Help ! How to get rid of golfers

已查看 4 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

Binh Pham

未读,
1995年7月6日 03:00:001995/7/6
收件人
My backyard is being ravaged by a golfer ! Is there an easy way
to chase it away without having to gas it ?
I am using a trap right now and have no luck with it.

Thanks,
-Binh

Kathleen Jacobs

未读,
1995年7月6日 03:00:001995/7/6
收件人
Binh Pham (bi...@Eng.Sun.COM) wrote:
: My backyard is being ravaged by a golfer ! Is there an easy way

: to chase it away without having to gas it ?
: I am using a trap right now and have no luck with it.

Are you sure you don't mean GOPHER? I think if you gas a golfer you are
going to have alot of people at the country club preeeeeettttty upset!
It will really hurt their memberships!

--
Cascara Sagrada

naz...@mail.azstartnet.com

未读,
1995年7月6日 03:00:001995/7/6
收件人
In article <3thr14$7...@engnews2.Eng.Sun.COM>, bi...@Eng.Sun.COM wrote:

> My backyard is being ravaged by a golfer ! Is there an easy way
> to chase it away without having to gas it ?
> I am using a trap right now and have no luck with it.
>

> Thanks,
> -Binh

You do mean gopher, right? I have gopher problems too. My neighbor puts
out traps, two to a hole and says it works. I have not tried the traps,
got as far as buying them, but I have dogs and I just cant watch them all
the time.

What I do is use raised beds a lot, large pots and place "chicken wire"
around areas that I do plant directly into the ground. I dont know if
this is always the case, but gophers do not seem to damage the larger
plants and trees.

Travis Saling

未读,
1995年7月6日 03:00:001995/7/6
收件人

Well, get rid of the trap! That's your problem!

Being a golfer myself, I can tell you that golf balls have a great
affinity for traps; and where you find golf balls, the golfer isn't
far behind!

Travis S. -- is thoroughly enjoying himself today

Don R. Stephens

未读,
1995年7月6日 03:00:001995/7/6
收件人

In article <3thr14$7...@engnews2.Eng.Sun.COM> (rec.gardens), bi...@Eng.Sun.COM (Binh Pham) writes:
>My backyard is being ravaged by a golfer ! Is there an easy way
>to chase it away without having to gas it ?
>I am using a trap right now and have no luck with it.
>
>Thanks,
>-Binh
*****************************

Pretend the incoming ball is a clay pigeon and shoot it with your
12 gauge. WHAT FUN!

-------------------------------------
Don R. Stephens d...@tiller.eris.org

Gary W. Ashley

未读,
1995年7月6日 03:00:001995/7/6
收件人
In article <DBBwx...@nntpa.cb.att.com>, d...@cbddo2.cb.att.com
(D416B/Dave Daulton/X4410/D/B) wrote:

> In article <3thr14$7...@engnews2.eng.sun.com>,

> Binh Pham <bi...@Eng.Sun.COM> wrote:
> >My backyard is being ravaged by a golfer ! Is there an easy way
> >to chase it away without having to gas it ?
> >I am using a trap right now and have no luck with it.
> >
> >Thanks,
> >-Binh
> >

> Try putting beer in the trap. Works for slugs too.
>
> Dave Daulton, Columbus, Ohio`

You could also try revoking their club memberships...

Gary

D416B/Dave Daulton/X4410/D/B

未读,
1995年7月7日 03:00:001995/7/7
收件人

Elizabeth Vance

未读,
1995年7月7日 03:00:001995/7/7
收件人
: Binh Pham (bi...@Eng.Sun.COM) wrote:
: : My backyard is being ravaged by a golfer ! Is there an easy way
: : to chase it away without having to gas it ?
: : I am using a trap right now and have no luck with it.

Are you sure you're using the right kind of trap? Try using one with a
silly hat on top, perhaps a pastel middle, and a red and green plaid
base.

Dan Baldwin

未读,
1995年7月7日 03:00:001995/7/7
收件人
The most humane way is to build sand traps using quicksand. The golfers
ball doesn't sink, but when he enters the trap to hit it---------
Good Luck !

In article <3thr14$7...@engnews2.Eng.Sun.COM>, bi...@Eng.Sun.COM (Binh Pham) writes:
|> My backyard is being ravaged by a golfer ! Is there an easy way
|> to chase it away without having to gas it ?
|> I am using a trap right now and have no luck with it.
|>

|> Thanks,
|> -Binh

Kathleen Jacobs

未读,
1995年7月7日 03:00:001995/7/7
收件人
I think this has been the most fun I have had on the NET yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
--
Cascara Sagrada

Sonya Reid

未读,
1995年7月7日 03:00:001995/7/7
收件人
Kathleen Jacobs (kja...@freenet.columbus.oh.us) wrote:
: I think this has been the most fun I have had on the NET yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
: --
: Cascara Sagrada

Me too!

Sonya Reid

Waldek Trafidlo

未读,
1995年7月7日 03:00:001995/7/7
收件人
Binh Pham (bi...@Eng.Sun.COM) wrote:
: My backyard is being ravaged by a golfer ! Is there an easy way

: to chase it away without having to gas it ?
: I am using a trap right now and have no luck with it.

Here in Canada we keep golfers confined to golf courses by using a chain
link fence. The few who get loose are easily chased away with a water hose.
Trapping or gassing them may not be a good idea as it will get the
police involved and they will come stomping all over your garden and
really ruin your crops.-:)
wt

m...@en.com

未读,
1995年7月7日 03:00:001995/7/7
收件人

>Are you sure you don't mean GOPHER? I think if you gas a golfer you are
>going to have alot of people at the country club preeeeeettttty upset!
>It will really hurt their memberships!
>
>--
>Cascara Sagrada

You read this newsgroup too????

Michelle/Shane

John P Willoughby

未读,
1995年7月7日 03:00:001995/7/7
收件人
Come now. We don't want to get these golphers 'teed off' now do we?

;-)

Waldek Trafidlo (bo...@freenet.vancouver.bc.ca) wrote:

James Lewis

未读,
1995年7月7日 03:00:001995/7/7
收件人
Gary W. Ashley (g_as...@holonet.net) wrote:
: In article <DBBwx...@nntpa.cb.att.com>, d...@cbddo2.cb.att.com
: (D416B/Dave Daulton/X4410/D/B) wrote:

: > In article <3thr14$7...@engnews2.eng.sun.com>,

: > Binh Pham <bi...@Eng.Sun.COM> wrote:
: > >My backyard is being ravaged by a golfer ! Is there an easy way
: > >to chase it away without having to gas it ?
: > >I am using a trap right now and have no luck with it.
: > >

: > >Thanks,

: > >-Binh
: > >
: > >
: >
: > Try putting beer in the trap. Works for slugs too.
: >
: > Dave Daulton, Columbus, Ohio`

: You could also try revoking their club memberships...

: Gary

No, no, no, no . . . he means the Volkswagen type! They don't get the
same gas mileage their old beetles did--but then, beetles have their
own problems.
--
Jim Lewis - jk...@freenet.scri.fsu.edu
. . . Without ecology . . . there would _be_ no economy.

Stephen LaMantia

未读,
1995年7月8日 03:00:001995/7/8
收件人
bi...@Eng.Sun.COM (Binh Pham) writes:

>My backyard is being ravaged by a golfer ! Is there an easy way
>to chase it away without having to gas it ?
>I am using a trap right now and have no luck with it.

>Thanks,
>-Binh

Chao anh Binh!

Cha('c anh bie^'t ta^'t ca? mo+.i ngu+o+`i chi? noi' ddu`a, la` vi` anh
dda~ noi' "golfer", kho^ng noi' "gopher". Ne^u' ahn chu+a bie^'t, thi`
golfer la` ngu+o+`i la`m lo^'i cho+i go^n, va` gopher la` mo^.t loa`i
ga^.m nha^'m o+? My~. Trong vu+o+`n co' nhie^`u thu' ru+`ng thu`, va`
ba^y gio+` ca'c ngu+o+`i la`m vu+o+`n cu~ng pha?i lo ve^? golfers! Tro+`
o+i! Hi hi hi! :-)

But here in the Pacific Northwest, baseball is more our thing, since our
gardens are often home to so many sluggers! ;-)

-- Anh Steve LaMantia
Seattle, WA

JONES

未读,
1995年7月8日 03:00:001995/7/8
收件人
Elizabeth Vance (epo...@osf1.gmu.edu) wrote:
: : Binh Pham (bi...@Eng.Sun.COM) wrote:
: : : My backyard is being ravaged by a golfer ! Is there an easy way

: : : to chase it away without having to gas it ?
: : : I am using a trap right now and have no luck with it.
:
:
: Are you sure you're using the right kind of trap? Try using one with a

: silly hat on top, perhaps a pastel middle, and a red and green plaid
: base.
:

Gee, here in Nebraska, sand traps work pretty well!:
--
Robin

Robin Z. Jones, gardening her blues away and fighting mildew in Zone 5.

PLR8551

未读,
1995年7月8日 03:00:001995/7/8
收件人
: : Binh Pham (bi...@Eng.Sun.COM) wrote:
: : : My backyard is being ravaged by a golfer !

I feel guilty for having so much fun with this thread, but I was laughing
so hard my family was concerned for my life! I copied it to print out and
share at work. Thanks!

Pat Ryan in CA

Myra Amler

未读,
1995年7月9日 03:00:001995/7/9
收件人
In article <3thr14$7...@engnews2.Eng.Sun.COM> bi...@Eng.Sun.COM (Binh Pham) writes:
>From: bi...@Eng.Sun.COM (Binh Pham)
>Subject: Help ! How to get rid of golfers
>Date: 6 Jul 1995 23:19:00 GMT

>My backyard is being ravaged by a golfer ! Is there an easy way
>to chase it away without having to gas it ?

>Thanks,
>-Binh

Well, you can either:

1. Raise the greens fees
2. Close the 19th hole
3. Put in several water hazards

I bet #2 will work like a charm!

Myra
as4603...@sunbelt.net

JONES

未读,
1995年7月10日 03:00:001995/7/10
收件人
PLR8551 (plr...@aol.com) wrote:
: : : Binh Pham (bi...@Eng.Sun.COM) wrote:
: : : : My backyard is being ravaged by a golfer !
:
: I feel guilty for having so much fun with this thread, but I was laughing

: so hard my family was concerned for my life! I copied it to print out and
: share at work. Thanks!
:
: Pat Ryan in CA

I too, feel guilty ( and have been giggling). Now can someone please help
Binh with his gopher problem?

Kathleen Jacobs

未读,
1995年7月10日 03:00:001995/7/10
收件人

: I too, feel guilty ( and have been giggling). Now can someone please help
: Binh with his gopher problem?
: --

Robin, I think someone had communicated that in their language.There is
another thread on gopher problems, but i still prefer to terminate the
golfers. It's much more fun! ( with no disrespect to the very innocent
error. )
--
Cascara Sagrada

Harry Boswell

未读,
1995年7月10日 03:00:001995/7/10
收件人
Actually, I think just threatening to certify their scorecards will work
quite well...

--
Harry Boswell hbos...@ICchip.wes.army.mil
Information Technology Laboratory

Gus F. Kilthau

未读,
1995年7月11日 03:00:001995/7/11
收件人
In article <3tq3o0$9...@s-cwis.unomaha.edu>,

JONES <rjo...@s-cwis.unomaha.edu> wrote:
>PLR8551 (plr...@aol.com) wrote:
>: : : Binh Pham (bi...@Eng.Sun.COM) wrote:
>: : : : My backyard is being ravaged by a golfer !
>:
>: I feel guilty for having so much fun with this thread, but I was laughing
>: so hard my family was concerned for my life! I copied it to print out and
>: share at work. Thanks!
>:
>: Pat Ryan in CA
>
>I too, feel guilty ( and have been giggling). Now can someone please help
>Binh with his gopher problem?
>--
>Robin
>
>Robin Z. Jones, gardening her blues away and fighting mildew in Zone 5.

Binh Pham... Why, oh why, are these nice people teasing you about your
garden being ravaged by a golfer? We had that same problem over here,
but there were dozens of golfers involved. They crashed on through
our garden, swinging their clubs as though they were harvesting
wheat. Down went the tomato plants. As soon as those golfers saw
round, red tomatoes on the ground, they swung their clubs on them,
making a gooey mess out of the whole yard. We finally found out how
to get rid of those golfers. We planted poison ivy plants and put
a sign out in front of the house. It said, "Golfers Welcome - Come
Try Your Skills in Our Garden!"

Golfers are pests, but you can get rid of them if you use your wits!

Gus... in Houston where golfers gopher gardens!

Dr. Milton C. Wikstrom

未读,
1995年7月11日 03:00:001995/7/11
收件人

In article <g_ashley-060...@157.151.130.27>, g_as...@holonet.net (Gary W. Ashley) writes:
|> In article <DBBwx...@nntpa.cb.att.com>, d...@cbddo2.cb.att.com
|> (D416B/Dave Daulton/X4410/D/B) wrote:

|> > Try putting beer in the trap. Works for slugs too.
|> >
|> > Dave Daulton, Columbus, Ohio`
|>
|> You could also try revoking their club memberships...
|>
|> Gary

Is it a sand trap or a water trap??? :)

But seriously, I haven't actually tried this but a suggestion from
Iowa Public Television is to dig a hole down to one of their runs
and put a combination of lemon-scented dish soap and human hair in
it. Supposedly, the hair acts like an itching powder and the lemon
scent is offensive to their little noses. These take effect when
the rodents clear out their run.

You can find where to dig by stepping in your grass/garden until you
find a spot that sinks down. Good luck.

mcw
* The above view is my own and not necessarily that of Wartburg College *
* or Ames Laboratory DOE. Of course, it SHOULD be their view! *
* *
* Milton C. Wikstrom, PhD Summer 1995: *
* Dept of Math/Computer Science 236 Wilhelm Hall *
* 212 Becker Hall Ames Lab, DOE *
* Wartburg College Iowa State University *
* Waverly, IA 50677-1003 Ames, IA 50011-3020 *
* *
* 1-319-352-8360 1-515-294-9469 *
* 1-319-352-8582 (FAX) 1-515-294-4491 (FAX) *
* wiks...@inet.wartburg.edu wiks...@scl.ameslab.gov *
* *

Async User

未读,
1995年7月12日 03:00:001995/7/12
收件人
Myra Amler (as4603...@SunBelt.Net) wrote:

: In article <3thr14$7...@engnews2.Eng.Sun.COM> bi...@Eng.Sun.COM (Binh Pham) writes:
: >From: bi...@Eng.Sun.COM (Binh Pham)
: >Subject: Help ! How to get rid of golfers
: >Date: 6 Jul 1995 23:19:00 GMT

: >My backyard is being ravaged by a golfer ! Is there an easy way

: >to chase it away without having to gas it ?

: >Thanks,
: >-Binh

I too thought this is very funny!!!! humorous etc but to explain
what is so funny : Binh, a gopher is and animal that digs in gardens, a
golfer is a person who plays the game of golf. A golfer while trying to
hit a ball on the ground sometimes digs holes with his golf clubs. For
getting rid of a gopher I would try putting mothballs down the holes(
lots of mothballs) and covering the holes with a stone or something like
that.. 8-) a...@epix.net

P. Dutta

未读,
1995年7月12日 03:00:001995/7/12
收件人
says...

>My backyard is being ravaged by a golfer ! Is there an easy way
>to chase it away without having to gas it ?
>I am using a trap right now and have no luck with it.
>
>Thanks,
>-Binh

Binh---are you using a spell-checker? You have to be careful with
spell-checkers: they will take incorrectly spelled words even if the
meaning is clear, and replace them with words that are correctly spelled but
otherwise (ahem) inappropriate.

Dan Sullivan

未读,
1995年7月12日 03:00:001995/7/12
收件人
In article <g_ashley-060...@157.151.130.27>, g_as...@holonet.net (Gary W. Ashley) says:

>In article <DBBwx...@nntpa.cb.att.com>, d...@cbddo2.cb.att.com
>(D416B/Dave Daulton/X4410/D/B) wrote:
>
>> In article <3thr14$7...@engnews2.eng.sun.com>,
>> Binh Pham <bi...@Eng.Sun.COM> wrote:
>> >My backyard is being ravaged by a golfer ! Is there an easy way
>> >to chase it away without having to gas it ?
>> >I am using a trap right now and have no luck with it.
>> >
>> >Thanks,
>> >-Binh
>> >

>> Try putting beer in the trap. Works for slugs too.
>>
>> Dave Daulton, Columbus, Ohio`
>
>You could also try revoking their club memberships...
>
>Gary

All right, let's not get caddy

John A. Stanley

未读,
1995年7月12日 03:00:001995/7/12
收件人
In article <3u0v3d$7...@news.acns.nwu.edu>, p-d...@nwu.edu (P. Dutta) wrote:
> In article <3thr14$7...@engnews2.Eng.Sun.COM>, bi...@Eng.Sun.COM
> says...
> >
> >My backyard is being ravaged by a golfer ! Is there an easy way
> >to chase it away without having to gas it ?
> >I am using a trap right now and have no luck with it.
> >
> >Thanks,
> >-Binh
>
> Binh---are you using a spell-checker? You have to be careful with
> spell-checkers: they will take incorrectly spelled words even if the
> meaning is clear, and replace them with words that are correctly spelled but
> otherwise (ahem) inappropriate.

Dew knot trussed yore spell checker two ketch awl mistakes.

--
John A. Stanley jsta...@gate.net
Winter: USDA zone 9

John Woodworth

未读,
1995年7月13日 03:00:001995/7/13
收件人
moo...@magi.com (Rick Gebethner) wrote:
>In article <3tkeee$8...@freenet3.scri.fsu.edu>, jk...@freenet3.scri.fsu.edu
>says...

>>Gary W. Ashley (g_as...@holonet.net) wrote:
>>: In article <DBBwx...@nntpa.cb.att.com>, d...@cbddo2.cb.att.com

>>: (D416B/Dave Daulton/X4410/D/B) wrote:
>>
>>: > In article <3thr14$7...@engnews2.eng.sun.com>,
>>: > Binh Pham <bi...@Eng.Sun.COM> wrote:
>>: > >My backyard is being ravaged by a golfer ! Is there an easy way

>>: > >to chase it away without having to gas it ?
>>: > >I am using a trap right now and have no luck with it.
>>: > >
>>: > >Thanks,
>>: > >-Binh
>>: > >
>>: > >
>>: >
>>: > Try putting beer in the trap. Works for slugs too.

>>: >
>>: > Dave Daulton, Columbus, Ohio`
>>
>>: You could also try revoking their club memberships...
>>
>>: Gary
>>
>>No, no, no, no . . . he means the Volkswagen type! They don't get the
>>same gas mileage their old beetles did--but then, beetles have their
>>own problems.
>>--
>>Jim Lewis - jk...@freenet.scri.fsu.edu
>> . . . Without ecology . . . there would _be_ no economy.
>>

>I heard somewhere - I think in this newsgroup - that mothballs get rid of
>golfers...something about putting them in their beer...or was it putting
>slugs in their beer.

No, you put the mothballs in their golf bags. When they attempt to use them for
teeing off, they become frustrated with the results. After a while they are
discouraged and leave your green alone.
--

John

"The aristocracy of intellect admits nothing of democracy"

-- Robertson Davies

Anthony Wallis

未读,
1995年7月13日 03:00:001995/7/13
收件人
>>> Try putting beer in the trap. Works for slugs too.
>> You could also try revoking their club memberships...
> All right, let's not get caddy.

Please stop this pun thread immediately ! Or is such humour par
for the course in this group ?

--
to...@nexus.yorku.ca = Tony Wallis, York University, North York, Canada.

Stephen LaMantia

未读,
1995年7月13日 03:00:001995/7/13
收件人
to...@nexus.yorku.ca (Anthony Wallis) writes:

>>> You could also try revoking their club memberships...
>> All right, let's not get caddy.

>Please stop this pun thread immediately ! Or is such humour par
>for the course in this group ?

Depends on whether you consider humor a fairway to handle adversity, or a
handicap.

-- Steve LaMantia
Seattle, WA [and that's no lie]

Elizabeth H

未读,
1995年7月13日 03:00:001995/7/13
收件人
Now, wait a minute, golfers too have a right to be here. Don't hound them
from your yard. Learn to appreciate and enjoy their unique coloration and
strange behavior patterns. Set up various "hazards" in your yard and watch
them work their way through. Entertain and amaze your friends with their
antics. Take photos! One word of caution, however, don't mess with those
usually white, dimpled things that look like their eggs. They get real testy
about it. My boss, who is an avid golfer lover, says try giving them Folgers
in hot water, this can keep them in one spot for a while. Meanwhile, let them
play through!

Betsy H.

Rick Gebethner

未读,
1995年7月13日 03:00:001995/7/13
收件人

--
Visit the MoonOwl Web for a tour of 'Garden in Time'
flower garden design software

RGyure

未读,
1995年7月14日 03:00:001995/7/14
收件人
moo...@magi.com writes:
> >: > In article <3thr14$7...@engnews2.eng.sun.com>,
> >: > Binh Pham <bi...@Eng.Sun.COM> wrote:
> >: > >My backyard is being ravaged by a golfer ! Is there an easy way
> >: > >to chase it away without having to gas it ?
> >: > >I am using a trap right now and have no luck with it.
> >: > >
> >: > >Thanks,
> >: > >-Binh

Bess Haile (still chuckling in her zone 7 garden in hot, humid, sticky
upper tidewater VA) wrote:

::Oh Binh! Thank you for the best laugh. It's just the kind of
::typo/spelling error I'd make and it made my day!

Ditto! I have enjoyed this thread immensely (in a kind way-- I, like
everyone else, see the innocence of this charming typo)-- shared it with
friends-- and decided that my gardening newsgroup takes first place for
having folks with a gentle sense of humor-- I do appreciate it. (Some
other newsgroups get the golden fleece award for "largest number of
pompous and humorless posts...")

Ruth Gyure

Bess Haile

未读,
1995年7月14日 03:00:001995/7/14
收件人
moo...@magi.com writes:
> >: > In article <3thr14$7...@engnews2.eng.sun.com>,
> >: > Binh Pham <bi...@Eng.Sun.COM> wrote:
> >: > >My backyard is being ravaged by a golfer ! Is there an easy way
> >: > >to chase it away without having to gas it ?
> >: > >I am using a trap right now and have no luck with it.
> >: > >
> >: > >Thanks,
> >: > >-Binh

Oh Binh! Thank you for the best laugh. It's just the kind of
typo/spelling error I'd make and it made my day!

Bess Haile,

Stephen LaMantia

未读,
1995年7月15日 03:00:001995/7/15
收件人
rgy...@aol.com (Ruth Gyure) writes:

> [some recapitulation of the ravaging golpher thread, deleted]

>Ditto! I have enjoyed this thread immensely (in a kind way-- I, like
>everyone else, see the innocence of this charming typo)-- shared it with
>friends-- and decided that my gardening newsgroup takes first place for
>having folks with a gentle sense of humor-- I do appreciate it. (Some
>other newsgroups get the golden fleece award for "largest number of
>pompous and humorless posts...")

Well now, Ruth, don't leave us in suspense; tell us, tell us, what groups
are *those*? Some of us could sneak on over, drop a few stinkbombs in
their midst, and run on out before they go off. :-)

Diveanddig

未读,
1995年7月15日 03:00:001995/7/15
收件人
Let the grass grow real tall. If they cain't find their balls, they won't
come back.

Don R. Stephens

未读,
1995年7月15日 03:00:001995/7/15
收件人

In article <3u95b7$g...@newsbf02.news.aol.com> (rec.gardens), divea...@aol.com (Diveanddig) writes:
>Let the grass grow real tall. If they cain't find their balls, they won't
>come back.
**************
Get yourself a Mint Julip; sit on your back porch with your 12 gauge; when
their balls come over the fence shoot them......... What fun, a skeet range...

-------------------------------------
Don R. Stephens d...@tiller.eris.org

Ernest J. Pennington

未读,
1995年7月17日 03:00:001995/7/17
收件人 all
The other solutions I guess would be not to live next to a golf course.

--
Joe Pennington
jo...@reol.com

Ernest J. Pennington

未读,
1995年7月17日 03:00:001995/7/17
收件人

Egglplant

未读,
1995年7月21日 03:00:001995/7/21
收件人
If you mean gophers, we have been collecting various suggestions:
- put peanut butter bread down the holes, they will suffocate on it
- line the beds with hardware cloth-probably the most effective
- get some cats

Good luck,
Brenda
Three Rivers

Lynsey Gedye

未读,
1995年7月22日 03:00:001995/7/22
收件人
> In article <3thr14$7...@engnews2.eng.sun.com>,
> Binh Pham <bi...@Eng.Sun.COM> wrote:
>My backyard is being ravaged by a golfer ! Is there an easy way
>to chase it away without having to gas it ?

Here's a subtle and gardeningy way of provoking action from a
golfer...

My brother-in-law (actually, a cherub of a guy) decided that a golf
game would be good for us male-bonding stuff and away we went.
I've never played golf but figure it's an excuse for the great
outdoors and an opportunity to suss out new fishing spots so let's
go for it. 2/3'ds away around I'm near death for boredom and leap
over a fence into a forest "helping" to find a missing golf ball.
(Like actually care =:)

What I find instead is about 5-6 tiny, beautiful bird's nests,
in really good condition, on the ground. "Cool", I think, "My sister
who's a dried flower, handy-craft type of person will love these!"

My bro-in-law agrees and we put the lovely little nests in his
golf bag, along with his pullover.

After finishing the game, bro-in-law puts on his pullover. 15 minutes
later he's writhing and twitching. 5 minutes later it's nearer
berserk. Seems the mites that normally live on baby birds had
infested the nests, then moved to the pullover, thence to my bro...

Several showers/shampoos later... I'm still protesting my innocence
to this day, and strangely, I haven't been invited to golf since.
If ever the topic is raised my bro-in-law still insists he can feel
the mites crawling on him; and maybe, if you've ever had a similar
experience, that twitch and tickle on your back is still with you too
even as you read...
--
ly...@wanganui.gen.nz
Hey, Chirac, if your bomb's so safe,

jeff...@stage.com

未读,
1995年7月22日 03:00:001995/7/22
收件人

The baby bird's mite story is too funny. =)

CVerschoor

未读,
1995年7月26日 03:00:001995/7/26
收件人
After having 'those pesky critters' buy the property next to where I had
my horses at {and mind you, getting hit with one of thier "eggs'} I find
the word "Lawyer" along with "Lawsuit"in the same sentence works the

CVerschoor @
AOL.COM

0 个新帖子