Sony: two versions of PS3 available

1 view

R420

Apr 2, 2004, 12:20:41 PM4/2/04
SCEE president: There'll be two revs of PS3 available

SCEE president and COO David Reeves has indicated that PSP games will
probably be region-free, that PS3 will be intrinsically linked with
PSX and may appear in home server and standalone gaming versions, and
that Sony may announce a stripped down, PSone-style PlayStation 2
product at this year's Electronic Entertainment Expo.

In a revealing interview with the official PlayStation website, Reeves
spoke candidly about Sony's hopes and ambitions for its key gaming
products, and cleared up a number of issues surrounding each of them.

Reeves further suggested that in addition to a PlayStation 3
"intrinsically linked with PSX", "also there might be a normal PS3 for
gamers, who just want to play the movies and have better games." The
"home server" version of PlayStation 3, which has "all-singing,
all-dancing features with maybe a hard disk drive", could retail for
"whatever it might be, 600 or 700 Euros" according to Reeves, while
the alternative might be for people who "just [want] to pay 200 Euros
for a new generation games machine".

Lighting the fuse on SCEA's E3 presentation, Reeves also indicated
that PSX and PSP might not be alone on the podium. "Something we
haven't talked about, is that we made a change from PlayStation to
PSone, so we may, in the course of time, make some cosmetic changes to
PlayStation 2 and come out with something that's a little bit sexier,
but probably no changes to specs or anything like that."

"Looking further ahead, Reeves spoke about Sony's "ultimate goal" for
PlayStation 3 - "to get into electronic broadband distribution". By
2006, at which point Reeves says all Sony's current crop of hardware
products should be available, the platform holder hopes we'll have
always online access and viable broadband distribution."

Ted

Apr 2, 2004, 1:31:57 PM4/2/04
This does not belong in rgvs, you crossposting fuck. I count 11 offtopic
posts like this from you since late January. Stop it.

BelPowerslave

Apr 2, 2004, 3:32:56 PM4/2/04
Ted wrote:

> This does not belong in rgvs, you crossposting fuck. I count 11 offtopic
> posts like this from you since late January. Stop it.

He never will...he's one of the biggest pieces of crossposting shit *ever*.

I almost like the conventional trolls a little bit more....I mean, at least, at some
point they go away....Radeon always here, unfortunately.

Bel

Robert P Holley

Apr 2, 2004, 3:55:28 PM4/2/04
BelPowerslave wrote:
> Ted wrote:
>
>> This does not belong in rgvs, you crossposting fuck. I count 11
>> offtopic posts like this from you since late January. Stop it.
>>

> He never will...he's one of the biggest pieces of crossposting shit
> *ever*.
>
> I almost like the conventional trolls a little bit more....I mean, at
> least, at some point they go away....Radeon always here,
> unfortunately.

Isn't this dude the old Cygnus Bringer of Balance?
--
This signature brought to you by OE-QuoteFix

Ted

Apr 2, 2004, 4:39:45 PM4/2/04

BelPowerslave wrote:

> Ted wrote:
>
> > This does not belong in rgvs, you crossposting fuck. I count 11 offtopic
> > posts like this from you since late January. Stop it.
> >

> He never will...he's one of the biggest pieces of crossposting shit *ever*.
>
> I almost like the conventional trolls a little bit more....I mean, at least, at some
> point they go away....Radeon always here, unfortunately.

Maybe if we keep sending groups...@google.com his messages with full
headers they'll ban his IP address or something...

Andrew Ryan Chang

Apr 2, 2004, 5:17:40 PM4/2/04
Robert P Holley <holl...@delanet.com> wrote:
>Isn't this dude the old Cygnus Bringer of Balance?

I think so. The "PowerPC 603e" username, too.

--
The things you own end up owning you.
-- Tyler Durden, FIGHT CLUB (1999)

BelPowerslave

Apr 2, 2004, 5:29:53 PM4/2/04
Ted wrote:

I've been reporting him since the beginning of time...they just don't seem to care... :(

Bel

--
Whip Ass Gaming: http://www.whipassgaming.com/
or http://users2.ev1.net/~belpowerslave/

"Today I fly over Eu-Mei. Tomorrow... I'll kick over Wudan Mountain!"
- Jen, Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon

BelPowerslave

Apr 2, 2004, 5:30:10 PM4/2/04
Andrew Ryan Chang wrote:

Yep, he's got about 3 personalities...all trolls too...

Beck

Apr 4, 2004, 7:38:55 AM4/4/04

"R420" <radeo...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

___
> SCEE president: There'll be two revs of PS3 available
>
> SCEE president and COO David Reeves has indicated that PSP games will
> probably be region-free, that PS3 will be intrinsically linked with
> PSX and may appear in home server and standalone gaming versions, and
> that Sony may announce a stripped down, PSone-style PlayStation 2
> product at this year's Electronic Entertainment Expo.
>
> In a revealing interview with the official PlayStation website, Reeves
> spoke candidly about Sony's hopes and ambitions for its key gaming
> products, and cleared up a number of issues surrounding each of them.
>

> Reeves further suggested that in addition to a PlayStation 3
> "intrinsically linked with PSX", "also there might be a normal PS3 for
> gamers, who just want to play the movies and have better games." The
> "home server" version of PlayStation 3, which has "all-singing,
> all-dancing features with maybe a hard disk drive", could retail for
> "whatever it might be, 600 or 700 Euros" according to Reeves, while
> the alternative might be for people who "just [want] to pay 200 Euros
> for a new generation games machine".

I think this is an excellent idea. I want a machine that will play games
only. I dont want to have to pay for features that I dont want to use.
Having 2 products means they can aim it at different markets. The people
that want an all round entertainment console will get their wish, and others
like me who just want the games will get theirs. It hits a perfect medium
and means that it will keep the price of the basic console down.

Jordan Lund

Apr 5, 2004, 12:14:06 PM4/5/04
"Beck" <beck...@removebtopenworld.com> wrote in message news:<c4os4e$e2u$1...@titan.btinternet.com>...

> I think this is an excellent idea. I want a machine that will play games
> only. I dont want to have to pay for features that I dont want to use.

This really isn't anything new... they're doing it right now with the
PS2 and the PSX.

PSX here:

http://www.ncsxshop.com/cgi-bin/shop/DESR-7000.html

- Jordan