Bohemian heraldry

Kevin Donahue

Feb 24, 1995, 5:41:35 PM2/24/95
Is there anywhere I can write to or look up Bohemian heraldry - Could even
be Austro-hungarian I suppose. I am looking for anything related to the
bohemian family name: KORZINEK/KORZINECK. The family is from
Neuern/NRYSKO, Czech Republic.

Thanks,

Kevin Donahue
aard...@mail.utexas.edu

Your Name Here

Feb 27, 1995, 7:39:14 AM2/27/95

>Is there anywhere I can write to or look up Bohemian heraldry - Could even
>be Austro-hungarian I suppose. I am looking for anything related to the
>bohemian family name: KORZINEK/KORZINECK. The family is from
>Neuern/NRYSKO, Czech Republic.

It looks to me like a Polish name. Czechs spell the same phoneme with an "r",
with a thing on top, e.g. the composer Dvor'ak. "rz" is Polish spelling for
Korzinek , pronounced 'kozhinek" ( the "r is silent).
Tom Sulyok (tsu...@kn.pacbell.com) [NOT auser@!!!]

Anton Sherwood

Mar 3, 1995, 11:49:54 PM3/3/95
Tom Sulyok (tsu...@kn.pacbell.com) [NOT auser@!!!] <au...@kn.pacbell.com> says:
: >Is there anywhere I can write to or look up Bohemian heraldry - Could even

: >be Austro-hungarian I suppose. I am looking for anything related to the
: >bohemian family name: KORZINEK/KORZINECK. The family is from
: >Neuern/NRYSKO, Czech Republic.

: It looks to me like a Polish name. Czechs spell the same phoneme

: with an "r", with a thing on top, e.g. the composer Dvor'ak. . . .

Yeah but I just read (on the LINGUIST mailing list, i think) that the
Czechs, or should I say C^echs, changed from +z forms to haczek forms
recently enough that family names may well be spelt both ways.
--
disclaimer: the above is likely to refer to anecdotal evidence.
Anton Sherwood *\\* +1 415 267 0685 *\\* DAS...@netcom.com