Xtank 1.3f is released

Kurt J. Lidl

Sep 14, 1992, 12:50:49 AM9/14/92
The latest version of Xtank is now available for anonymous ftp from
both azathoth.sura.net and from ftp.eng.umd.edu.

(The first site listed is better connected and faster than the 3/60 that
is ftp.eng.umd.edu. Azathoth is a DECstation 5000 that has over twice
as much memory, and much faster disk drives. You probably want to snarf
your copy from there, but what the hey, *I* don't care, really.)

If you get this distribution, make sure you read both the README
file and the Help/xtank.FAQ file.

New features:

* support for 386BSD threading.
No support for dynamic loading yet, but we are working on it.

* modificiation to the robot "shooter" to bring it up to speed with
4 turret'd vehicles

* more and better RDF/TACLINK work from Aaron Eastlund

* removal of old code that wasn't ever getting defined, as part
of our code cleanup activities

* Imakefile file reorganization, tweaking of some compiler flags
on suns, hp's. Not widely tested.

* re-arranged console layout, to better handle working on screens
of size 1024x768

-Kurt
--
/* Kurt J. Lidl (li...@pix.com) | Unix is the answer, but only if you */
/* UUCP: uunet!mimsy!pixcom!lidl | phrase the question very carefully. */

Josh Osborne

Sep 14, 1992, 8:49:33 AM9/14/92
In article <BuJxG...@pix.com> li...@pix.com (Kurt J. Lidl) writes:
[...]
>New features:
It's not like Kurt to forget things, but he did.

* Force Specials, you can now force all tanks in a game to have, or
not to have any specials you want.

* New game: madman, sort of combat with a disc. You get points for
killing only if you have the disc, or kill the tank with the disc.
Not very fun for two players :-)

* Something else, that I forget.
--
str...@pix.com "Security for Unix is like