Fed Speak

Paul S R Chisholm

Jun 27, 1995, 3:00:00 AM6/27/95
(From a news conference broadcast as part of the Osgood Files; quoted
from memory.)

Alan Greenspan, chairman of the U.S. Federal Reserve, recently
demonstrated his mastery of what he called "Fed Speak". This is a
language in which it is possible to utter a lot of words without ever
actually saying anything.

At a press conference of some kind, he was asked the following
question, which I present in its entirety:

"Mister Greenspan, are you or do you ever intend to, and if not why
not, and if so how and when?"

Greenspan replied, "Yes and no."

(He later added, "And if you feel I answered the question, I'm
sorry.")

--PSRC

P.S.: Thanks and farewell, Maddie!

--
Selected by Jim Griffith. MAIL your joke to fu...@clari.net.
Attribute the joke's source if at all possible. A Daemon will auto-reply.

Please don't send us requests of the form, "could you please send me the
joke about XXX?" Yes, we have it, but if we were willing to let ourselves be
a joke server we would spend all day doing it. We reject all such requests.