Omar getting attention

JAnder0011

Jan 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/5/99
You know what...I bet this kid would leave this board if people just ignore him
and let him be immature....I admit to posting a message about him, but all it
did was get him more attention...I think he would leave the boards if he wasn't
talked about between 5 messages on the boards....

HEY BTBM

Jan 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/5/99
I agree 100%. Omar said himself that he posts just to "get to" everyone. The
thing I don't understand is why. Why does he spend all this time posting
messages on his computer just to insult total strangers? Doesn't he have
anything else going on in his life?

AOL people...just put Omar in your kill-file. That way, none of his posts show
up when you read newsgroups. It's nice to read this group Omar-Free. He can
respond to this posting with all the insults he wants...but I'll never see
them.

Aaron.

Dennis Bijlsma

Jan 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/5/99
to JAnder0011

I think this Last Omar dude is pretty funny!

ArkhamAsylum

Jan 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/5/99

>> You know what...I bet this kid would leave this board if people just
ignore him
>> and let him be immature....I admit to posting a message about him, but
all it
>> did was get him more attention...I think he would leave the boards if he
wasn't
>> talked about between 5 messages on the boards....

Where's your humanity? Here is this poor, lonely, sad old git with nothing
but his computer for company...so desperate for attention that he insults
people across three newsgroups (he tries the odd sincere comment, but nobody
ever responds). Shouldn't we at least reach out and tell him what an idiot
he is...in the name of decency.

Gargantua Blargg

Jan 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/5/99
jande...@aol.com (JAnder0011) wrote:

> You know what...I bet this kid would leave this board if people just
ignore him
> and let him be immature...

Judging by this posting, I guess you don't want that?

> I admit to posting a message about him, but all it
> did was get him more attention..

Seems you didn't learn, either. Here you are again.

> I think he would leave the boards if he wasn't
> talked about between 5 messages on the boards....

OK. This is a troll/joke/sarcastic post. I gotcha. Funny.

--
IF YOU DON'T THINK FOR YOURSELF, SOMEONE ELSE WILL

Gargantua Blargg | bla...@flash.net | http://www.flash.net/~blargg/

Gargantua Blargg

Jan 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/5/99
In article <19990105003058...@ng112.aol.com>, hey...@aol.com
(HEY BTBM) wrote:

> I agree 100%. Omar said himself that he posts just to "get to" everyone. The
> thing I don't understand is why. Why does he spend all this time posting
> messages on his computer just to insult total strangers? Doesn't he have
> anything else going on in his life?
>
> AOL people...just put Omar in your kill-file.

Doesn't help. Everyone responds to him (case in point).

> That way, none of his posts show
> up when you read newsgroups. It's nice to read this group Omar-Free. He can
> respond to this posting with all the insults he wants...but I'll never see
> them.

Or you could use some self-control and just not read or reply to them? Not
react to them? Nahhh, that would require some personal responsibility.

Message has been deleted

Slick69

Jan 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/5/99
I personally think that because kids were beat more often back in the 1940's
and 1950's, people felt comfortable leaving their doors unlocked at night
while they slept. And caramel apples, brownies, and fudge was *never*
x-rayed in order to check for pins / glass shards.

Too many kids not getting beat enough....that's part of the problem. Not
too much, and not too little......it's really a fine line. But in the end,
the 'time out' thing works only to an extent....at that point, the belt
usually comes in handy.....

Kids........mine behave. Do yours? (Similar to the 10:00pm news motto,
'It's 10 o'clock. Do you know where your children are?')

Ed

Gregory Krykewycz wrote in message <76tghs$me4$1...@netnews.upenn.edu>...
>Or maybe he'd stop visiting the NG so frequently if there were some small
>chance that he could get a date in the next five years. Wayyyy too much
>free time.
>

>JAnder0011 wrote in message <19990104234000...@ng04.aol.com>...

>>You know what...I bet this kid would leave this board if people just
ignore
>him

>>and let him be immature....I admit to posting a message about him, but all
>it
>>did was get him more attention...I think he would leave the boards if he

Gargantua Blargg

Jan 6, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/6/99
In article <76u9er$13a$4...@ionews.ionet.net>, "Slick69" <teke...@usa.net> wrote:

> I personally think that because kids were beat more often back in the 1940's
> and 1950's, people felt comfortable leaving their doors unlocked at night
> while they slept. And caramel apples, brownies, and fudge was *never*
> x-rayed in order to check for pins / glass shards.
>
> Too many kids not getting beat enough....that's part of the problem. Not
> too much, and not too little......it's really a fine line. But in the end,
> the 'time out' thing works only to an extent....at that point, the belt
> usually comes in handy.....
>
> Kids........mine behave. Do yours? (Similar to the 10:00pm news motto,
> 'It's 10 o'clock. Do you know where your children are?')

Boy, you sound like a backward-thinking person. I assume you're also
racist, homophobic, and religious. Are you being sarcastic?

HEY BTBM

Jan 6, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/6/99
>Or you could use some self-control and just not read or reply to them? Not
>react to them? Nahhh, that would require some personal responsibility.

For your information, AOL does not allow people to view the authors of a
posting without clicking on it. I have no idea what posts are Omars and what
posts aren't...unless I click on them. By putting his name in my kill-file,
the program deletes any postings writen by him right from the start.

I don't know about you, but my "personal responsibility" is to not waste time
on reading crap I could care less about.

As to reacting to him...that was my first and last post about Omar (aka: Mr.
Waytomuchfreetime) The End.

Aaron.

Slick69

Jan 6, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/6/99
Good Lord, no!
(to the rest; not the sarcastic remarks....) =)

But now I'm curious. Which statements led you to assume (incorrectly) that
I am racist and homophobic? Maybe masochist (the belt....), or perhaps
strict....possibly even an overbearing, egomaniacal father......

But I find an extremist point of view, or approach, can sometimes result in
someone actually revealing their personality. This is especially true of
written correspondence, when inflection and tone cannot be directly
determined. Experience is often the difference between a child and an
adult.....

But nonetheless, my children behave..... =)

(and since this is a game forum....)

Has anyone received a version 2.2 gameshark yet?

Ed

Gargantua Blargg

Jan 6, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/6/99
In article <76v5uc$9di$1...@ionews.ionet.net>, "Slick69" <teke...@usa.net> wrote:

> Gargantua Blargg wrote in message ...
> >In article <76u9er$13a$4...@ionews.ionet.net>, "Slick69" <teke...@usa.net>
> wrote:
> >
> >> I personally think that because kids were beat more often back in the
> 1940's
> >> and 1950's, people felt comfortable leaving their doors unlocked at night
> >> while they slept. And caramel apples, brownies, and fudge was *never*
> >> x-rayed in order to check for pins / glass shards.
> >>
> >> Too many kids not getting beat enough....that's part of the problem. Not
> >> too much, and not too little......it's really a fine line. But in the
> end,
> >> the 'time out' thing works only to an extent....at that point, the belt
> >> usually comes in handy.....
> >>
> >> Kids........mine behave. Do yours? (Similar to the 10:00pm news motto,
> >> 'It's 10 o'clock. Do you know where your children are?')
> >
> >Boy, you sound like a backward-thinking person. I assume you're also
> >racist, homophobic, and religious. Are you being sarcastic?
>

> Good Lord, no!
> (to the rest; not the sarcastic remarks....) =)
>
> But now I'm curious. Which statements led you to assume (incorrectly) that
> I am racist and homophobic? Maybe masochist (the belt....), or perhaps
> strict....possibly even an overbearing, egomaniacal father......

You sound backwards-thinking because you believe that violently forcing
humans into submission is a reasonable way to interact with them. I
extrapolated that this religious-sounding idea would have others along
with it.

> But I find an extremist point of view, or approach, can sometimes result in
> someone actually revealing their personality.

Ummmm, OK. Please elaborate. I'm not sure if you're talking about
yourself, me, or someone else.

> This is especially true of
> written correspondence, when inflection and tone cannot be directly
> determined.

Hahaha. It can be easily mistaken, especially for myself, in either form
(written or verbal).

> Experience is often the difference between a child and an adult.....

No, just lots of hair in odd places, sagging skin, closed-mindedness, and
often smoking are the difference between a child and an adult. I will be
dead before I'm an adult. Adults suck.

> But nonetheless, my children behave..... =)

Fsck you, authority figure. I am an individual.

> (and since this is a game forum....)
>
> Has anyone received a version 2.2 gameshark yet?

What kind of Zelda codes does it have? Turok 2? Any F-Zero X codes for the
X-cup (crosses fingers)?

(of course, people who have kill-filed messages with Omar in their
subjects won't see this)