Arizona Gardens

CWilde

Nov 15, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/15/00
Arizona is absolutely beautiful and so varied, where are you going? Off the
top of my head, I'd recommend the formal botanical garden in Phoenix and
checking out the old section of Japanese fresh flower growers, in Tucson -
the Desert Museum and there's some pretty nice peach and pecan groves,
Sedona, Lake Havasu, the Grand Canyon, the White Mountains have some really
pretty places, and on and on.

Carlotta

"lyn" <ly...@mediaone.net> wrote in message
> Hello Everyone:
> I am planning a May, 2001 trip to Arizona for 15 days, and am so
> interested in visiting good gardens, and hopefully learning more about
> gardening out there! I am near Boston...so the climate is so different.
>
> Can anyone suggest good places to visit, people to correspond with to
> plan and carry out good garden visiting?
> Thanks, Lyn

lyn

Nov 15, 2000, 9:05:39 PM11/15/00

MLEBLANCA

Nov 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/16/00

Here are a few
Arboretum of Flagstaff, Woody Mtn Road, Flagstaff (774-1441)
10 acres, native plants of AZ
Arizona Sonora Desert Museum,N. Kinney Road, Tucson, (883-2702)
demo gardens of desert plants, live animal exhibits (really great place)
Boyce Thompson Arboretum, Hwy 60, E. of Phoenix, (689-2811)
demo gardens, nature trails,
Desert Botanical Garden, N. Galvin Pkwy, Phoenix (941-1225)
landscaped grounds plants of Sonoran desert, others countries,
(Mex, Aust) trails, cacti
Tucson Botanical Garden, N. Alverton Way, Tucson (326-9255)
garden ideas, birds, sensory, wildflower, etc. (very nice)
most are open daily, I think, Tel nos. are area code 602

Have a good trip
Emilie
NorCal

olin

Nov 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/16/00
Desert Botanical Garden, http://www.dbg.org/
Boyce Thompson Southwestern Arboretum, http://ag.arizona.edu/BTA/
Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum, 2021 N Kinney Road, Tucson, 520-883-1380
Organpipe Cactus National Monument, http://www.nps.gov/orpi/

There are also a few garden tours. Check
http://aquinas.agforbes.arizona.edu/garden/
before your trip.

Olin
millero@wotldnet,att,net>

"lyn" <ly...@mediaone.net> wrote in message

Alan Zelhart

Nov 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/16/00
to ly...@mediaone.net
My favorite of all these is the Boyce Thompson Arboretum. I could and do spend
entire days there. Absolutely wonderful. I have not been to the Tucson Botanical
Garden. The Boyce Thompson Arobretum does have a website you can check out. The
address is:

http://arboretum.ag.arizona.edu/

Admission is $5.

I have a couple of pictures on my website as well. Go to:

http://members.home.net/gizmoaz/~gizmoaz.htm

and then select Julie and Alan's Trip to the Boyce Thompson Arboretum. You did
not say specifically where in Arizona you were going...but have fun! :)

Alan

--
Motorola Semiconductor Products Sector

R. Alan Zelhart
CAD Software Asset Management
2100 East Elliot Road; Mail Drop EL714
Tempe, Arizona 85284
Sunset Zone: 13 - Metro Phoenix

Work Phone: (480) 413-3470
Home Phone: (480) 699-3977
Cell Phone: (602) 692-4037
Pager: (888) 996-9501
Fax: (480) 413-5723

"You can't create a reputation you haven't earned"
--Robert W. Galvin

CWilde

Nov 17, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/17/00
LOL, I really do approve of the theory that you try to get your kids to live
in places you at least want to vacation, they're kinda used to being taken
to alternative locations anyways. Thanks for the additional suggestions,
dreaming of March in AZ.

Carlotta