NEO GEO

Jim Sather

Dec 11, 1990, 2:33:10 PM12/11/90

I went to two local taverns last night and at each saw a stand up coin-op
NEO GEO machine that implemented a play choice system similar to nintendo
but I believe it only had four games. Is this the NEO GEO that I've
heard so much about on the net? I think I remember hearing that the NEO
GEO was a stand up machine that costs in the $400-$500 range and game
cards run about $100. Is this the same machine or do they make a completely
different home system which is unlike the arcade system. If they are one
in the same, where do I get one? Do they come with the coin-op package?
Who sells the game cards? etc...

Thanks

-Jim
ji...@blake.u.washington.edu

Thomas Rockwell

Dec 11, 1990, 8:26:30 PM12/11/90

NEO-GEO news!!!! A local store here in town is selling NEOGEO gold system
for 599!! it includes the system, two controlers, and your choice of Nam75 or
Baseball Stars! They sell carts for anywhere between 179-249 new and even used ones.... Ha... used neo-geo carts... as cheap as 149! They will make you
deals as well... I got my Turbo CD player for 179! Cheap!!! If you just want
the system its like 399 or something... They are pushing it all over campus
here..... Leave email if ya want thier number... Best thing about'em is that they will take the time to make you an offer and deal with you... I tired of
pushing people to get things... Like this Turbo Express thing... I've tried
everywhere and I keep getting the "ship us the money, send it right out to ya"
ya right...

tom... Ps. NEO's are nice.... CyberLip should be interesting...