Xbox 360 delayed until 2006

Radeon350

Jul 19, 2005, 12:29:20 AM7/19/05
in Japan at least...

http://www.gameinformer.com/NR/exeres/C6F3657C-F72C-4842-BA11-1DCEDC9140BB.htm

Microsoft To Announce Xbox 360 Delay In Japan?

On July 25th, Microsoft will be hosting an event in Japan to
officially unveil the console in the land of the rising sun titled
"Xbox Japan Summit 2005". Microsoft is reportedly going to have an
unveiling on an "E3 scale" according to sources, and we've been told
that we'll be seeing more from Japanese Xbox 360 developers such as
Mistwalker, Q Entertainment, Square Enix, Tecmo, as well as a few
surprises. There will be a number of new titles shown, and playable
software.

Unfortunately, we have just learned rather rumor-worthy from an inside
source that Microsoft will be dropping one bomb that no one would
expect -- the Xbox 360 will not launch in Japan this year. At E3
Microsoft initially touted that they would have a worldwide launch by
the end of 2005, but our sources have informed us that Japan's Xbox
360 release date could slip until Q1 2006, and most likely the system
won't launch in Japan until March.

The Xbox has been a complete failure in Japan, and last year the
original PlayStation outsold it. With the exclusives secured from
Japanese developers for the Xbox 360, down to the design of the
system, Microsoft has been doing everything in its power to change the
mindset of the Japanese gamer. But if the Xbox 360 is delayed until Q1
2006, Microsoft will be releasing the system the same time rival Sony
will be launching the PlayStation 3.

While we've not recieved any official confirmation from Microsoft on
this news (Microsoft doesn't comment on rumors or speculation, etc.),
we're betting that if this information is true, it's because either
Microsoft can't produce enough consoles for a worldwide launch, or the
Japanese software launch won't be strong enough for launch, or both.

Game Informer Online will be in Japan next Monday to give you the full
low-down on Microsoft's Xbox Japan Summit 2005, and whether or not
this news is true. Stay tuned...

If Xbox 360 is delayed in Japan, I expect a delay for UK & europe
also. It seems likely that only the USA will see a 2005 release.

Andrew Ryan Chang

Jul 19, 2005, 1:23:43 AM7/19/05
In article <ab1f5a92.0507...@posting.google.com>,

Note the newsgroups:
rec.games.video.sega,
rec.games.video.nintendo,
rec.games.video.sony,
alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,
alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube

Not on-topic for a single one.

Cygnus, you're an attention whore with no class.

[rest of spam deleted; followups to rgv.advocacy]

--
Homer: I've gone back to the time when dinosaurs weren't just confined
to zoos!

Christoph Kögler

Jul 19, 2005, 2:41:41 AM7/19/05
Hey

He is doing a good job. I am reading the nintendo
newsgroup, but i am also interested what other
companys are doing. And i dont have the time
to read all those sources.

So i am always interested in his news, for me
he is one of the most important posters who
makes this ng interesting and readable :O)

> Note the newsgroups:
> rec.games.video.sega,
> rec.games.video.nintendo,
> rec.games.video.sony,
> alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,
> alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube

if you dont like his posts, put him in the
filter. your post is 1000% more off topic!

He is reporting about video games, you
are just complaining. why didnt you choose
e mail for the complaint? do you think your
post is on topic?

Chris

Kendrick Kerwin Chua

Jul 19, 2005, 3:43:29 AM7/19/05
In article <dbi7at$i2f$01$1...@news.t-online.com>,

Christoph Kögler <cro...@gmx.de> wrote:

>He is reporting about video games, you
>are just complaining. why didnt you choose
>e mail for the complaint? do you think your
>post is on topic?

I disagree that this individual is doing any kind of reporting, as you're
stating. Reporting would be if he went out, called sources, and composed
his own content. As it is, this individual is just reposting news from
other sources. In most instances, he's violating fair use rules by
redistributing the text without permission and without properly citing the
source. At the very least, by not posting his own words he's not
contributing to the discussion.

Also, whether or not Andrew's complaint is on-topic has no bearing on
whether or not the other person's post is on-topic. Accusing Andrew of the
same act does not diminish the first person's act. Moreover, we know
nothing about the other person; we don't know his real name, we don't know
what credentials he may have or what qualifications he has to write about
video games or even to post other people's news about video games. We have
no information to judge the merit or the value of his posts, which are
completely filled with other people's words.

You have every right to read his stuff and support his right to post. But
if you think people don't have the same right to complain, then you
haven't been reading Usenet for long enough. Just wait until you see
web-basd forums. :)

-KKC, who oughta know better than to get involved, but hey.
--
--S.S.B. is the code name for America's daring, highly | kendrick @io .com
trained special mission force. Its purpose: to |

Andrew Ryan Chang

Jul 19, 2005, 4:45:30 AM7/19/05
Christoph Kögler <cro...@gmx.de> wrote:
>if you dont like his posts, put him in the
>filter. your post is 1000% more off topic!

Don't be an idiot.

Also, you can't killfile Cygnus for long. Did you ever wonder why
I call him Cygnus when he posted this time under the name "Radeon350"?
It's because he constantly, constantly changes his username _in order to
evade killfiles_.

--
And let's pretend that work isn't as boring and tiring and humiliating
as we all know it really is. Even then, work would _still_ make a mockery

Miles Bader

Jul 19, 2005, 11:29:39 AM7/19/05
arc...@sfu.ca (Andrew Ryan Chang) writes:
> I call him Cygnus when he posted this time under the name "Radeon350"?
> It's because he constantly, constantly changes his username _in order to
> evade killfiles_.

Since you know he doesn't care, what exactly was the point of your post?

-Miles
--
Come now, if we were really planning to harm you, would we be waiting here,
beside the path, in the very darkest part of the forest?

Mattinglyfan

Jul 19, 2005, 12:29:23 PM7/19/05

"Kendrick Kerwin Chua" <kend...@fnord.io.com> wrote in message
Please don't use eBay. Ask me why.

Why?

Andrew Ryan Chang

Jul 19, 2005, 1:40:56 PM7/19/05
Miles Bader <mi...@gnu.org> wrote:
>arc...@sfu.ca (Andrew Ryan Chang) writes:
>> I call him Cygnus when he posted this time under the name "Radeon350"?
>> It's because he constantly, constantly changes his username _in order to
>> evade killfiles_.
>
>Since you know he doesn't care, what exactly was the point of your post?

He does care; it's the reason he changes usernames. He's been
ticked off before* when I pointed out his worthlessness, which IMO is
worth it.

* http://groups-beta.google.com/group/rec.games.video.advocacy/msg/7a2d93899c9b482f

--
"_Babe Flathead:_ At MPU, Babe was a 43-letter man, leading his team to cham-
pionships in every existing sport[...] (Many observers feel that Babe's teams

Ash

Jul 19, 2005, 9:11:09 PM7/19/05
Andrew Ryan Chang wrote:
> Miles Bader <mi...@gnu.org> wrote:
>
>>arc...@sfu.ca (Andrew Ryan Chang) writes:
>>
>>>I call him Cygnus when he posted this time under the name "Radeon350"?
>>>It's because he constantly, constantly changes his username _in order to
>>>evade killfiles_.
>>
>>Since you know he doesn't care, what exactly was the point of your post?
>

> He does care; it's the reason he changes usernames. He's been
> ticked off before* when I pointed out his worthlessness, which IMO is
> worth it.
>
> * http://groups-beta.google.com/group/rec.games.video.advocacy/msg/7a2d93899c9b482f

Well, I suppose the in *his* oppinion, neither post was spam, but rather
informative, legit posts. I certainly found his original post on this
thread both relevant and informative.

--
Evil criminals don't just catch themselves, ya know. Except for Dr. Van
Kruglor's Self Catching robots. Those were just confusing.

Tom McCafferty

Jul 24, 2005, 3:21:09 AM7/24/05

Radeon350 wrote:

> It seems likely that only the USA will see a 2005 release.

Well, I am not going to be the first in the block to get one. I want to wait for
the bugs to be ironed out first.

Paul Heslop

Jul 24, 2005, 8:08:27 AM7/24/05

it'll have bugs in it??? Argh! I thought they had to build these
things in a sterile environment!!!

:O)

--
Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")