Best brag of all?

Brad

Apr 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/26/98

Im wondering what is the best brag ever?
I remember someone getting CtCW and a couple of others a year ago?
Reply to the group with YOUR best Brag!
--
Game.com Power
http://surf.to/gamecompower

Alex Bilstein

Apr 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/26/98

Calling Robert Batina, calling Robert Batina....

In article <35437D56...@pacbell.net>, bra...@pacbell.net says...

--
Alex Bilstein, University of Texas.
BA in Art History.

Vidar "Hawk" Olavesen

Apr 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/26/98

I guess I haven't much to brag about, but I got Motorodeo for free, which I
found a good deal :-) Also included was Xenophobe.

Brad <bra...@pacbell.net> wrote in article
<35437D56...@pacbell.net>...

Robert Batina

Apr 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/26/98

Brad (bra...@pacbell.net) wrote:
: Im wondering what is the best brag ever?

: I remember someone getting CtCW and a couple of others a year ago?
: Reply to the group with YOUR best Brag!

Me. CtCW, SQ:WW, Tooth Protecters... many others, all nearly mint and
in their original boxes. Buck a piece... sigh...

(I am pretty sure I used up every bit of my 'luck' back then, too. <G>)

http://www.infinet.com/~rbatina - Robert J Batina - rba...@infinet.com

Robert Batina

Apr 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/26/98

Alex Bilstein (bils...@mail.utexas.edu) wrote:
: Calling Robert Batina, calling Robert Batina....

*laugh* :) Yup. :)

My whole shmeal is in the latest DPG if anyone has it and hasn't
noticed. I think that the classic videogame nexus also grabbed my brag
post and stuck it on their site somewhere. I actually don't remember all
of the details anymore - it was quite a while ago.

MGedeon216

Apr 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/27/98

I'm quite sure I have the best brag of all. I took a POLO Proto in my store
for only 17 cents. We give 70% cash here at my store : ) . The game is no
longer in my posession however, so dont ask. Peace, Mike Gedeon ( Owner VGC )

K. McKenzie

Apr 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/27/98

In article <35437D56...@pacbell.net>, Brad <bra...@pacbell.net> wrote:
>Im wondering what is the best brag ever?
>I remember someone getting CtCW and a couple of others a year ago?
>Reply to the group with YOUR best Brag!

I actually found a Vectrex at a flea market a few years ago. I
asked the guy selling it how much he wanted and he began by saying that it
wasn't working and he just wanted to get rid of it. I figured even a
broken Vectrex was a great find and asked again about the price. He
replied that he'd take a quarter if it meant someone else was going to try
to fix it. Without letting my jaw drop too low or my eyes pop out of their
sockets entirely, I agreed to take it off his hands and see what I could
do with it. When I got it home I found the only major problem was that all
of the pins for the first controller port were broken off. Apart from
that, it worked fine. If you're content to be the second player in two
player games, it works great
I should keep my word and try to fix it. Does anyone have any
suggestions for fixing or replacing the controller port?

KJM

Anthony Leckinton

Apr 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/27/98
to K. McKenzie

I have used the socket out of an Atari 2600 it is exzctly the same.

Erin Fencil

Apr 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/27/98

K. McKenzie wrote:

> In article <35437D56...@pacbell.net>, Brad <bra...@pacbell.net> wrote:
> >Im wondering what is the best brag ever?
> >I remember someone getting CtCW and a couple of others a year ago?
> >Reply to the group with YOUR best Brag!

*snip*

Apart from that, it worked fine. If you're content to be the second
player in two
player games, it works great
I should keep my word and try to fix it. Does anyone have any
suggestions for fixing or replacing the controller port?

Sorry, no, but one of my 2600s has a similar problem: the left joystick
didn't work when I got it, then it worked for about a month, now it's
dead again. The firing button works, so I know the whole joystick
controller port can't be dead. I've tried it with several joysticks,
too, and it's the same deal. So I use the 2600 for 2-player games:
Frogs and Flies, Joust, M*A*S*H.

A Vectrex for a quarter...*wow*

--Erin Fencil
Atari 2600 cart collector, Star Wars and punk rock fan

x...@death-star.com

Apr 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/28/98

Brad <bra...@pacbell.net> wrote:

> Im wondering what is the best brag ever?
> I remember someone getting CtCW and a couple of others a year ago?
> Reply to the group with YOUR best Brag!

The $1 each table of glory:

Mr. Do's Castle (2), Atari Video Cube (2), Taz, CtCW, Dice Puzzle,
River Patrol, Pigs in Space, Tanks but No Tanks, Earth Dies Screaming,
a bunch more I can't remember.

This was about three years ago... most of them have been sold by now.
(Rent sucks.)

Frank Traut

Apr 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/28/98
to K. McKenzie

K. McKenzie wrote:

> I should keep my word and try to fix it. Does anyone have any
> suggestions for fixing or replacing the controller port?

I have fixed lot's of 2600 joystick connectors with paper clips!
They are about the same diameter as the real pins - you just bend
them to what shape/length you need and cut off the excess. All you
need to do is de-solder the broken pins and replace them with your
new paper-clip pins :-)

-Frank

Lee Seitz

Apr 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/29/98

In article <6i0dru$k...@news1.infinet.com>,

Robert Batina <rba...@infinet.com> wrote:

>Alex Bilstein (bils...@mail.utexas.edu) wrote:
>: Calling Robert Batina, calling Robert Batina....
>
>*laugh* :) Yup. :)
>
>My whole shmeal is in the latest DPG if anyone has it and hasn't
>noticed. I think that the classic videogame nexus also grabbed my brag
>post and stuck it on their site somewhere. I actually don't remember all
>of the details anymore - it was quite a while ago.

No, wasn't me.

Lee Seitz, Classic Video Games Nexus "maintainer"

--
lkseitz | Lee K. Seitz * http://home.hiwaay.net/~lkseitz/
@ | Dare to be stupid. Do the Donkey Kong. O-

Crawl

Apr 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/29/98

130 Combats @ $6.00 a piece.
Please remove the .nospam for email.

AVE

Apr 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/29/98

1992: Pink Panther Prototype and Frankenstein's Monster Prototype (sitting
next to one another) for $1.50 apiece in a Columbus, OH. thrift store I
frequently went to while in college. Those were the days. I was the
luckiest guy on earth back then! Nowadays it seems I am lucky to find games
like MoonSweeper or Buck Rogers-- times sure have changed.

Actually, today I just stumbled across a new thrift store in the town I
live. According to the manager, they frequently get Atari games in. Hmm,
maybe I am on to something here (once again). Today I managed to pick up a
Coleco Adam there for $5 (without the power supply unfortunately-- anyone
want to sell me one? Do I need a printer in order to get it up and
running?).

Steve Averitt

Frank Traut

May 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/1/98

AVE wrote:

> 1992: Pink Panther Prototype and Frankenstein's Monster Prototype (sitting
> next to one another) for $1.50 apiece in a Columbus, OH.

Lucky bastards!! I can't believe some of you guys!!

I can't touch what some of you have found for dirt cheap.
I think my best brag of all time was a Condor Attack sitting
all by it's lonesome in a GoodWill. Picked up that bad boy
for $1 :-)

Sure, there have been tons of other -good- buys that make
up most of my collection, but no prototypes or Mr. Do!'s
Castles for $1 ;-)

I hate reading about other peoples brags!

-Frank

Ecitnerppa

May 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/1/98

> Sure, there have been tons of other -good- buys that make
> up most of my collection, but no prototypes or Mr. Do!'s
> Castles for $1 ;-)

Funny you should mention that... I got prototypes of Mr. Do!'s Castle and
SW:TAG for $1 each.

Lee Seitz

May 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/1/98

In article <6i8qvn$6u4$1...@newssvr04-int.news.prodigy.com>,

AVE <A...@prodigy.net> wrote:

>Today I managed to pick up a
>Coleco Adam there for $5 (without the power supply unfortunately-- anyone
>want to sell me one? Do I need a printer in order to get it up and
>running?).
>
>Steve Averitt

You need either the printer or an expensive substitute power supply
from Adam's House (http://www.flash.net/~coleco/start2.htm).

Wim Rumping

May 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/1/98

My best brag is probably from the past week. Even though it wasn't that
cheap, it's something I'm very happy with. Paid $75 for an Atari 2600 store
display (see http://jic-net.com/~wim/games/atari-cabinet.html).

I have no true prototypes or anything incredibly rare... But I have found
some good things since I started to collect actively a year and a half ago.
For example a Videopac G7200 + 13 games for $3.75. Or a Videopac G7400 for
$2.50, or a C7010 chess module for $5.

Or a box of carts for free... it contained 3 TigerVision games in great
condition.

- Wim.

Geoff Voigt

May 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/1/98

In article <35477d87...@news.swbell.net>,

rcs...@swbell.net.no-spam (Crawl) wrote:
>130 Combats @ $6.00 a piece.

Building a house, are we? :9

Geoff "Coming soon, through a theater near you" Voigt

Eurodance*80's Pop!*Bjork*Oingo-Boingo
Pet Shop Boys*Rumiko Takahashi*Tenchi Muyo!*
>>>Geoff Voigt:gvo...@ridgecrest.ca.us<<<
Classic Video Games*Jawa Freak*Coffee*Godzilla
Your Local expert for:AbEx Art*Dinosaurs

Crawl

May 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/2/98

:).....Actually my 2 best finds would be a Sega Saturn complete w/ 1 comtroller and virtua cop CD
1.....(with a ciggarette burn on it, but still worked!). Sega Genesis
complete with 2 football games, A sega master system console only with
9 games. An Atari 2600 with 4 commons and 2 complete Odessey2 systems
(1 with 'The Voice Module') for $15 + tax.

2....Atari 800XL, Atari 1050 Disk Drive, Atari Atari 1025 Printer,
Atari 1027 Printer, Atari 1010 and some various programming and word
processing software. All of the hardware was complete in the box. An
atari 5200 complete, but the switchbox/power supply didn't work and
the usual controller problem. $10 + tax.

BUT these can't be considered finds because the manager at the
Salvation Army saves all the video game/computer stuff for me.
On Fri, 01 May 98 19:42:49 GMT, gvo...@ridgenet.net (Geoff Voigt)
wrote:

Please remove the .nospam for email.

Dan Rosenberg

May 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/4/98

Hey mike,

while your at it, you should tell them how much ya sold that tooth
protectors for......<snicker> ;-)

Dan
MGedeon216 wrote in message
<199804270317...@ladder03.news.aol.com>...