What to get? (Lynx)

Jason Glor

Sep 13, 1991, 3:31:19 AM9/13/91
ok. I NEED another Lynx game. Which one should I get?

Warbirds?
Ninja Gaiden?
A.P.B.?

Or should I wait a little while for some new releases?

Help me out here guys...

P.S. Since I don't have any friends who have Lynx's multi-player
options (a la Warbirds) really don't mean diddly to me.

--
| In the beginning the Universe was
Jason Glor | created. This has made a lot of
jg...@sdcc13.ucsd.edu | people angry and been widely
| regarded as a bad move.

Bill Marrs

Sep 14, 1991, 8:02:44 AM9/14/91
jg...@sdcc13.ucsd.edu (Jason Glor) writes:
>ok. I NEED another Lynx game. Which one should I get?
>
>Warbirds?
My second favorite game (second to xenophobe)

>Or should I wait a little while for some new releases?
I am waiting for cyberball.

>P.S. Since I don't have any friends who have Lynx's multi-player
>options (a la Warbirds) really don't mean diddly to me.

Convince your friends to buy one! I know they are poor or just lame, but
lets face it, the world would be a much better place if everyone had a Lynx.

Robert A. Jung

Sep 14, 1991, 10:25:40 AM9/14/91
In article <1991Sep14.1...@wpi.WPI.EDU> bi...@wpi.WPI.EDU (Bill Marrs) writes:
>jg...@sdcc13.ucsd.edu (Jason Glor) writes:
>>ok. I NEED another Lynx game. Which one should I get?
>>
>>Warbirds?
> My second favorite game (second to xenophobe)

WARBIRDS is a really way cool game, but if you can't get together with other
Lynx owners SOMETIMES, it loses a little of its edge.

Recommending what game you should get is tricky. A lot of it depends on what
types of games you enjoy in the first place. Here's my suggestion, based on
what your tastes are:

Category: Recommendation
Arcade-action: ROADBLASTERS, BLUE LIGHTNING

Shooters: GATES OF ZENDOCON, ZARLOR MERCENARY

Puzzle/Strategy: CHIP'S CHALLENGE, FIDELITY CHESS

Adventure/Explore: SLIME WORLD, or wait a bit (VIKING CHILD?)

Miscellaneous: KLAX, MS. PAC-MAN

>>Or should I wait a little while for some new releases?
>
>I am waiting for cyberball.

One game that is definetely worth grabbing when it comes out is CHECKERED
FLAG. At least, I've got my copies reserved already... B-)

>>P.S. Since I don't have any friends who have Lynx's multi-player
>>options (a la Warbirds) really don't mean diddly to me.
>
>Convince your friends to buy one! I know they are poor or just lame, but
>lets face it, the world would be a much better place if everyone had a Lynx.

The scary thing is, six months ago I would have written this, and everyone
else would dismiss it as "yet another drooling Lynx fanboy post from Rob".
Nice to see that the net.lynx.population is going up.

--R.J.,
Lynxer since '89
B-)

//////////////////////////////////////|\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
Send whatevers to rj...@usc.edu | If it has pixels, I'm for it.
--------------------------------------+------------------------------Lynx up!
"If it moves, shoot it. If it doesn't move, shoot it anyway."

Len Stys

Sep 14, 1991, 10:17:34 PM9/14/91

In a previous article, rj...@aludra.usc.edu (Robert A. Jung) says:

>>lets face it, the world would be a much better place if everyone had a Lynx.

> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
> The scary thing is, six months ago I would have written this, and everyone
>else would dismiss it as "yet another drooling Lynx fanboy post from Rob".
>Nice to see that the net.lynx.population is going up.

If you are an Atari fan, you may wish the Lynx success.

Atari's computers seem to be slipping and that was the main income
of Atari for a long time.

And since Atari doesn't plan to release its 4 new computers until the
first quarter of next year, I got to believe the Lynx is Atari's faith.

By the way, if you are an Atari computer game player and figure you will
upgrade to one of these new computers in the future, you may want to
start writing letters to Atari now asking for them to be Jaguar compatible.

I believe it is possible...