Any reason to own a PS2 after X-Box hits?

X-Boy

Jan 5, 2001, 11:12:01 AM1/5/01
Seriously. I'm really curious.

Seeing how the X-box will have a superior version of pretty much every game
the PS2 will have after Square officially signs on board for the X-Box,
including the full EA sports lineup. Even Crash Bandicoot, Sony's one time
mascot, will be available for X-Box. MGS2 will eventually be available for
X-Box. PS2 will have pretty much no exclusive publishers whatsoever.
Except for 989 studios, but then I heard Microsoft has paid them big bucks
not to make any games for the X-Box and stay as far away as possible.

And seeing how Microsoft will do everything the PS2 can do, since it will
have a DVD add on and online gaming add ons available at it's launch.
Unlike Sony which feels they can release online gaming add ons whenever the
hell they feel like it and take their time.

And seeing how Microsoft is bending over backwards to make sure that it's
consumers and game publishers are happy. Working with publishers as they
are making games and communicating to their potential customers instead of
this wall of silence Sony has around it. Check out X-Box.com and you'll
find a wealth of information and newsletter you can sign up for...all over a
year before the machine is due to be released. Meanwhile Sony can't even
tell it's customers when the stupid demo CD will be released.

And seeing how Microsoft is watching all of Sony's mistakes to make sure
they will not repeat them next year. They are planning for their launch a
year ahead of time to make sure there are no stupid hardware shortages which
results in unhappy customers and publishers who cannot sell as many titles
as they could have otherwise. And they will make sure no embarrassments
like Gameday 2001 are released for their system.

I realize there are a lot of people that won't buy an X-Box simply due to
the fact that it is from Microsoft, same as some people won't buy a DC since
it's from Sega. I know that probably won't change. But otherwise, besides
the words "Playstation 2" on the front of the thing, is there any reason
that anybody would want to own or buy a PS2 after next fall? If I'm
missing something please let me know.

Chad Faber

Jan 5, 2001, 11:39:14 AM1/5/01

"X-Boy" <Xb...@NOSPAMtwcny.rr.com> wrote in message

> I realize there are a lot of people that won't buy an X-Box simply due to
> the fact that it is from Microsoft, same as some people won't buy a DC
since
> it's from Sega. I know that probably won't change. But otherwise,
besides
> the words "Playstation 2" on the front of the thing, is there any reason
> that anybody would want to own or buy a PS2 after next fall? If I'm
> missing something please let me know.

First of all, this has nothing to do with Sega so you're a little off topic.

As for your query, I imagine that people are weary of any promises made by
Mircrosoft. MS has always been a little too ambitious in terms of making
promises it can't keep. So I imagine that most people are taking a "I'll
believe it when I see it" stance on Xbox for the time being.

Personally, neither the Xbox nor the PS2 are all that appealing to me, for
the time being.

-Chad

Omarichu

Jan 5, 2001, 12:01:31 PM1/5/01
>Seriously. I'm really curious.

No you're not. You know the PS2 will be the market leader and are so threatened
with the way it's destroyed the DC that you're desperate for something else to
come along and kill it. Not going to happen.

>Seeing how the X-box will have a superior version of pretty much every game
>the PS2 will have after Square officially signs on board for the X-Box,
>including the full EA sports lineup.

The Gamecube will also have EA's sports lineup. Pretty much every system will
sans the Dreamcast. Apparently you enjoy the thought of the X-Box having a
bunch of year-old PS2 games. That's okay. I'm sure they cater to idiots like
yourself.

>MGS2 will eventually be available for
>X-Box.

No it won't.

>PS2 will have pretty much no exclusive publishers whatsoever.

And neither will X-Box. Ignoring the obvious fallacy that third parties release
exclusives for each system they support.

>And seeing how Microsoft will do everything the PS2 can do, since it will
>have a DVD add on and online gaming add ons available at it's launch.

DVD you'll have to pay extra for, for something that literally costs about $5
to implement.

>Unlike Sony which feels they can release online gaming add ons whenever the
>hell they feel like it and take their time.

Take their time? Huh? Sega took a year to get their "network" off the ground
and they have a modem built in. Don't rcy.

>And seeing how Microsoft is bending over backwards to make sure that it's
>consumers and game publishers are happy.

How so? Paying the idiots at Oddworld to badmouth the PS2? Yeah that really
endears them to customers.

>Meanwhile Sony can't even
>tell it's customers when the stupid demo CD will be released.

I can imagine the release of the demo is exciting for someone of such limited
intelligence as yourself.

>And seeing how Microsoft is watching all of Sony's mistakes to make sure
>they will not repeat them next year.

What mistakes? If the X-Box came out last year, it would've hit a shortage too.
Same with the Dreamcast. Grow a brain.

>shortages which
>results in unhappy customers and publishers who cannot sell as many titles
>as they could have otherwise.

So I guess publishers were pretty pissed off at not selling as many DC titles
as they could have at its launch, considering there were *less* DC's bought
than PS2's?

>And they will make sure no embarrassments
>like Gameday 2001 are released for their system.

I guess Madden 2001 being so great really stings, huh?

>"Playstation 2" on the front of the thing, is there any reason
>that anybody would want to own or buy a PS2 after next fall?

Yep. Third party support. First party projects. An actual future. DVD playback.
Backwards compatibility. The market leader. Pretty much the same reason to get
it now.

>If I'm
>missing something please let me know.

You're an idiot. Don't cry.

---

"I pledge allegiance to the snow of the United snow of America. And to the
republic for which it snows, one nation, under snow, indi-snow-ible, with
liberty and justice for snow." Man reading patriotic plaque immediately
following a snowstorm.

SBO4LIFE

Jan 5, 2001, 1:16:57 PM1/5/01
Seeing as how it's hard as shit to make ps2 games the xbox will prolly get the
games before the ps2 once it is released you dumb fuck. FUCK OFF SONY
FUCKER!!!!

Jeff Williams

Jan 5, 2001, 1:15:29 PM1/5/01
In article <20010105120131...@ng-ch1.aol.com>,

omar...@aol.com (Omarichu) wrote:
> >Seriously. I'm really curious.
>
> No you're not. You know the PS2 will be the market leader and are so
threatened
> with the way it's destroyed the DC that you're desperate for
something else to
> come along and kill it.

Heh. Your logic makes me laugh. A system with a maximum installed
base of 1 million has "destroyed" a system with a minimum installed
base of 3 million. Uh huh.

> >MGS2 will eventually be available for
> >X-Box.
>
> No it won't.

According to Konami themselves, it will - and it'll be upgraded. Come
on, Tyrone - distorting truth is your forte, but outright lying?
That's getting desperate.

> >And seeing how Microsoft will do everything the PS2 can do, since it
will
> >have a DVD add on and online gaming add ons available at it's launch.
>
> DVD you'll have to pay extra for, for something that literally costs
about $5
> to implement.

Cool, Tyrone - so you can use your PS2 to play all the DVD's you want
while you wait for this mythical game library to develop. Meanwhile,
the rest of us are out there playing actual games on more "viable"
systems...

> >And seeing how Microsoft is watching all of Sony's mistakes to make
sure
> >they will not repeat them next year.
>
> What mistakes? If the X-Box came out last year, it would've hit a
shortage too.
> Same with the Dreamcast.

Ummm. Why? Sega isn't partnered with Sony to produce chips, and
neither is Microsoft. Sony's shortage was of their own making; but
then I wouldn't expect you to know anything about the chip-making
process, being that you work for MTV Asia and all.

> So I guess publishers were pretty pissed off at not selling as many
DC titles
> as they could have at its launch, considering there were *less* DC's
bought
> than PS2's?

Eh? This doesn't even make sense.

> >And they will make sure no embarrassments
> >like Gameday 2001 are released for their system.
>
> I guess Madden 2001 being so great really stings, huh?

Maybe it would, if it actually was that great. Too bad it controls
like playing underwater and features no pass defense whatsoever. And
we won't mention the lack of online support.

> >"Playstation 2" on the front of the thing, is there any reason
> >that anybody would want to own or buy a PS2 after next fall?
>
> Yep. Third party support. First party projects.

Heh. Name these "first party projects". A new Twisted Metal game,
oooooo! I'm creaming in my jeans over that one. What else?

An actual future. DVD playback.
> Backwards compatibility. The market leader. Pretty much the same
reason to get
> it now.

In other words, there is no reason to get it now.

> >If I'm
> >missing something please let me know.
>
> You're an idiot. Don't cry.

You seem pretty fond of that phrase - wonder why.

--
// Jeff Williams
// ge...@nervhq.org

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

Steve

Jan 5, 2001, 1:44:02 PM1/5/01
"X-Boy" <Xb...@NOSPAMtwcny.rr.com> wrote in message
> Seriously. I'm really curious.
>
> Seeing how the X-box will have a superior version of pretty much every
game
> the PS2 will have after Square officially signs on board for the X-Box,
Until you see MSG side by side running on an XBox and PS2, how can you claim
that XBox's version is superior? Simply put, YOU DON'T KNOW THIS FOR A FACT!
As was mention by someone in this NG, take a look at Tony Hawk for example,
despite PSX's inferior technology compared to DC's, yet DC's version of Tony
Hawk is not leaps and bonds over PSX's version. I don't think many
developement houses will spend the time neccassary to fully expoilt one
systems strenghts. IMO, the system that gets the port usually will not be
that much better (if not worse) than the system it was initally designed for
(another example, Final Fantasy on PC).

> including the full EA sports lineup. Even Crash Bandicoot, Sony's one
time
> mascot, will be available for X-Box. MGS2 will eventually be available
for
> X-Box. PS2 will have pretty much no exclusive publishers whatsoever.
> Except for 989 studios, but then I heard Microsoft has paid them big bucks
> not to make any games for the X-Box and stay as far away as possible.
>
> And seeing how Microsoft will do everything the PS2 can do, since it will
> have a DVD add on and online gaming add ons available at it's launch.
> Unlike Sony which feels they can release online gaming add ons whenever
the
> hell they feel like it and take their time.
>
> And seeing how Microsoft is bending over backwards to make sure that it's
> consumers and game publishers are happy. Working with publishers as they
> are making games and communicating to their potential customers instead of
> this wall of silence Sony has around it. Check out X-Box.com and you'll
> find a wealth of information and newsletter you can sign up for...all over
> year before the machine is due to be released. Meanwhile Sony can't even
> tell it's customers when the stupid demo CD will be released.
>
> And seeing how Microsoft is watching all of Sony's mistakes to make sure
> they will not repeat them next year. They are planning for their launch a

How do you know this exactly? Do you have anything which would indicate that
MS is trying to avoid some of Sony's errors (ex. building several factories
to produce Xbox's, etc.)? In addition, IMO, even after seeing Sony's
mistakes, doesn't automatically mean that they will not do some themselves.
They may have other problems, which Sony didn't have.

> year ahead of time to make sure there are no stupid hardware shortages
which
> results in unhappy customers and publishers who cannot sell as many titles
> as they could have otherwise. And they will make sure no embarrassments
> like Gameday 2001 are released for their system.

Again, how do you know that MS will ensure that no dudes are released for
it's system? Where do you get your info relating to MS & XBox? Are we to
beleive that all games released on XBox will be AAA games?

> I realize there are a lot of people that won't buy an X-Box simply due to
> the fact that it is from Microsoft, same as some people won't buy a DC
since
> it's from Sega. I know that probably won't change. But otherwise,
besides

I agree that unfortuantly this will happen, and it's a shame to over look a
system simply based on who's name is on the box. I for one will keep a very
close eye on both XBox, Gamecube and PS2 (as I plan on buying two of these
systems). I've excluded the Dreamcast only because (except for a couple of
titles), I don't like the games on DC, and not because I have anything
against Sega.

> the words "Playstation 2" on the front of the thing, is there any reason
> that anybody would want to own or buy a PS2 after next fall?

$$$$!?!? We don't know XBox's price yet, and if Sony can drop the price of
the PS2, that might persvad people into buying the PS2, even if XBox is
superior. Hard core gamers might shell out more for the XBox, but the
average Joe might be looking at the price as a factor. I guess in the end,
to each thier own!

york4311

Jan 5, 2001, 1:53:53 PM1/5/01
Xb...@NOSPAMtwcny.rr.com (X-Boy) wrote in
<lnm56.150756$7I.14...@typhoon.nyroc.rr.com>:

Ok, here's a reason...there are over 800 PSX games currently. I personally
own about 100. Can I play my 100 PSX games on the X-Box...NO! Can I play
my 100 PSX games on the PS2...YES! I don't know about you, but I don't
have the room to hook up 4 or 5 consoles under my entertainment center.
So, the PS2 being able to play my old PSX games is a DEFINATE PLUS. I will
NEVER grow tired of Castlevania SOTN, Colony Wars Vengence, or Point
Blanke. Even games like Nuclear Strike are fun to pop in from time to
time. So, NO, I'm in no rush to get an X-Box. Which, I've heard is going
to launch for about $399.

oogabooga

Jan 5, 2001, 2:36:13 PM1/5/01
On Fri, 05 Jan 2001 16:12:01 GMT, "X-Boy" <Xb...@NOSPAMtwcny.rr.com>
wrote:

>Seriously. I'm really curious.
>
>Seeing how the X-box will have a superior version of pretty much every game
>the PS2 will have after Square officially signs on board for the X-Box,
>including the full EA sports lineup. Even Crash Bandicoot, Sony's one time
>mascot, will be available for X-Box. MGS2 will eventually be available for
>X-Box. PS2 will have pretty much no exclusive publishers whatsoever.
>Except for 989 studios, but then I heard Microsoft has paid them big bucks
>not to make any games for the X-Box and stay as far away as possible.
>
>And seeing how Microsoft will do everything the PS2 can do, since it will
>have a DVD add on and online gaming add ons available at it's launch.

Any information on how the DVD "add on" will be implemented? I don't
relish having to buy more hardware ala 32X.

Skye

Jan 5, 2001, 2:34:33 PM1/5/01

"Jeff Williams" <ge...@nervhq.org> wrote in message

> Cool, Tyrone - so you can use your PS2 to play all the DVD's you want
> while you wait for this mythical game library to develop. Meanwhile,
> the rest of us are out there playing actual games on more "viable"
> systems...

As opposed to the instant library of remarkable titles the X-Box will have
at launch? Let's be honest, every system launch has sucked pretty hard
recently. I'm still waiting for the DC to produce more must-haves for me.
The PS2 hasn't even been out a year, but if I'm still wishing for better
games in a year, I'll be upset with the PS2 as well. The X Box and Gamecube
aren't going to be any different. The only system launch I'm really looking
foward to is the GBA, and its initial releases look like shit, but at least
I can play the old games on it.

Skye

Jordan

Jan 5, 2001, 3:24:03 PM1/5/01
In article <lnm56.150756$7I.14...@typhoon.nyroc.rr.com>,

"X-Boy" <Xb...@NOSPAMtwcny.rr.com> wrote:
> Seriously. I'm really curious.

I haven't seen an overwhelming reason to own a PS2 NOW, ditto for the
XBox.

--
- Jordan
jorda...@my-deja.com

Jordan

Jan 5, 2001, 3:27:32 PM1/5/01
In article <902087B56yor...@129.176.212.33>,
york...@yahoo.com (york4311) wrote:

> Ok, here's a reason...there are over 800 PSX games currently. I
personally
> own about 100. Can I play my 100 PSX games on the X-Box...NO! Can I
play
> my 100 PSX games on the PS2...YES!

If you have 100 PSX games then you probably already have a PS1. Why buy
a PS2 other than that? $300 buys a lot of PS games...

Kickaha

Jan 5, 2001, 3:47:17 PM1/5/01
york4311 wrote:

> So, NO, I'm in no rush to get an X-Box. Which, I've heard is going
> to launch for about $399.

No one knows what the price of an Xbox will be yet. The
only official word on the price has come from Microsoft
who has said that it will be priced competitively with
other next-gen systems. If the price of a PS2 rises to
$399 by the time of the Xbox's launch, then maybe your
prediction will come true. ;)

Wanderer

Jan 5, 2001, 4:15:29 PM1/5/01
A PC in sheep's clothing is still a PC do matter how you look at it.
Microsoft is going to get burned big time on the X-Box because anyone
with a decent PC will have the same (if not more) power.

Run along fanboy...

wrote:

>Seriously. I'm really curious.

Michael Kocher

Jan 5, 2001, 4:33:56 PM1/5/01
In order to unlock the capability to watch DVD movies, you have to purchase
an extra remote that will cost 20-30 dollars. Personally, I'm glad they did
it this way because I wont have to use a controller to watch DVDs, and it
keeps the cost of the system down because they don't have to pay royalties
on the X-Box itself to the DVD consortium...
"oogabooga" <ooga...@usa.net> wrote in message

Alex Mendes

Jan 5, 2001, 6:45:11 PM1/5/01
In article <t5cft9a...@corp.supernews.com>, "Michael Kocher"
<zat...@gci.net> wrote:

> In order to unlock the capability to watch DVD movies, you have to
> purchase
> an extra remote that will cost 20-30 dollars. Personally, I'm glad they
> did
> it this way because I wont have to use a controller to watch DVDs, and it
> keeps the cost of the system down because they don't have to pay
> royalties
> on the X-Box itself to the DVD consortium...

Actually, they'd have to pay the same royalties either way. The fees
are all either set prices, or based on the cost of the player/drive,
which in this case is the Xbox. Frankly, the only thing the "remote
unluck" scheme would do is get more money for MS, from consumers.

> "oogabooga" <ooga...@usa.net> wrote in message
> > On Fri, 05 Jan 2001 16:12:01 GMT, "X-Boy" <Xb...@NOSPAMtwcny.rr.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> > >Seriously. I'm really curious.

At this point, I'm still wondering why I should buy an Xbox in the first
place. There isn't much info on any games so far, and really no
exclusives that would make me buy the system. Of course, since the
launch is still months away, this isn't a shock...

-Alex Mendes

gunstar

Jan 5, 2001, 7:56:37 PM1/5/01
omar...@aol.com (Omarichu) wrote:
> >Seriously. I'm really curious.
>
> No you're not. You know the PS2 will be the market leader and are so
threatened
> with the way it's destroyed the DC that you're desperate for
something else to
> come along and kill it. Not going to happen.

Stop crying , You know that come X-box DC will surpass all of them with
its $99 price tag. Cause people are cheap like that.

> >Seeing how the X-box will have a superior version of pretty much
every game
> >the PS2 will have after Square officially signs on board for the X-
Box,
> >including the full EA sports lineup.
>
> The Gamecube will also have EA's sports lineup. Pretty much every
system will
> sans the Dreamcast. Apparently you enjoy the thought of the X-Box
having a
> bunch of year-old PS2 games. That's okay. I'm sure they cater to
idiots like
> yourself.

You'll be paying full price for "patches" from EA. On multiple systems
except on the DC.

> >MGS2 will eventually be available for
> >X-Box.
>
> No it won't.

Yes it will ...probably get cancelled for PS2 if MS pays enough.
Don't shed a tear.

> >PS2 will have pretty much no exclusive publishers whatsoever.
>
> And neither will X-Box. Ignoring the obvious fallacy that third
parties release
> exclusives for each system they support.

Microsoft will buy exclusivity.
Sony will be making too much of a loss on PS2's to pay big bucks.
Don't drop a tear.

> >And seeing how Microsoft will do everything the PS2 can do, since it
will
> >have a DVD add on and online gaming add ons available at it's launch.
>
> DVD you'll have to pay extra for, for something that literally costs
about $5
> to implement.

cheap ... cool.

Don't cry.

> >Unlike Sony which feels they can release online gaming add ons
whenever the
> >hell they feel like it and take their time.
> >

> Take their time? Huh? Sega took a year to get their "network" off the
ground
> and they have a modem built in. Don't rcy.

more than you can say for Sony

> >And seeing how Microsoft is bending over backwards to make sure that
it's
> >consumers and game publishers are happy.
>
> How so? Paying the idiots at Oddworld to badmouth the PS2? Yeah that
really
> endears them to customers.

Nothing but praise from the 3rd parties, unlike Sony which has been bad
mouthed from Capcom to Konami.

> >Meanwhile Sony can't even
> >tell it's customers when the stupid demo CD will be released.
>
> I can imagine the release of the demo is exciting for someone of such
limited
> intelligence as yourself.

Someone of superior intelligence when compared to you obviously,

Don't curse ....there is no need to cry.

> >And seeing how Microsoft is watching all of Sony's mistakes to make
sure
> >they will not repeat them next year.
>
> What mistakes? If the X-Box came out last year, it would've hit a
shortage too.
> Same with the Dreamcast. Grow a brain.

Obviously you are getting more frustrated and are becoming incoherent.

> >shortages which
> >results in unhappy customers and publishers who cannot sell as many
titles
> >as they could have otherwise.
>
> So I guess publishers were pretty pissed off at not selling as many
DC titles
> as they could have at its launch, considering there were *less* DC's
bought
> than PS2's?

Publishers invested alot in PS2 and were dissappointed , they didn't
put so much in DC and were pleasantly surprised.

> >And they will make sure no embarrassments
> >like Gameday 2001 are released for their system.
>
> I guess Madden 2001 being so great really stings, huh?

Yep it stings ....when it's so great and still gets beaten by
the "inferior" to NFL2k1

> >"Playstation 2" on the front of the thing, is there any reason
> >that anybody would want to own or buy a PS2 after next fall?
>
> Yep. Third party support. First party projects. An actual future. DVD
playback.
> Backwards compatibility. The market leader. Pretty much the same
reason to get
> it now.

Third party support ... snapped up by MS, First party projects ....get
a DC or Gamecube....neither Sony nor MS can do shit for themselves.

> >If I'm
> >missing something please let me know.
>
> You're an idiot. Don't cry.

Yeah but you're already crying .... have a tissue and keep pretending
you have a game system

> ---
>
> "I pledge allegiance to the snow of the United snow of America. And
to the
> republic for which it snows, one nation, under snow, indi-snow-ible,
with
> liberty and justice for snow." Man reading patriotic plaque
immediately
> following a snowstorm.

I hope that man froze to death , and I hope you idolize him.

--
hyouden no hikyuu : tomuraigassen

Michael Kocher

Jan 5, 2001, 8:40:30 PM1/5/01
From what I've been told, thats not how it works.
"Alex Mendes" <ame...@nospam.net> wrote in message

Doug Jacobs

Jan 5, 2001, 9:37:52 PM1/5/01
In rec.games.video.sony X-Boy <Xb...@nospamtwcny.rr.com> wrote:
> Seriously. I'm really curious.

> Seeing how the X-box will have a superior version of pretty much every game
> the PS2 will have after Square officially signs on board for the X-Box,
> including the full EA sports lineup. Even Crash Bandicoot, Sony's one time
> mascot, will be available for X-Box. MGS2 will eventually be available for
> X-Box. PS2 will have pretty much no exclusive publishers whatsoever.
> Except for 989 studios, but then I heard Microsoft has paid them big bucks
> not to make any games for the X-Box and stay as far away as possible.

IMHO, no one can make the statment of which unit is superior until xbox
actually starts hitting manufacturing. So far, all we've seen are specs
and pictures. There's been very little announced about games. What games
that HAVE been announced, are available on other platforms (PC, PS2.) So
then, the question is...why buy xbox? Why buy a console that only plays
ports of games available on other platforms? Why wait for a game to get
ported to xbox, if it gets ported at all?

> And seeing how Microsoft is bending over backwards to make sure that it's
> consumers and game publishers are happy.

Happy consumers?? You're kidding, right? What company in its sane mind
would inflict that cursed talking paper clip on its customers?? That single
thing has annoyed more people than anything else produced by any company
before.

> Working with publishers as they
> are making games and communicating to their potential customers instead of
> this wall of silence Sony has around it. Check out X-Box.com and you'll
> find a wealth of information and newsletter you can sign up for...all over a
> year before the machine is due to be released. Meanwhile Sony can't even
> tell it's customers when the stupid demo CD will be released.

I think this is because Microsoft knows how much of an uphill battle they
have to break into the console market.

> I realize there are a lot of people that won't buy an X-Box simply due to
> the fact that it is from Microsoft, same as some people won't buy a DC since
> it's from Sega. I know that probably won't change. But otherwise, besides
> the words "Playstation 2" on the front of the thing, is there any reason
> that anybody would want to own or buy a PS2 after next fall? If I'm
> missing something please let me know.

I think you vastly underestimate the anti-Microsoft feelings that permeate
the computer industry. It's going to take A LOT of goodwill on the part
of Microsoft to show that they can make a quality product in this space
and sustain it. Too many of their other products have been rushed to
market, and show it. For this reason alone, unless xbox can show that
it's more than just simply a 'mimic box', it's going to get a very cold
response from the market. Xbox needs exclusive, killer app games. Games
that will only be found on the Xbox (not PC, not PS2, etc.) and will be
worth buying the console to just play the game. MGS2 is not an xbox killer
app, because it'll be available on PS2.

Between now and October when xbox is supposed to be released, other games
for PS2 will be released. GT3, in particular, is expected to be a killer
app for the PS2. Even if MGS2 is released simultaneously for PS2 and xbox,
it'll be too late.

Besides, I think this ploy of Microsoft's is a stepping stone to the larger
and more lucrative embedded OS market - a market Microsoft has been
interested in for quite some time, but has had very little success in
getting taken seriously. (rumor has it, they showed up at a trade show for
embedded OSes, and had their booth laughed off the floor...)

oogabooga

Jan 5, 2001, 10:18:57 PM1/5/01
On Fri, 05 Jan 2001 21:15:29 GMT, Wanderer <nopl...@hell.com> wrote:

>A PC in sheep's clothing is still a PC do matter how you look at it.
>Microsoft is going to get burned big time on the X-Box because anyone
>with a decent PC will have the same (if not more) power.
>
>Run along fanboy...

Look , if the XBox launches at $299, that's still $1000 less than a
competitive PC. Consoles have the added benefit of ease of use. Pop
the CD(or DVD) in, push the power button, and play. No worrying about
drivers, hardware conflicts, nothing. The argument that a $1000+ PC
outperforms a $299 console is flawed, because it SHOULD at that price.

oogabooga

Jan 5, 2001, 10:14:42 PM1/5/01
On Fri, 5 Jan 2001 12:33:56 -0900, "Michael Kocher" <zat...@gci.net>
wrote:

>In order to unlock the capability to watch DVD movies, you have to purchase
>an extra remote that will cost 20-30 dollars. Personally, I'm glad they did
>it this way because I wont have to use a controller to watch DVDs, and it
>keeps the cost of the system down because they don't have to pay royalties
>on the X-Box itself to the DVD consortium...

That's not bad at all. I just hope MS ships enough remotes.

X-Boy

Jan 6, 2001, 9:40:14 AM1/6/01

> On Fri, 05 Jan 2001 21:15:29 GMT, Wanderer <nopl...@hell.com> wrote:
>
> >A PC in sheep's clothing is still a PC do matter how you look at it.
> >Microsoft is going to get burned big time on the X-Box because anyone
> >with a decent PC will have the same (if not more) power.
> >
> >Run along fanboy...
>
> Look , if the XBox launches at $299, that's still $1000 less than a
> competitive PC. Consoles have the added benefit of ease of use. Pop
> the CD(or DVD) in, push the power button, and play. No worrying about
> drivers, hardware conflicts, nothing. The argument that a $1000+ PC
> outperforms a $299 console is flawed, because it SHOULD at that price.

Excellent point. As far as the PC world is concerned, high end PC sales
are down. People are getting tired of having to upgrade their video card
every year and CPU every 2 years in order to play the newest games properly.
Not to mention the expense. The percentage of these die hard PC gamers
continues to decrease year after year, as sales of both hardware and
software shows.

One of the reasons 4-5 times as many people are playing Half
Life/Counterstrike online as compared to Quake 3 or Unreal Tournament is
that the system requirements for Half Life/Counterstrike are much lower than
those of the other games. Will really high end PCs be more powerful than
the X-Box? Of course, but the percentage of people who actually have the
really high end PCs and the latest video cards is such a small minority that
any software developer that takes the time to design games that only run
properly on these super high end boxes will see smaller sales of their
product when it's released.

Many PC-only developers are very excited over the X-Box and what it will be
able to do. And if a PC software developer can now introduce their games to
the average joe console player instead of the small minority of PC diehards,
all the better for them as well.

X-Boy

Jan 6, 2001, 9:59:09 AM1/6/01

"Doug Jacobs" <dja...@tsoft.com> wrote in message

> In rec.games.video.sony X-Boy <Xb...@nospamtwcny.rr.com> wrote:
> > Seriously. I'm really curious.
>
> > Seeing how the X-box will have a superior version of pretty much every
game
> > the PS2 will have after Square officially signs on board for the X-Box,
> > including the full EA sports lineup. Even Crash Bandicoot, Sony's one
time
> > mascot, will be available for X-Box. MGS2 will eventually be available
for
> > X-Box. PS2 will have pretty much no exclusive publishers whatsoever.
> > Except for 989 studios, but then I heard Microsoft has paid them big
bucks
> > not to make any games for the X-Box and stay as far away as possible.
>
> IMHO, no one can make the statment of which unit is superior until xbox
> actually starts hitting manufacturing. So far, all we've seen are specs
> and pictures. There's been very little announced about games. What games
> that HAVE been announced, are available on other platforms (PC, PS2.) So
> then, the question is...why buy xbox? Why buy a console that only plays
> ports of games available on other platforms? Why wait for a game to get
> ported to xbox, if it gets ported at all?

Well, one answer of course is simplicity of playing all of the great PC
games. Pop the CD in and go. No configuring drivers, messing with display
settings, port conflicts, etc. This will be appealing to all of the average
joe-non PC experts out there.

And as far as ports of PS2 games, one answer could be the potential of
playing a better version. The first X-Box version of Madden will
supposidly have online play, something the first PS2 version didn't have.
And looking at the specs of the 2 machines, the X-Box has the possibility of
better graphics.

And there will be games on the X-Box that you can't play on any other
console, so there will be console exclusives.

> > And seeing how Microsoft is bending over backwards to make sure that
it's
> > consumers and game publishers are happy.
>
> Happy consumers?? You're kidding, right? What company in its sane mind
> would inflict that cursed talking paper clip on its customers?? That
single
> thing has annoyed more people than anything else produced by any company
> before.

I try to keep the video game Microsoft and the PC software publisher
Microsoft seperate in my head. But you are correct, the PC publisher
Microsoft should rot in Hell for their terrible PC software and 'Operating
Systems' (of which I use the term very loosely). I've seen the 'Blue
Screen Of Death' more often than any person should in their lifetime. Visit
www.microsith.com for a good laugh at the PC Microsoft.

I keep an open mind about the video game Microsoft. And I think average joe
consumer will to. But the internet regulars will probably not and there's
probably little I can do to change that.

> > Working with publishers as they
> > are making games and communicating to their potential customers instead
of
> > this wall of silence Sony has around it. Check out X-Box.com and
you'll
> > find a wealth of information and newsletter you can sign up for...all
over a
> > year before the machine is due to be released. Meanwhile Sony can't
even
> > tell it's customers when the stupid demo CD will be released.
>
> I think this is because Microsoft knows how much of an uphill battle they
> have to break into the console market.

True. They are hungry for success in the video game world. Unlike Sony,
which sits on it's ass most of the time working on their own timetable.
And unlike the PC publisher Microsoft, which again does whatever the hell it
wants to.

But a company that is hungry for success is good for the consumer. The
video game Microsoft has actually been doing extensive polling and research
in order to find out what video game players want in a console system, which
is why they are doing things like keeping the core system basic and
concentrating it as a gaming system. For those who want to watch DVDs, they
can purchase that seperately. Think Sony gives a rat's ass about what
anybody wants? Nah, they just release product like PS2 Gameday 2001, hype
it big time and watches it sell.

> > I realize there are a lot of people that won't buy an X-Box simply due
> > the fact that it is from Microsoft, same as some people won't buy a DC
since
> > it's from Sega. I know that probably won't change. But otherwise,
besides
> > the words "Playstation 2" on the front of the thing, is there any reason
> > that anybody would want to own or buy a PS2 after next fall? If I'm
> > missing something please let me know.
>
> I think you vastly underestimate the anti-Microsoft feelings that permeate
> the computer industry. It's going to take A LOT of goodwill on the part
> of Microsoft to show that they can make a quality product in this space
> and sustain it. Too many of their other products have been rushed to
> market, and show it.

Yes, the video game Microsoft has an uphill battle ahead, even more than
Sega did when they released the DC. But so far they are doing everything
right, and a company that does everything right and tries hard deserves to
succeed. So therefore I am pushing for them. X-Box may wind up to be a
huge disaster even after all of their efforts, but one can hope...

> For this reason alone, unless xbox can show that
> it's more than just simply a 'mimic box', it's going to get a very cold
> response from the market. Xbox needs exclusive, killer app games. Games
> that will only be found on the Xbox (not PC, not PS2, etc.) and will be
> worth buying the console to just play the game. MGS2 is not an xbox
killer
> app, because it'll be available on PS2.

Halo might be, as it is currently only scheduled for X-Box (although a PC
version MAY come out, don't think it was finalized). And several PC games
will be console exclusives on X-Box. And I think there may be one or two
surprises before the fall...

Skye

Jan 6, 2001, 10:06:42 AM1/6/01

> Well, one answer of course is simplicity of playing all of the great PC
> games. Pop the CD in and go. No configuring drivers, messing with
display
> settings, port conflicts, etc. This will be appealing to all of the
average
> joe-non PC experts out there.

They better have to configure display settings, or I wont want an Xbox. If I
dont have the option to output to a 16:9 tv like I do on the PS2, MS can
shove the Xbox up their collective arse....which is a moot point anyway
since they already said they're going to support widescreen TVs.

Skye

Wanderer

Jan 6, 2001, 11:08:36 AM1/6/01
On Sat, 06 Jan 2001 03:18:57 GMT, ooga...@usa.net (oogabooga) wrote:

>On Fri, 05 Jan 2001 21:15:29 GMT, Wanderer <nopl...@hell.com> wrote:
>
>>A PC in sheep's clothing is still a PC do matter how you look at it.
>>Microsoft is going to get burned big time on the X-Box because anyone
>>with a decent PC will have the same (if not more) power.
>>
>>Run along fanboy...
>
>Look , if the XBox launches at $299, that's still $1000 less than a
>competitive PC. Consoles have the added benefit of ease of use. Pop
>the CD(or DVD) in, push the power button, and play. No worrying about
>drivers, hardware conflicts, nothing. The argument that a $1000+ PC
>outperforms a $299 console is flawed, because it SHOULD at that price.

The X-Box is NOT a console!!! It's a streamlined mini-PC, but IT IS
NOT A CONSOLE! Why is that so hard to understand?

oogabooga

Jan 6, 2001, 11:39:33 AM1/6/01
On Sat, 06 Jan 2001 14:40:14 GMT, "X-Boy" <Xb...@NOSPAMtwcny.rr.com>
wrote:

>"oogabooga" <ooga...@usa.net> wrote in message
>> On Fri, 05 Jan 2001 21:15:29 GMT, Wanderer <nopl...@hell.com> wrote:
>>
>> >A PC in sheep's clothing is still a PC do matter how you look at it.
>> >Microsoft is going to get burned big time on the X-Box because anyone
>> >with a decent PC will have the same (if not more) power.
>> >
>> >Run along fanboy...
>>
>> Look , if the XBox launches at $299, that's still $1000 less than a
>> competitive PC. Consoles have the added benefit of ease of use. Pop
>> the CD(or DVD) in, push the power button, and play. No worrying about
>> drivers, hardware conflicts, nothing. The argument that a $1000+ PC
>> outperforms a $299 console is flawed, because it SHOULD at that price.
>>

>Excellent point. As far as the PC world is concerned, high end PC sales
>are down. People are getting tired of having to upgrade their video card
>every year and CPU every 2 years in order to play the newest games properly.
>Not to mention the expense. The percentage of these die hard PC gamers
>continues to decrease year after year, as sales of both hardware and
>software shows.

Exactly. The continued cost of upgrading my PC was the main reason I
switched to console gaming. I don't mind buying a new console at $200
or so every few years, because I still have the previous console. I
don't like having to spend tons of $$ to upgrade my video card and CPU
every year to stay on the bleeding edge. It's ridiculous. I use my PC
for surfing now, mostly.

oogabooga

Jan 6, 2001, 11:42:07 AM1/6/01

It's a console. . It's a dedicated game machine, ie a console. Yes it
has a hard drive, but that doesn't make it a PC. Tell you what, when I
see the first word processor or spreadsheet for it, we'll call it a
PC. The Dreamcast can use Windows CE and surf the 'Net, so is it a PC?

oogabooga

Jan 6, 2001, 11:43:33 AM1/6/01

I'd wager that the heads at Team XBox have taken all that into
consideration, plus things we gamers haven't.

Tim

Jan 6, 2001, 12:30:06 PM1/6/01

X-Boy wrote:

> Seriously. I'm really curious.
>
> Seeing how the X-box will have a superior version of pretty much every
game
> the PS2 will have after Square officially signs on board for the X-Box,
> including the full EA sports lineup. Even Crash Bandicoot, Sony's one
time
> mascot, will be available for X-Box. MGS2 will eventually be available
for
> X-Box. PS2 will have pretty much no exclusive publishers whatsoever.
> Except for 989 studios, but then I heard Microsoft has paid them big
bucks
> not to make any games for the X-Box and stay as far away as possible.
>
> And seeing how Microsoft will do everything the PS2 can do, since it will
> have a DVD add on and online gaming add ons available at it's launch.
> Unlike Sony which feels they can release online gaming add ons whenever
the
> hell they feel like it and take their time.
>
> And seeing how Microsoft is bending over backwards to make sure that it's
> consumers and game publishers are happy. Working with publishers as they

> are making games and communicating to their potential customers instead
of
> this wall of silence Sony has around it. Check out X-Box.com and you'll
> find a wealth of information and newsletter you can sign up for...all
over a
> year before the machine is due to be released. Meanwhile Sony can't even
> tell it's customers when the stupid demo CD will be released.
>
> And seeing how Microsoft is watching all of Sony's mistakes to make sure
> they will not repeat them next year. They are planning for their launch
> year ahead of time to make sure there are no stupid hardware shortages
which
> results in unhappy customers and publishers who cannot sell as many
titles
> as they could have otherwise. And they will make sure no embarrassments
> like Gameday 2001 are released for their system.
>
> I realize there are a lot of people that won't buy an X-Box simply due to
> the fact that it is from Microsoft, same as some people won't buy a DC
since
> it's from Sega. I know that probably won't change. But otherwise,
besides
> the words "Playstation 2" on the front of the thing, is there any reason
> that anybody would want to own or buy a PS2 after next fall? If I'm
> missing something please let me know.

FIRST OF ALL, Squaresoft has not AND PROBABLY WILL NOT sign with
Microsoft. Legend has it that Sony keeps them VERY happy, and as long as
Final Fantasy and all of the Square titles stay with the Playstion 2, I as
well, will stay with the PS2. Besides, there are a lot of people who
LOATHE Microsoft, and having them come around to purchase the X-Box will
be an interesting challenge.

David Harvey

Jan 6, 2001, 12:42:45 PM1/6/01

> X-Boy wrote:

> > I realize there are a lot of people that won't buy an X-Box simply due
> > the fact that it is from Microsoft, same as some people won't buy a DC
> since
> > it's from Sega. I know that probably won't change. But otherwise,
> besides
> > the words "Playstation 2" on the front of the thing, is there any reason
> > that anybody would want to own or buy a PS2 after next fall? If I'm
> > missing something please let me know.

You hit the nail on the head by saying "there are a lot of people that won't
buy an X-Box simply due to the fact that it is from Microsoft..."

The general public loathes Microsoft but buys their product because they
feel they have to. Now they have a choice and if the same games are on PS2
and on X-Box, I think that even though the X-Box may look a bit better,
people will side with a PS2 because of this inner disgust for Microsoft.

Just my opinion

dh

X-Boy

Jan 6, 2001, 2:09:17 PM1/6/01

"David Harvey" <dha...@sk.sympatico.ca> wrote in message

It's obvious that many people on the internet share your opinion. It would
be unfortunate if Sony continues to dominate the home console arena simply
because of the words "Playstation 2" on the front of it and the name
"Microsoft" in front of the X-Box's. But I realize there is a very good
chance of that happening.....oh well.

Perhaps Microsoft should simply rename it from the "Microsoft X-Box" to the
"SuperFunGamingCompany X-Box"?

m.ca...@btinternet.com

Jan 6, 2001, 10:28:04 PM1/6/01

> Many PC-only developers are very excited over the X-Box and what it will be
> able to do. And if a PC software developer can now introduce their games to
> the average joe console player instead of the small minority of PC diehards,
> all the better for them as well.

Agreed. Peter Molyneux in particular has said that Black & White will be the last PC game he will
be working on (I hope I have got the person/game thingy right there...).

Doug Jacobs

Jan 6, 2001, 3:56:19 PM1/6/01
In rec.games.video.sony X-Boy <Xb...@nospamtwcny.rr.com> wrote:

> Well, one answer of course is simplicity of playing all of the great PC
> games. Pop the CD in and go. No configuring drivers, messing with display
> settings, port conflicts, etc. This will be appealing to all of the average
> joe-non PC experts out there.

Huh, I do that now. No problems, other than installing a patch for the
game (oooh...tough...you download the patch, and run it.)

Things have come a long way since the days of DOS. While I agree that
consoles are still easier, they've lost a lot of the lead they used to have
over PCs.

> And as far as ports of PS2 games, one answer could be the potential of
> playing a better version. The first X-Box version of Madden will
> supposidly have online play, something the first PS2 version didn't have.
> And looking at the specs of the 2 machines, the X-Box has the possibility of
> better graphics.

"possibility" That's the problem. It's too early to say. HW specs are
meaningless...it's gotta be the games that sell the platform, not the HW.

At any rate, it still seems too early to make any speculation about the
XBox. The HW hasn't been finalized yet, and only a few vague announcements
about games and companies have been made. I think it'll be spring before
there's any REAL information available.

Wanderer

Jan 6, 2001, 4:00:11 PM1/6/01
On Sat, 06 Jan 2001 16:42:07 GMT, ooga...@usa.net (oogabooga) wrote:

>It's a console. . It's a dedicated game machine, ie a console. Yes it
>has a hard drive, but that doesn't make it a PC. Tell you what, when I
>see the first word processor or spreadsheet for it, we'll call it a
>PC. The Dreamcast can use Windows CE and surf the 'Net, so is it a PC?

Any designer out to make a console would NOT use x86 architecture.
You'd be incredibly naive to think that the X-Box won't be hacked to
run everyday PC software within a few days of it's release.

It's still a mini-PC, not a console.

Doug Jacobs

Jan 6, 2001, 4:11:35 PM1/6/01
In rec.games.video.sony X-Boy <Xb...@nospamtwcny.rr.com> wrote:
> Excellent point. As far as the PC world is concerned, high end PC sales
> are down. People are getting tired of having to upgrade their video card
> every year and CPU every 2 years in order to play the newest games properly.
> Not to mention the expense. The percentage of these die hard PC gamers
> continues to decrease year after year, as sales of both hardware and
> software shows.

Actually, the reason high end PC sales are down is because people are
realizing they don't NEED an 800-1100MHZ machine.

My P3-500 is still capable of playing ANY PC game available - and it's
going on 2 years old. Even its video card is able to pretty much play games
at max resolution.

Between Microsoft's new versions of its OS and Office suite, there was
a reason to buy a new PC every few years. Now, however, there's not much
point. Can you think of anyone who actually needs a P4?

Barney Gumble

Jan 6, 2001, 4:26:18 PM1/6/01

> Actually, the reason high end PC sales are down is because people are
> realizing they don't NEED an 800-1100MHZ machine.

Apparently you've haven't played Giants. :)

J Parlee

Jan 6, 2001, 6:24:36 PM1/6/01

"Wanderer" <nopl...@hell.com> wrote in message

> Any designer out to make a console would NOT use x86 architecture.
> You'd be incredibly naive to think that the X-Box won't be hacked to
> run everyday PC software within a few days of it's release.
>
> It's still a mini-PC, not a console.

Admit it...you don't even know what "PC" stands for, do you?

Wanderer

Jan 6, 2001, 8:42:30 PM1/6/01
Admit it, your a troll. *PLONK*

J Parlee

Jan 6, 2001, 10:13:42 PM1/6/01

> Admit it, your a troll. *PLONK*

Yay! I've been "plonked" and called a troll by someone who insists that an
electronic device designed specifically to play video games should be called
a "Personal Computer".

The architecture of the system does not make it a "PC" as you seem to
think...its the functionality and the X-Box will have the functionality of a
console.

Jason

guy-jin

Jan 6, 2001, 11:18:39 PM1/6/01
In article <lnm56.150756$7I.14...@typhoon.nyroc.rr.com>,
"X-Boy" <Xb...@NOSPAMtwcny.rr.com> wrote:

delete the last three words of your subject,
then we talk.

--
geek code block: Version: 3.1
GCS/O d-(x 10/31) s+:++>+:+ a-- C++>$ UL+>++ UA+>++ L+>++++ P--- E>++

m.ca...@btinternet.com

Jan 7, 2001, 4:26:01 PM1/7/01

Wanderer <nopl...@hell.com> wrote in message news:hq1f5toksc63h10ij...@4ax.com...

Its a console! Just because it is going to be hacked to use PC stuff, doesnt mean it is a PC. Look
at what they are doing to the DC - making it run Linux. They have converted the original PC Quake
to the DC. The DC is the hackers choice at the moment.
People are even (and have done) hacking those Furbies toys - does that mean they are a PC as
well...?
The X-Box is being released as a console. If someone comes along, and modifies it in some way, so
that it can run like a PC... then it is not really the X-Box anymore is it?
If you bought a Dell PC, and replaced most of the parts, then it wouldnt be a Dell PC anymore.

j03

Jan 7, 2001, 3:08:56 PM1/7/01
Hell, there isnt a reason to own a PS2 now! The Dreamcast is far
superior: 4 controller ports, built-in modem for online gaming,
broadband adaptor this week(!!), alot of great games, half the
price of PS2, the Dreamcast is a great great deal. Best Buy has
a sale in which you get the sydney olympic game free when buying a
Dreamcast! I recommend getting a Dreamcast now, and an Xb0x in
2002. There is no reason to get a lame PoS2.

Speed Devils Online, NBA2K1, Quake 3, Pod 2, NFL2K1, 4x4 Evo, Maximum
Pool, Tetris: Next Edition, Starlancer,online multiplayer, its IN the
GAME!!! (tm)

Online multiplayer (56k *and* broadband) console games, only available
on the Dreamcast!

Head

Jan 7, 2001, 3:21:09 PM1/7/01
dvd ,8 player
dts ,dolby digital
emotion engine
are just a few!!!!!!!!

fas...@my-deja.com

Jan 7, 2001, 2:10:23 PM1/7/01
No

In article <lnm56.150756$7I.14...@typhoon.nyroc.rr.com>,

Jarno Kaarinen

Jan 7, 2001, 3:10:12 PM1/7/01
Wanderer <nopl...@hell.com> wrote:

>Any designer out to make a console would NOT use x86 architecture.

Since X-Box is a console and uses x86 architecture, I guess you've
just been proven wrong. ;-P

j03

Jan 7, 2001, 5:15:22 PM1/7/01
*yawn* The PoS2 DVD sux, its mediocre at best! The "emotion engine"
is crying because of its lack of power...

http://www.dailyradar.com/reviews/game_review_1223.html
The Bottom Line: We hate to be the bearer of bad tidings, but The
Bouncer just doesn't have the kind of gameplay that will keep us
coming back for more. The graphics are a big draw, but there are
enough problems to give us pause. Add a total game time that's
brief enough to be a single evening's entertainment, and there's
just not enough to recommend this game.

Speed Devils Online, NBA2K1, Quake 3, Pod 2, NFL2K1, 4x4 Evo, Maximum
Pool, Tetris: Next Edition, Starlancer,online multiplayer, its IN the
GAME!!! (tm)

Online (56k *and* broadband) multiplayer console games, only available
on the Dreamcast!

Jarno Kaarinen

Jan 7, 2001, 3:10:13 PM1/7/01
"J Parlee" <lost_...@sympatico.ca> wrote:

>"Wanderer" <nopl...@hell.com> wrote in message

>> Admit it, your a troll. *PLONK*
>>

>Yay! I've been "plonked" and called a troll by someone who insists that an
>electronic device designed specifically to play video games should be called
>a "Personal Computer".

Did you know that Sony tries to export PS2 to Europe as a "personal
computer" because of some tax thingies etc.?

Get this, Wanderer: Sony says ***PS2*** is a PC, not a console.
He he... ;-P

Skye

Jan 7, 2001, 3:34:25 PM1/7/01
And your precious DC sold the worst of all the consoles out now this past
christmas in the US. Land of the DC? I think not, you retard.

Skye

"j03" <eat@j03`Z.c0m> wrote in message

Gary

Jan 7, 2001, 4:01:35 PM1/7/01
I Already Own A DVD Player

Swam Mollen

Jan 7, 2001, 4:47:14 PM1/7/01
Just to illustrate that the PS2 isn't the only console with crap
games.........

http://www.segaweb.com/reviews/dreamcast/deka2.html

"The Final Word: The pace is slow and, save for the objects picked-up and
used as weapons, there is little variety. With games like Powerstone on the
Japanese market, this really looks pale in comparison. Only for big fans of
Die Hard Arcade, I'm afraid"

http://www.zdnet.com/gamespot/stories/reviews/0,10867,2540049,00.html

"ECW Hardcore Revolution isn't a bad game by itself. But it in no way
represents the style of wrestling that the ECW uses. It has absolutely zero
points going for it in the originality department, and the game comes off as
a real slap in the face to the federation's hard-core fans. ECW and its fans
deserve better than this cookie-cutter approach to game design. ECW's
wrestling style isn't the same as the WWF's, and ECW's game shouldn't be
like the WWF's either. Plus, this is the third year that Acclaim has trotted
out the same wrestling engine with a few slight tweaks. It's getting very
old. Fans of ECW would be better served by waiting for Acclaim's next ECW
game, which will use a new (and hopefully more accurate) engine."

http://www.zdnet.com/gamespot/stories/reviews/0,10867,2580808,00.html

" If the game's release had been more timely and the frame rate problems
minimized, it might have been a Spring blockbuster. Unfortunately, these
flaws are all too real, and while the game contains a near-perfect F1
simulation, one has to look past the gripes to enjoy it."

j03

Skye

Jan 7, 2001, 6:28:18 PM1/7/01
Yet couldnt outsell any other console at the busiest shopping time of the
year. Mwahahahaha

0wn3d

Skye

"j03" <eat@j03`Z.c0m> wrote in message

GarganzoBBean

Jan 7, 2001, 7:23:39 PM1/7/01
Where's the proof? I've seen this from you 3x now, but w/ nothing to back
it up. Did you pull that out of your ass or what!?

"Skye" <skye...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Skye

Jan 7, 2001, 7:49:26 PM1/7/01
I wish I could pull that kind of stuff out of my ass, but alas no. It's for
real:

PC Data has released the console sales charts for the week ending December
23, and it was a good week for Sony. Even though the PlayStation 2 was in
limited supply, it still managed to edge out all but the PSOne. It appears
that the Dreamcast failed to capitalize on Sony's production woes and a lack
of any other next-generation competition, falling into last place, behind
even the Nintendo 64 for the week.
a.. PSOne - 292,000 units (34.7% share)
b.. PS2 - 188,000 units (22.4% share)
c.. N64 - 181,000 units (21.5% share)
d.. Dreamcast - 180,000 units (21.4% share)
Skye

"GarganzoBBean" <yade...@yoyoyoma.com> wrote in message

oogabooga

Jan 7, 2001, 8:20:57 PM1/7/01
On Sat, 06 Jan 2001 17:30:06 -0000, Tim <timstill...@aol.com>
wrote:

>FIRST OF ALL, Squaresoft has not AND PROBABLY WILL NOT sign with
>Microsoft. Legend has it that Sony keeps them VERY happy, and as long as
>Final Fantasy and all of the Square titles stay with the Playstion 2, I as
>well, will stay with the PS2. Besides, there are a lot of people who
>LOATHE Microsoft, and having them come around to purchase the X-Box will
>be an interesting challenge.

You do realize that EA and Squaresoft are a partnership, right? There
is no way EA will miss out on the $$ involved in having Square's games
on XBox. As a matter of fact, J Allard as much as said it's going to
happen in last month's Gamer's Republic. As to your "people hate
Microsoft" statement---when Linux outsells Windows I'll take you
seriously. I seriously doubt that the miniscule number of
anti-Microsoft zealots equal a drop in the bucket of potential console
sales.

Wanderer

Jan 7, 2001, 8:56:36 PM1/7/01
Are you simply retarded or did your mother drop you too many times?
You missed the point entirely. By using x86 architecture, all
Microsoft succeeded in doing was make a miniature PC. It is not a
console by any stretch of the imagination. Hence the reason for my
original statement about this x86 PC. Geez, there are some very
sheltered trolls in here...

On Sun, 07 Jan 2001 20:10:12 GMT, Jarno Kaarinen <ja...@remotel.com>

GarganzoBBean

Jan 7, 2001, 9:29:10 PM1/7/01
So you're calling out for a WEEK!? Explain to me PLEASE how you can infer a
whole year, or even season, based on 1 week? Show me 2 and I'd consider
looking at it as a trend, but one week only shows me that this is a biased
view of the facts.

I'm a N64, PS1, DC, and someday PS2 owner, so dont' give me that fanboy
crap - I just hate to see 14-year-olds (who's mommy and daddy would LOVE to
see what they type on here) talk out of their ass.

"Skye" <skye...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Skye

Jan 7, 2001, 9:48:11 PM1/7/01
Jeez, I post a fact, and you ask for proof. I provide the proof and you ask
for more proof. Tough shit, get it your damn self.
I hate it when 12 year olds come here and ask for shit. See, I can do that
age thing too.
Skye

"GarganzoBBean" <yade...@yoyoyoma.com> wrote in message

GarganzoBBean

Jan 7, 2001, 10:53:25 PM1/7/01
So Skye - explain to me:

You said (you can look below) that: "And your precious DC sold the worst of

all the consoles out now this past christmas in the US. Land of the DC?"

I asked for proof.

You send out sales figured for a WEEK!

I'm asking for more proof to justify your statement quantifying the whole
season.

You tell me to get it myself.

Therefore, you have no proof, you are a shill, and an idiot at best, and
dumbass at worst.

As for Children, I've got 'em, you are one, end of story.

<skye...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

GarganzoBBean

Jan 7, 2001, 10:54:44 PM1/7/01
In fact, in another thread (Local Babbages Denounces PS2) you stated that:

> > Actually, the DC got beaten in sales by the PS, PS2, and the N64(!!!
> > Hahahaha) this past Christmas season. How pathetic is that?

Again, we're getting 1 weeks worth of data and you're qualifying that as the
whole season. Now it may be true, but until there's proof, you're nothing
but a poser.

Tomasz Cichon

Jan 7, 2001, 11:57:36 PM1/7/01
What the hell did you find wrong with the DVD playback?? oh, man, have you
even watch a movie or two on PS2?
I have, and there was absolutely nothing wrong with the picture or sound.
Crystal clear, actually.
Go eat shit, man, instead of posting bullshit like that.

J Parlee

Jan 8, 2001, 12:23:34 AM1/8/01

> Are you simply retarded or did your mother drop you too many times?
> You missed the point entirely. By using x86 architecture, all
> Microsoft succeeded in doing was make a miniature PC. It is not a
> console by any stretch of the imagination. Hence the reason for my
> original statement about this x86 PC. Geez, there are some very
> sheltered trolls in here...

But it isn't a PC! They've succeeded in building a console with an X86
architecture...it is not a PC.

Why are you so angry? You are simply mislabelling a piece of hardware and a
few people are attempting to point out your mistake...deal with it.

Jason

Skye

Jan 8, 2001, 12:17:18 AM1/8/01
"Poser". Welcome to the 80s, everybody!

Skye

"GarganzoBBean" <yade...@yoyoyoma.com> wrote in message

Skye

Jan 8, 2001, 12:16:47 AM1/8/01
Allow me to paraphrase what you just said, "I'm a complete fucking moron
that wandered into a thread in which Skye was making an idiotic statement to
counter an idiotic statement made by a dipshit of galactic proportions(j03)
and acted all pissy." Blah blah fuck off

Skye

"GarganzoBBean" <yade...@yoyoyoma.com> wrote in message

alexand...@my-deja.com

Jan 8, 2001, 2:20:07 AM1/8/01
In article <oeif5tk4s2691ec5o...@4ax.com>,

Wanderer <nopl...@hell.com> wrote:
> Admit it, your a troll. *PLONK*

Admit it, anyone that writes *PLONK* is a fucking geek that should
crawl back into the comic book shop they came out from.

Me
www.juicycerebellum.com

richar...@hotmail.com

Jan 8, 2001, 11:04:36 AM1/8/01
And the offtopic posting continues on here, with Omarichu deciding to
turn an X-Box post into a Dreamcast bash session...

omar...@aol.com (Omarichu) wrote:
> >Seriously. I'm really curious.
>

> No you're not. You know the PS2 will be the market leader and are so
threatened
> with the way it's destroyed the DC that you're desperate for
something else to
> come along and kill it. Not going to happen.

And you are so damn bent on seeing Sega drop out of the hardware
business that you can't envision any other scenario than Sony
dominating. "You know that PS2 will be market leader..." is a wish on
your part that you want to believe everyone things Sony will dominate
so your love-hate relationship with Sega is justified. You even
totally discount the price issue when it comes to a console, an issue
that would drive people to pay $20 for a pile of trash called Gameday
on the PS2, instead of the decent Madden title which is twice the money.
Yes, people will buy crap over quality, if it is half the price.

> The Gamecube will also have EA's sports lineup. Pretty much every
system will
> sans the Dreamcast. Apparently you enjoy the thought of the X-Box
having a
> bunch of year-old PS2 games. That's okay. I'm sure they cater to
idiots like
> yourself.
And this point totally passes over your head. Sony will have NEAR
ZERO unique titles for it. Square may be the only thing to keep it
afloat. Buy, you SERIOUSLY think that Sony will rule if their system
is more expensive than others which have similar specs, a greater
marketing budget, and nearly identical titles? You are also under the
delusion that you think major releases will come several years later on
the X-Box than the PS2. Don't bank on it.

> >MGS2 will eventually be available for
> >X-Box.

> No it won't.
And you have not been following the press, have you? I know, you
think MGS on the X-Box will be the original Metal Gear Solid. Of
course, in your dreams this will be so.

> >PS2 will have pretty much no exclusive publishers whatsoever.

> And neither will X-Box. Ignoring the obvious fallacy that third
parties release
> exclusives for each system they support.
And since this is a SEGA newsgroup, time to chime in that the
Dreamcast will get more exclusive title for it than the X-Box or PS2.
Hey, the Gamecube will also. Yippie!

> >And seeing how Microsoft will do everything the PS2 can do, since it
will
> >have a DVD add on and online gaming add ons available at it's launch.
>

> DVD you'll have to pay extra for, for something that literally costs
about $5
> to implement.
More money for Microsoft's bottom line. If they sell the feature
for around $20, they will be selling it for what most people paid to
get a remote for the PS2. Almost no one is using their PS2 control as
a DVD adaptor.

> Take their time? Huh? Sega took a year to get their "network" off the
ground
> and they have a modem built in. Don't rcy.
And Sony has done squat. Microsoft has more experience than Sony in
doing computer networks. Also, you might want to be more creative in
your comebacks. You type "don't cry" so many times, you are now
screwing up in spelling the word cry.

> >And seeing how Microsoft is bending over backwards to make sure that
it's
> >consumers and game publishers are happy.
>

> How so? Paying the idiots at Oddworld to badmouth the PS2? Yeah that
really
> endears them to customers.
Microsoft is such a force, they are also spreading the bucks around
to get unnamed PS2 developers to badmouth the PS2 as being hard to code
for.

> >Meanwhile Sony can't even
> >tell it's customers when the stupid demo CD will be released.
>

> I can imagine the release of the demo is exciting for someone of such
limited
> intelligence as yourself.
Of course, in your case, you like to buy a game without even trying
it first, which fully explains how you keep saying how great the PS2
stuff is before it gets released. I am sure you are getting a big kick
out of playing the imaginary interactive environments in "The Bouncer"
now.

> What mistakes? If the X-Box came out last year, it would've hit a
shortage too.
> Same with the Dreamcast. Grow a brain.
Wow, you are admitting there is as much demand for the X-Box as the
PS2. Amazing. You, of course, don't grasp that Sony is having major
problems getting the exclusive EE chip produced for the PS2, which lead
up to major production problems.

> >shortages which
> >results in unhappy customers and publishers who cannot sell as many
titles
> >as they could have otherwise.
>

> So I guess publishers were pretty pissed off at not selling as many
DC titles
> as they could have at its launch, considering there were *less* DC's
bought
> than PS2's?
Actually, they were more than suprised on how well the DC did when
it was released in the USA.

> >And they will make sure no embarrassments
> >like Gameday 2001 are released for their system.
>

> I guess Madden 2001 being so great really stings, huh?
Shame the crap Gameday at $19.95 outsells it though.

> >"Playstation 2" on the front of the thing, is there any reason
> >that anybody would want to own or buy a PS2 after next fall?
>

> Yep. Third party support. First party projects. An actual future. DVD
playback.
> Backwards compatibility. The market leader. Pretty much the same
reason to get
> it now.
First part projects? What a fricken joke. GT3 is the major one.
The rest pretty much fall under forgettable, which is Sony's style.
Backwards compatibility is so exciting, particularly when a person
already owns the system that has greater compatibility with older
software than the PS2 has. And you bash the Bleemcast for this exact
same thing. In my case, I still am holding on to the PSOne I have,
because at least it plays Toobin' and the PS2 doesn't.

> You're an idiot. Don't cry.
[Plug in one of 5 appropriate comebacks here].

- Richard Hutnik

--

Visit DocReason's Strategy HQ for free games, reviews, and
support and opponent finding for obscure/orphan games at:

Zackman

Jan 9, 2001, 3:35:53 AM1/9/01
Let me get this straight... you think the fact the brand new, massively
hyped, has fanboys creaming their leotards PS2 only outsold the 15-month-old
Dreamcast by EIGHT THOUSAND UNITS in the week before Christmas is something
to BRAG about? LOL! That's PATHETIC!

The PS One sold the most because it's small and cheap and new. And the N64
sold a ton because it's also cheaper than dirt and has the Poketard games
for the chitlins. So out of the two higher-end consoles, the PS2 barely
managed to edge out the DC. If I was Sony, I'd be shitting my pants with
fear right now. The gaming community outside the Sony Fanboy Glee Club (tm)
is tired of Sony's bullshit and hype, and they feel ripped off for buying
into a console with crap games at launch. Developers are tired of
programming for PS2's arcane architecture. Retailers are tired of getting
screwed around and bullied. Mr. Bill may be the devil, but he's smiling
pretty and giving everybody what they want. He will win in the end, believe
you me.

I had low expectations for Xbox, but after seeing the demos at CES I know
there's no reason for me to buy a PS2. I love the latest games for my
Dreamcast, and Xbox not only looks awesome but will have wicked titles right
at launch. The PS2 won't completely tank, it just won't have anything
remotely near the success the PSX did. The reign is over.

-Z-

-[MindF**k]-

Jan 9, 2001, 4:44:05 AM1/9/01

"Zackman" <zac...@SPAMISEVILearthling.net> wrote in message

> Let me get this straight... you think the fact the brand new, massively
> hyped, has fanboys creaming their leotards PS2 only outsold the
15-month-old
> Dreamcast by EIGHT THOUSAND UNITS in the week before Christmas is
something
> to BRAG about? LOL! That's PATHETIC!

Well... add up the cost of those extra 8000 units and you could probably buy
up the entire remaining stock of DC's

> The PS One sold the most because it's small and cheap and new. And the N64
> sold a ton because it's also cheaper than dirt and has the Poketard games
> for the chitlins. So out of the two higher-end consoles, the PS2 barely
> managed to edge out the DC. If I was Sony, I'd be shitting my pants with
> fear right now. The gaming community outside the Sony Fanboy Glee Club
(tm)
> is tired of Sony's bullshit and hype, and they feel ripped off for buying
> into a console with crap games at launch. Developers are tired of
> programming for PS2's arcane architecture. Retailers are tired of getting
> screwed around and bullied. Mr. Bill may be the devil, but he's smiling
> pretty and giving everybody what they want. He will win in the end,
believe
> you me.

Yes... more Illegal Operations, BSOD's, Fatal Exceptions and unsupported
drivers.

stenciL

Jan 9, 2001, 1:58:00 PM1/9/01
Zackman, next time you reply to a post, try to leave your anti-PS2,
pro-DC fanboyism at the door. There's absolutely no way to take this
post seriously, and your logic is completely clouded by your pro-DC
fantasies. Thanks for adding to the trollgrounds, you doorknob.

In article <J3A66.287203$76.78...@news1.rdc1.ab.home.com>, Zackman
<zac...@SPAMISEVILearthling.net> wrote:

With Servers In California, Texas And Virginia - The Worlds Uncensored News Source

terrell gibbs

Jan 9, 2001, 1:16:39 PM1/9/01
In article <935agp$52o$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>, Jordan
<jorda...@my-deja.com> wrote:

> I haven't seen an overwhelming reason to own a PS2 NOW, ditto for the
> XBox.

There's a very good reason *not* to buy the XBox *now* -- you can't.
Of course, that's nearly true for the PS2 as well.

terrell gibbs

Jan 9, 2001, 1:18:31 PM1/9/01
In article <j3ge5tou5o9c04jao...@4ax.com>, Wanderer
<nopl...@hell.com> wrote:

> The X-Box is NOT a console!!! It's a streamlined mini-PC, but IT IS
> NOT A CONSOLE! Why is that so hard to understand?

*All* consoles are streamlined mini-PC's of one kind or another. What
makes them consoles is that their primary intended use is gameplaying.

terrell gibbs

Jan 9, 2001, 1:22:24 PM1/9/01
In article <lp466.27514$NL3.3...@typhoon.southeast.rr.com>, Skye
<skye...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> And your precious DC sold the worst of all the consoles out now this past
> christmas in the US. Land of the DC? I think not, you retard.

All of the consoles sold about equally well--close enough that asking
which one sold the "worst" makes about as much sense as arguing about
who really won in Florida.

bo...@iname.com

Jan 9, 2001, 2:30:17 PM1/9/01
Can you say blue screen of death?

X-Boy wrote:

> Seriously. I'm really curious.
>

> Seeing how the X-box will have a superior version of pretty much every
game
> the PS2 will have after Square officially signs on board for the X-Box,
> including the full EA sports lineup. Even Crash Bandicoot, Sony's one
time

> mascot, will be available for X-Box. MGS2 will eventually be available
for

> X-Box. PS2 will have pretty much no exclusive publishers whatsoever.
> Except for 989 studios, but then I heard Microsoft has paid them big
bucks
> not to make any games for the X-Box and stay as far away as possible.
>

> And seeing how Microsoft will do everything the PS2 can do, since it will
> have a DVD add on and online gaming add ons available at it's launch.

> Unlike Sony which feels they can release online gaming add ons whenever
the
> hell they feel like it and take their time.
>

> And seeing how Microsoft is bending over backwards to make sure that it's

> consumers and game publishers are happy. Working with publishers as they
> are making games and communicating to their potential customers instead
of
> this wall of silence Sony has around it. Check out X-Box.com and you'll
> find a wealth of information and newsletter you can sign up for...all
over a

> year before the machine is due to be released. Meanwhile Sony can't even

> tell it's customers when the stupid demo CD will be released.
>

> And seeing how Microsoft is watching all of Sony's mistakes to make sure
> they will not repeat them next year. They are planning for their launch

> year ahead of time to make sure there are no stupid hardware shortages

which
> results in unhappy customers and publishers who cannot sell as many
titles

> as they could have otherwise. And they will make sure no embarrassments

> like Gameday 2001 are released for their system.
>

> I realize there are a lot of people that won't buy an X-Box simply due to
> the fact that it is from Microsoft, same as some people won't buy a DC
since
> it's from Sega. I know that probably won't change. But otherwise,
besides
> the words "Playstation 2" on the front of the thing, is there any reason
> that anybody would want to own or buy a PS2 after next fall? If I'm
> missing something please let me know.

Mark

Jan 9, 2001, 11:39:46 PM1/9/01
Here's what I am planning to buy in no particular order:
PSone
PS 2
X-Box
Game Cube
Dreamcast
Nintendo 64
Saturn
3DO
Jaguar
CD-I
Turbo Duo
Genesis III
Super Nintendo
NES(the upright one)
Sega Master System
PC Engine
Super Famicom
Megadrive
Atari 2600, 5200, and 7800
Odyssey 1 & 2
And a bunch more that I forgot about because I am too old.
Either way, they are great reasons to own(even if they haven't come out yet)
all these systems. My problem is I keep waiting for the next great thing to
come out so I cannot purchase anything now! Have you seen those specs on
Playstation 3? Damn Gina X-box is dead! But wait...Dreamcast 2 should come
out too soon as it has been in the makings for over a year now. For me, I
have to get back to my game of Pong on my TI-85.
Later
fas...@my-deja.com wrote in message <93aeur$uo8$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>...
>No
>

>In article <lnm56.150756$7I.14...@typhoon.nyroc.rr.com>,

Anthony

Jan 10, 2001, 12:05:28 AM1/10/01

Zackman <zac...@SPAMISEVILearthling.net> wrote in message
> Let me get this straight... you think the fact the brand new, massively
> hyped, has fanboys creaming their leotards PS2 only outsold the
15-month-old
> Dreamcast by EIGHT THOUSAND UNITS in the week before Christmas is
something
> to BRAG about? LOL! That's PATHETIC!

Wait..... THE DC DIDN'T EVEN OUTSELL THE NINTENDO 64.

There.... shot down....

And just as to why the PSOne sold so much and the PS2 so little is the same
reason. PS2 shortages. People couldn't buy PS2's (limiting the number sold
already) and probably some idiots saw "Playstation" on the PSOne box and
thought "dis is dat thing dey was talking about on dat der picture box
thang".

~Anthony

Emery Calame

Jan 10, 2001, 4:18:53 AM1/10/01

"Anthony" <Free...@home.com.nospam> wrote in message

> Wait..... THE DC DIDN'T EVEN OUTSELL THE NINTENDO 64.
>
> There.... shot down....
>
> And just as to why the PSOne sold so much and the PS2 so little is the
same
> reason. PS2 shortages. People couldn't buy PS2's (limiting the number
sold
> already) and probably some idiots saw "Playstation" on the PSOne box and
> thought "dis is dat thing dey was talking about on dat der picture box
> thang".
>
> ~Anthony

So uh...your saying that Sony makes machines that are particularly "idiot
friendly" ? :)

Well that's a spin I hadn't expected...."Our system appeals to the powerful
idiot market! We're currently #1 in product mindshare amongst male idiots
16-25.Thankfully our competitors SEGA and Nintendo failed to break in with
their less idiot oriented products though Nintendo did show a bit more of
flair for garnering idiot interest than SEGA did. Furthermore we are
disturbed that our second generation console was less suitable for idiots
than it's much preferred predecessor...."

Emery
palae...@excite.com

terrell gibbs

Jan 11, 2001, 4:04:55 PM1/11/01
In article <s4S66.120858$59.33...@news3.rdc1.on.home.com>, Anthony
<Free...@home.com.nospam> wrote:

> And just as to why the PSOne sold so much and the PS2 so little is the same
> reason. PS2 shortages.

Yeah, and that's also the reason the X-Box didn't outsell the PS2 ths
Xmas--product shortage.

Thomas

Jan 11, 2001, 11:29:59 PM1/11/01
LOL!!! "chitlins" LOL!!!

GarganzoBBean

Jan 19, 2001, 2:38:51 AM1/19/01
Hey - if the shoe fits. So you call me on saying "Poser" but still have yet
to respond to teh question. OH well, there will always be usenet posters
hiding everywhere who take out their teenage angst and frustration at Mommy
not letting them use the car here!

"Skye" <skye...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

GarganzoBBean

Jan 19, 2001, 2:39:21 AM1/19/01
OH man - you are a tool aren't you! Still waiting on the hard facts Flye.

"Skye" <skye...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Skye

Jan 19, 2001, 8:19:20 AM1/19/01
Mommy drove a piece of crap. It was daddy's car I wanted to drive.

Skye

"GarganzoBBean" <yade...@yoyoyoma.com> wrote in message

Skye

Jan 19, 2001, 8:20:37 AM1/19/01
No, still waiting for you to take your dipshit self to the many online sites
and check for your damn self. I posted the facts once. If you want more, get
your lazy fat ass up and get 'em yo' damn 'self.

Skye

"GarganzoBBean" <yade...@yoyoyoma.com> wrote in message

GarganzoBBean

Jan 19, 2001, 4:28:34 PM1/19/01
You posted facts showing ONE WEEK of data. So therefore, your contention
that teh DC is dead is inconclusive because you coudlnt' show real proof.

Here's the problem - gaming machines are as good as the games. Right now I
have a DC, N64, and still play my PSx. If I could find my SNES I'd probl.
have that hooked up as well. When teh PS2 matures I may end up getting it
if the games are great. I'll do the same comparison w/ the xBox and the GC.

So Skye, pull the cucumber out of your ass and relax.

The problem on USENET is that people seem to think since they can hide
behind a hotmail account and a fake name they can take out all their
frustrations on others. It's just sad.

"Skye" <skye...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

frankie_...@innocent.com

Jan 23, 2001, 10:05:10 AM1/23/01

I'm getting deja vu.

This post is an example of what is wrong with gaming.

If people made purchase decisions based on games and quality rather
than HYPE and brand loyalty...

frankie_...@innocent.com

Jan 23, 2001, 10:18:39 AM1/23/01

omar...@aol.com (Omarichu) wrote:
> >Seriously. I'm really curious.
>
> No you're not. You know the PS2 will be the market leader and are so
threatened
> with the way it's destroyed the DC that you're desperate for
something else to
> come along and kill it. Not going to happen.

Wow you really are a funny guy.

The only thing the PS2 has destroyed is:-

a) people's confidence in the PlayStation brand

b) people's bank balances

c) people's expectations

> Yep. Third party support.

Whoopee! Lacklustre licenses and sequels.

Assuming anybody besides Konami learns how to program the thing any
time soon. Hope you have those fingers crossed, Omar.

> First party projects.

Hmmm... faceless first party Sony games. Like that great looking
Exterminator title, huh?

The excitement is killing me.

> An actual future.

Just keep telling yourself that. Like you were taught in Sony
Brainwash camp.

> DVD playback.

Commenting on this would be pointless. Everyone knows about the PS2's
wonderful DVD playback feature by now.

> Backwards compatibility.

It's just as well. Without that, there wouldn't be anything to play on
the machine.

> The market leader.

Meaningless. Nintendo was the market leader once. Where are they now?
Shunted to third place through their own cockiness and arrogance.

Hmm.. do I see a pattern emerging?