"

I was wondering if this is common among all schools or just the football
crazy ones. Input anyone?
--
William E. Homer | McKinney, TX
will...@netcom.com |

fjm...@acad.drake.edu

Sep 13, 1994, 11:40:27 PM9/13/94

Probably just the football crazy ones. They had a shirt at the
University of Michigan (my undergrad) which said:
"God must have been a Wolverine, he made the sun maize and the
sky blue." (It may have said "gold" instead of "maize," but the
official color was "maize.")

And there ain't no doubt about it, U of M is one football crazy
school. (Not to mention basketball.) I wonder what the Notre
Dame people say? (Not about their LOSS to Michigan, but about the
whole "God/sky/clouds/sunset/etc..." thing.)

(Pink) Floyd McDaniel II - a retired Wolverine.

Thomas M. Rothacker

Sep 15, 1994, 11:34:42 AM9/15/94
E. Homer) wrote:

If God isn't an Arizona State fan, I now understand why. (Miami 47, ASU 10)

+-----------------------+
| Thomas M. Rothacker |
| tom.ro...@asu.edu |
+-----------------------+

D02...@univscvm.csd.scarolina.edu

Sep 14, 1994, 3:10:36 PM9/14/94
In article <william1C...@netcom.com>

will...@netcom.com (William E. Homer) writes:

>I noticed two bumper stickers the other day:
>"If God isn't a Texas Longhorn fan why is the sunset burnt orange?"
>

>"If God isn't a Penn State fan why is the sky blue and white?"
>
>I was wondering if this is common among all schools or just the football
>crazy ones. Input anyone?

God must love Carolina, cuz he made so many 'Cocks!!!

Ken Mixon ,,, |
Health and Safety Programs (0 0) |
University of South Carolina------------------oOO--(_)--OOo-------------|
E-MAIL: mi...@univscvm.csd.scarolina.edu--------------------------------|

Lucius L. Lockwood

Sep 15, 1994, 12:02:00 PM9/15/94
One time when I was in the South I saw an even more interesting
variant:

"If God isn't a North Carolina fan, how come he made the sky
Tarheel Blue?"

Other than these few examples, I haven't seen many other college fans
use these kind of slogans.

Opinions expressed are Mine - Take 'em or Leave 'em.
lucius_...@email.mot.com USDA Zone 9 Arid Monsoonal

Mark Keeney

Sep 16, 1994, 3:03:03 AM9/16/94
Lucius L. Lockwood (P23...@email.mot.com) wrote:

(snip!)

> One time when I was in the South I saw an even more interesting
> variant:
>
> "If God isn't a North Carolina fan, how come he made the sky
> Tarheel Blue?"

"if god isn't an ohio state fan, why did he make buckeyes
poisonous nuts?!" hey, wait... ;)

--

mk :[

mark keeney
mke...@nova.wright.edu don't make me use uppercase...

Mark K. Zane

Sep 16, 1994, 12:19:34 PM9/16/94
In article <1994091509...@email.mot.com> P23...@email.mot.com (Lucius L. Lockwood) writes:
>In Article <william1C...@netcom.com> "will...@netcom.com (William E. Homer)" says:
>> I noticed two bumper stickers the other day:
>> "If God isn't a Texas Longhorn fan why is the sunset burnt orange?"
>>
>> "If God isn't a Penn State fan why is the sky blue and white?"
>>
>One time when I was in the South I saw an even more interesting
>variant:
>
> "If God isn't a North Carolina fan, how come he made the sky
> Tarheel Blue?"
>
>Other than these few examples, I haven't seen many other college fans
>use these kind of slogans.

I think you mean "If God's not a Tarheel, why is the sky Carolina Blue?"

Mark Zane
mkz...@world.nad.northrop.com