Linux for GBA?

1 view

Kwiter

Jul 17, 2005, 11:44:53 AM7/17/05
Hi folks, I heard a rumour that there's a way to install Linux for
Gameboy, I have a GBA Movie Player so have something to install with
but need the "linux on GBA for dummies" info, anyone know where to get
something like this?

also once Linux is running is there a multimedia player for it so I
don't have to convert my movies to the GBA Movie Player format? Even if
just for MP3 is ok with me ;-)

Nia:wen kowa Many Thanks

http://kwiter.webhop.org
http://www.cafepress.com/ohkwari (T shirts and other Native Art
decorated objects)

ShinraSoldier3

Jul 17, 2005, 3:00:06 PM7/17/05
There's a method of installing Linux onto a GBA cartridge, but it is a
Linux version from the 70's, from my understanding. ..which means that
I doubt it will be able to read your movie/sound formats. There is,
however, a GBA 'OS' that you can install if you have a flascart (of
course). You can find it on http://www.gameboy-advance.net/

Kwiter

Jul 17, 2005, 3:24:16 PM7/17/05
Ahhh didn't know it was an ancient version. Any idea if the "OS" would
work via the GBA Movie Player?

Nia:wen Thank you.