Sega sells off Visual Concepts

1 view

Rade...@yahoo.com

Jan 24, 2005, 8:40:02 PM1/24/05
http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/01/24/news_6117016.html

Sega officially out of the sports game

The Japanese publisher confirms it has sold off Visual Concepts and its
Kush subsidiary for a bargain price of $24 million.
When Sega entered into an agreement with Take-Two Interactive to
copublish its line of ESPN sports games last year, many industry
watchers suspected the publisher was planning to sell off its internal
sports studio, Visual Concepts. Those suspicions were confirmed just
before Christmas when it was revealed that part of the codistribution
deal allowed Take-Two to buy Visual Concepts, should it choose to do
so.

Today, it appears the publisher has chosen to do just that. Following
this morning's announcement that Take-Two had secured exclusive
third-party publishing rights from the Major League Baseball Players'
Association, Sega confirmed to GameSpot that it is selling Visual
Concepts to Take-Two.

According to sources, Sega parted with the critically esteemed
developer of ESPN NFL 2K5 and ESPN NBA 2K5 for just $24 million. That
very low-sounding price is likely due to Electronic Arts' impending
monopoly of NFL game rights and its 15-year exclusivity deal with ESPN,
whose high-profile brand name will no longer give Visual Concepts'
games instant recognition.

Though the exact terms of the deal were not disclosed, Take-Two will
become the sole owner of Visual Concepts. It will also own VC's Kush
Games subsidiary, which developed ESPN NHL 2K5 and ESPN Major League
Baseball 2K5. Presumably, the studio will also create Take-Two's
upcoming pro baseball game.

GameSpot will have more information on this story as it becomes
available

benstylus

Jan 24, 2005, 10:36:38 PM1/24/05
Looks like comcast finally shut off Xenon's access, so he/she's going
through google now.

Now commencing forwarding of these irrelevant crossposts to
groups...@google.com - then adding this new address to my killfile.

BelPowerslave

Jan 24, 2005, 10:59:49 PM1/24/05
benstylus wrote:

I'd say "good", but now that he's on Google we'll *never* stop him.
Google doesn't even remotely seem to give a fuck about spammers... :(

Bel

--

Whip Ass Gaming: http://www.whipassgaming.com/

Leela - "Fry, we have a crate to deliver."

Fry - "Well let's just dump it in the sewer and say we delivered it."

Bender - "Too much work, let's burn it and say we dumped it in the
sewer."

- Futurama, The Series Has Landed

benstylus

Jan 24, 2005, 11:04:58 PM1/24/05
BelPowerslave wrote:

> I'd say "good", but now that he's on Google we'll *never* stop him.
> Google doesn't even remotely seem to give a fuck about spammers... :(
>
> Bel

From google:

"While we understand how annoying off-topic posts can be, we aren't able
to pursue most complaints we receive about them."

Well, at least of Xenon/Radeon keeps his/her current email address then
my newsreader will never pick up another of his/her posts.

BelPowerslave

Jan 25, 2005, 2:22:19 AM1/25/05
benstylus wrote:

I wish that Google groups wouldn't allow crossposting of any kind, like,
you couldn't even reply to a post that was crossposted. That'd really kill
Xenon/Radeon/Cygnus/whatever fucking dumbass name he's using this
month/etc. Though he could still post his "wonderful" cut and paste jobs,
they wouldn't get near the responses they do now simply because most
people(especially here) wouldn't give a fuck about whatever the new
Nintendo system is going to be, etc.

Joe and Liz

Jan 25, 2005, 5:51:33 AM1/25/05
Video game publisher Take-Two Interactive Software Inc. has signed an
exclusive seven-year licensing deal with the union representing Major League
Baseball players, the union said Monday.

The Major League Baseball Players Association said the deal makes Take-Two
the only independent publisher authorized by the union to produce baseball
video games for current- and next-generation console and handheld platforms.
But game console manufacturers would still have the right to produce their
own baseball titles, the union said, and Take-Two rival Electronic Arts Inc.
said it was looking into the possibility of a publisher tying up with a
hardware maker on a baseball game.

The Take-Two deal with the players union starts with the 2006 season,
although it was not clear whether the game developer had a licensing
relationship with Major League Baseball itself for that season and beyond. A
spokesman for the league was not immediately available to comment.

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/6862138/

Kendrick Kerwin Chua

Jan 25, 2005, 6:49:10 AM1/25/05
In article <41F5F3AB...@ev1.net>,

BelPowerslave <belpow...@ev1.net> wrote:
>benstylus wrote:
>> BelPowerslave wrote:
>>
>> > I'd say "good", but now that he's on Google we'll *never* stop him.
>> > Google doesn't even remotely seem to give a fuck about spammers... :(
>>
>> Well, at least of Xenon/Radeon keeps his/her current email address then
>> my newsreader will never pick up another of his/her posts.
>
>I wish that Google groups wouldn't allow crossposting of any kind, like,
>you couldn't even reply to a post that was crossposted. That'd really kill
>Xenon/Radeon/Cygnus/whatever fucking dumbass name he's using this
>month/etc. Though he could still post his "wonderful" cut and paste jobs,

It would be criminal of me to suggest that someone strip the header
information from one of Radeon/Xenon's posts to determine his IP of
origin. It'd be illegal to use administrative tools to determnie the make
and model of his cable modem and his internal router. It'd be downright
nasty to take advantage of well-documented flaws in this hardware to
interfere with his ability to use the Internet and to post his
advertising. :)

I'll say what I've always said about him... He can post what he wants. But
in the face of all this hostility, I'm surprised he has the chutzpah to
continue doing so.

-KKC, woo, new .sig file.
--
--S.S.B. is the code name for America's daring, highly | kendrick @io .com
trained special mission force. Its purpose: to |

BelPowerslave

Jan 25, 2005, 10:57:40 AM1/25/05
> >I wish that Google groups wouldn't allow crossposting of any kind, like,
> >you couldn't even reply to a post that was crossposted. That'd really kill
> >Xenon/Radeon/Cygnus/whatever fucking dumbass name he's using this
> >month/etc. Though he could still post his "wonderful" cut and paste jobs,
>
> It would be criminal of me to suggest that someone strip the header
> information from one of Radeon/Xenon's posts to determine his IP of
> origin. It'd be illegal to use administrative tools to determnie the make
> and model of his cable modem and his internal router. It'd be downright
> nasty to take advantage of well-documented flaws in this hardware to
> interfere with his ability to use the Internet and to post his
> advertising. :)

Well....perhaps so....but it also puts the idea out there...and archived
forever more in Google Groups so that someone with the know-how may, at some
point, attempt it. :)

> I'll say what I've always said about him... He can post what he wants. But
> in the face of all this hostility, I'm surprised he has the chutzpah to
> continue doing so.

That's what attention whores do though...they don't care what consequences may
come of it...the attention is all they think about. What kills me about
jackass/Xenon/Cygnus/Radeon, like you said, is that he mostly seems to get his
ass whooped for these posts, which I would think would really put a damper on
his mood...but then again, he crossposts so he can start flamewars...so the
attacks he receives, he probably loves.

At any rate, I still continually wish that wild apes would break his fucking
hands....

Bel

"Do not eat iPod shuffle."
- Apple Computers

Robert P Holley

Jan 25, 2005, 11:46:33 AM1/25/05

I know google doesn't allow for posting to more than five groups at a
time, so that should help a little.

Rade...@yahoo.com

Jan 25, 2005, 12:43:50 PM1/25/05

wrong asshole.

i was simply posting from google since it was easier at the moment.
take your idiocy and shove it.

Rade...@yahoo.com

Jan 25, 2005, 12:46:24 PM1/25/05

I wish that a rabid dog bites you in the nads and that everyone is out
of stock of rabies shots. that'll shut you up.

BelPowerslave

Jan 25, 2005, 1:59:29 PM1/25/05
Robert P Holley wrote:

Well, I don't know about that....I mean, it'll help a little, I guess...but
to get around it all he has to do is make two separate posts when he wants
to spam the entire rgv/alt.games hierarchy. See, if they cut it down to a
single group, then he'd have to make 5 to 7 separate posts, and seeing as
they'd all be duplicate, Google may actually do something to him for that.

Bel
--
Whip Ass Gaming: http://www.whipassgaming.com/

"Do not eat iPod shuffle."
- Apple Computers

x56h34

Jan 25, 2005, 2:46:44 PM1/25/05
> I wish that a rabid dog bites you in the nads and that everyone is out
> of stock of rabies shots. that'll shut you up.

Hey, I just looked at Bel's eBay feedback and it seems that recently he bid
and won on an auction for a pack of wild gorillas. I wonder what he needs
them for?

BelPowerslave

Jan 25, 2005, 3:02:41 PM1/25/05
> Radeon/Cygnus/Xenon/Ass Licker/crossposting attention whore wrote:
>
> > I wish that a rabid dog bites you in the nads and that everyone is out
> > of stock of rabies shots. that'll shut you up.

Ah, come on now Radeon....just because I think you're the worse piece of shit
on usenet(yes, even higher on the scale than Skye or even Blig Merk)...there's
no reason we can't be friends. BTW, suck my penis. :)

> x56h34 wrote:
>

> Hey, I just looked at Bel's eBay feedback and it seems that recently he bid
> and won on an auction for a pack of wild gorillas. I wonder what he needs
> them for?

Well, I'd been looking at that pack for quite sometime...when the desc. stated
that they had been repeatedly beaten by large men...with large hands, I knew I
had found what I was looking for. God knows they'd love some payback...and
there's one set of hands on usenet I'd love to let them loose on. ;)

x56h34

Jan 25, 2005, 3:17:25 PM1/25/05
> Well, I'd been looking at that pack for quite sometime...when the desc.
stated
> that they had been repeatedly beaten by large men...with large hands, I
knew I
> had found what I was looking for. God knows they'd love some payback...and
> there's one set of hands on usenet I'd love to let them loose on. ;)

And they came with a free gold SNES, too, so it was definitely a once in a
lifetime opportunity. ;-)

BelPowerslave

Jan 25, 2005, 3:49:45 PM1/25/05

Well, they said it was "gold" but it looked more like banana rind to me...;)

Kendrick Kerwin Chua

Jan 25, 2005, 6:45:52 PM1/25/05
In article <1106675030....@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>,

<Rade...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>benstylus wrote:
>> Looks like comcast finally shut off Xenon's access, so he/she's going
>
>> through google now.
>>
>> Now commencing forwarding of these irrelevant crossposts to
>> groups...@google.com - then adding this new address to my
>
>wrong asshole.
>
>i was simply posting from google since it was easier at the moment.
>take your idiocy and shove it.

I'm gonna give this the old college try...

Radeon, can I politely ask a favor, please? I'd personally appreciate it
if you would refrain from personal attacks against other posters on Usenet
newsgroups. Not only is this against the charters of most rec.* and alt.*
groups, but it generally does not add to your credibility or your
legitimacy as a provider of news information. You're free to respond to
praise or to criticism any way you like, but I believe that polite
disagreement will do more good than hostility and profanity.

That's just my opinion, and you're free to disagree. But I would be more
inclined to read and enjoy your posts if you practiced a little restraint
and treated others with more respect. Please think about it.

-KKC, who does this sort of thing about once a month.

BelPowerslave

Jan 25, 2005, 7:11:23 PM1/25/05
> In article <1106675030....@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>,
> <Rade...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >benstylus wrote:
> >> Looks like comcast finally shut off Xenon's access, so he/she's going
> >
> >> through google now.
> >>
> >> Now commencing forwarding of these irrelevant crossposts to
> >> groups...@google.com - then adding this new address to my
> >
> >wrong asshole.
> >
> >i was simply posting from google since it was easier at the moment.
> >take your idiocy and shove it.

I love how Radeon/Xenon/jerkoff/Cygnus/etc. has the nerve to attack *anyone*
when he's the one constantly being the ass. Of course, I guess this gives
momma's little boy more of the attention he so badly needs...

Bel

--

Leela - "Fry, we have a crate to deliver."

benstylus

Jan 25, 2005, 8:04:49 PM1/25/05

<Rade...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>>benstylus wrote:
>>
>>>Looks like comcast finally shut off Xenon's access, so he/she's going
>>
>>>through google now.
>>>
>>>Now commencing forwarding of these irrelevant crossposts to
>>>groups...@google.com - then adding this new address to my
>>
>>wrong asshole.

Nope, I'm pretty sure I'm reporting the right one.

RedFox

Feb 7, 2005, 5:00:39 AM2/7/05
"BelPowerslave" <belpow...@ev1.net> wrote

>> I'll say what I've always said about him... He can post what he wants.
>> But
>> in the face of all this hostility, I'm surprised he has the chutzpah to
>> continue doing so.
>>

> That's what attention whores do though...they don't care what consequences
> may
> come of it...the attention is all they think about.

No offence to you Bell, but that is exactly what you are giving him right
now. Best thing to do is ignore him rather than insult his posts.

Just my opinion :)

BelPowerslave

Feb 7, 2005, 11:14:57 AM2/7/05

Well....yes and no....you see, his post was originally crossposted 5 different
newsgroups...I cut it so all replies would go to just this one, where virtually
everyone hates him. So, yes, we're giving him a little bit of the attention he
so badly seems to need....but no, it's not the kind of attention he's going to
want. ;)

Bel
--

"Row, row, row your boat gently down the stream...whoa, I think my dingy
hanging out!