King of Mann - Peerage to be announced

StephenP

Jul 12, 2007, 11:56:51 AM7/12/07
David Howe, self styled King of Mann, is due to announce the award of
a Hereditary Peerage in the first week of July!

http://princeofmann.googlepages.com/news

Yours aye

Stephen

Turenne

Jul 12, 2007, 1:39:55 PM7/12/07
Stephen pointed out:

> http://princeofmann.googlepages.com/news

extract:

>UK Barrister's Opinion: "In short, I do not believe that it is unlawful for Mr Howe to claim to be the King of Man or to >pursue that claim through lawful means". In conclusion, the Barrister fully supported the legal rights of HM King David I >and is the opinion of the highest legal authority in this case.

CROWN NEWS

If indeed Howe obtained a barrister's opinion, and the above was that
opinion, how can he possibly construe that ' the Barrister fully
supported the legal rights of HM King David I.' All Counsel said was
that it was lawful for him to a) *claim* he was King of Mann and b) to
*pursue* his claim by lawful means.

How stupid does Howe think people are?

Richard L

mj...@btinternet.com

Jul 12, 2007, 3:49:56 PM7/12/07

Next time I have a lawsuit, remind me to go to a barrister, the
"highest legal authority", instead of just mucking about with petty
things like the Court of Appeal, House of Lords etc.

Given the drivel on his series of websites about the paramountcy of
Manx law to his "case", it is typically hypocritical of David "Drew"
Howe to rely on *UK* legal advice (the import of which he is, of
course, subverting).

Probably time for another website debunking this money-motivated
foolishness.

MA-R

StephenP

Jul 12, 2007, 4:51:04 PM7/12/07
On Jul 12, 8:49 pm, m...@btinternet.com wrote:

> Probably time for another website debunking this money-motivated
> foolishness.

Time indeed! ;-)

mj...@btinternet.com

Jul 12, 2007, 4:52:48 PM7/12/07

PS just checked my calendar, and it is now the 12th of July. There's
been nothing in the London press about this momentous event. Perhaps
HM has been so busy that the press release hasn't yet hit the streets,
do you think?

PPS I wonder which "Archbishop" crowned him? Would it be cynical of
me to wonder whether HM also claims the right of investiture and has
elevated one of his glazier's apprentices to an archiepiscopal mitre?

Martin Goldstraw

Jul 13, 2007, 10:29:21 AM7/13/07

I rather hope that the recipient of the "peerage" is both aware of the
impending announcement and at the same time very "thick skinned" since
effectively what is to occur is the public announcement that the self
styled king has found and named his first commercial patsy.

Such public humiliation for what might yet be an unwary and ignorant
purchaser signifies that it may well be time indeed for a new web
page ... Andrew!

Regards,
Martin

Martin Goldstraw

Jul 13, 2007, 10:34:49 AM7/13/07
On 13 Jul, 15:29, Martin Goldstraw <heraldryad...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Such public humiliation for what might yet be an unwary and ignorant
> purchaser signifies that it may well be time indeed for a new web
> page ... Andrew!
>
> Regards,
> Martin

My apologies to Michael Andrews-Reading -- Michael, not Andrew!
Foolish of me!

Martin

mj...@btinternet.com

Jul 13, 2007, 10:57:14 AM7/13/07

Oh, I've been called far worse than that!

Cheers, MA-R

StephenP

Jul 13, 2007, 11:21:59 AM7/13/07
I wonder if the recipients are going to be any of the following;

Paul H Dunkley, Viscount of Mergentheim (Noble Titles)
Leonard Francis Thomas Warner, Lord of the Manor of Wappingthorn in
West Sussex (Solicitor to the above)?

Yours aye

Stephen

Jan Böhme

Jul 14, 2007, 4:00:32 AM7/14/07
On 12 Juli, 19:39, Turenne <richard.licht...@virgin.net> wrote:

> How stupid does Howe think people are?

Stupidity is largely dependent on willpower. Anybody who really wants
to believe something usually succeeds, no matter ho absurd the belief
is.

Jan Böhme

Edward

Jul 16, 2007, 12:35:45 AM7/16/07

As of 16 July 2007, the announcement has not appeared. Furthermore,
the announcement of the pending announcement has disappeared. Perhaps
the would-be lord was embarrassed that his name would be made public
and that it would be known that he spent at least GBP 50,000 for a
dubious honour. See: http://www.nobility.co.uk/nobility.htm for the
going price list.

StephenP

Jul 16, 2007, 3:36:40 AM7/16/07
On 16 Jul, 05:35, Edward <edward...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> As of 16 July 2007, the announcement has not appeared. Furthermore,
> the announcement of the pending announcement has disappeared.

Oh!? I hope it wasn't as a result of something we said?

Yours aye

Stephen

Edward

Jul 16, 2007, 10:33:37 PM7/16/07