Short action 30 cal Magnum

John Lazzeroni

Jun 25, 1997, 3:00:00 AM6/25/97

Lazzeroni Arms Co is on the verge of offering to the shooting and
hunting enthusiast one of the most significant advances in cartridge
performance that has taken place in the last 50 years.
The cartridge is our new 7.82(.308) Patriot. It is a short, fat 30
caliber that burns powder more efficiently at lower pressures than I
ever would have dreamed. The reduction in felt recoil is even more
dramatic when you consider the speed of the bullet.
During our initial test firing we listed all performance data at a
maximum pressure of 67,000 psi on our Oehler system 43. There were no
signs of excess pressure at all until we reached a pressure of 78,000
psi. We are now building a transducer equipped pressure barrel to
establish our reference ammo.
The Patriot case is a beltless case that headspaces on it's
shoulder. The base and rim diameters are .580, the shoulder diameter is
.560, the brass length is 2.050 and the O.A.L. is 2.790.
The patriot case has a water capacity of 81 grains. This compares to
the 300 win mag's water capacity of 89 grains. The test rifle barrel was
ONLY 24" long with a one in twelve twist.
Never before has this kind of ballistic performance been offered in
a short action rifle.

Test barrel length: 24" Twist: 1 in 12
All velocities at 67,000 psi Loaded O.A.L 2.790

Bullet type and weight Muzzle velocity

150 gr Nosler B/Tip 3307 fps
165 gr Nosler B/Tip 3152 fps
180 gr Nosler Partition 3084 fps
200 gr Nosler Partition 2943 fps
220 gr Nosler partition 2788 fps

Lazzeroni Arms Co will be offering a 6lb 14oz short action rifle,
loaded ammo, brass cases and reloading dies by the end of September
1997.
For more information and a complete literature package on the
entire Lazzeroni line of products, give us a call at 520-577-7500 or
E-mail us at ar...@lazzeroni.com The Patriot information will be on our
website in a few weeks....Thankyou for your interest....John Lazzeroni

--
http://www.lazzeroni.com jo...@lazzeroni.com