Behr-Bonz VIC-20 Multicart available

rber...@value.net

Jan 13, 2008, 4:17:10 AM1/13/08
Long has been the dream of multiple
VIC-20 games on one cartridge. Years ago
programmer Ward Shrake envisioned and built
himself a cart with dozens of games, all
selected by dipswitches.
Fast forward to 2008. VIC-20 multicart
projects go on. For the past months, two
different multicart projects have been in
development. First out of the gate into the
commercial arena is the Behr-Bonz VIC-20
Multicart. With hardware by Eslapion and a
game selection menu system by Viande of
Denial, the Behr-Bonz VIC-20 Multicart
contains 127 games which originally were on
separate carts. The following games are on
the Behr-Bonz:

AE
Aggressor
Alien Blitz
Amok!
arachnoid
Artillery Duel
Astroblitz
Atlantis
Attack of the Mutant Camels
Avenger
Bandits
Battlezone
Black Hole
Buck Rogers: Planet of Zoom
Capture the Flag
Centipede
Choplifter
Cloudburst
Clowns pour Joystick
Clowns pour paddle
Computer War
Congo Bongo
Cosmic Cruncher
Cosmic Jailbreak
Creepy Corridors
Crossfire
Cyclon
Defender
DemonAttack
Dig Dug
Donkey Kong
Dragonfire
Final Orbit + Bumper Bash
Frogger
FROGMAN.PRG
Galaxian
Garden Wars
Gorf
Gridrunner
IFR (Flight Simulator)
In the chips
Jawbreaker II
Jelly Monsters (clone of Pacman)
Jungle Hunt
Jupiter Lander
KEYQUEST
Krazy Antics
Lazerzone
Lode Runner
Lunar Leeper
Maze
Medieval Joust
Miner 2049'er
Mobile Attack
Mole Attack
Money Wars
Monster Maze
Moon Patrol
Mosquito Infestation
Motocross Racer
Mountain King
Ms Pacman
Mutant Herd
Omega Race
Outworld
Pac-Man (original)
Paratrooper
Pharaoh's Curse
Pinball
Pipes
Poker
Polaris
Pole Position
Predator
Princess and Frog
Protector
Q-Bert
Radar Rat Race
Raid on Fort Knox
Rally-X
Rat Hotel
Renaissance (Othello)
River Rescue
Road Race
Robot Panic
Robotron 2084
Scott Adams: Adventure Land
Scott Adams: Mission Impossible
Scott Adams: Pirate's Cove
Scott Adams: The Count
Scott Adams: Voodoo Castle
Sargon II Chess
Satellite Patrol
Scorpion
Sea Wolf
Seafox
Serpentine
Shamus
Sir Lancelot
Skibbereen
Skyblazer
Space Ric-O-Shay
Spider City
SPIDERS OF MARS
Spike's Peak
Spills and Fills
Squish'em
Star Battle
Star Post
Star Trek - Strategic Operations Simulator
Submarine commander
Super Amok
Super Slot
Super Smash
Terraguard
The Sky is Falling
Threshold
Tooth Invaders
Topper
Trashman
Turmoil
Tutankham
Type Attack
Typo
Video Vermin
Videomania
Visible Solar System

You can purchase the Behr-Bonz VIC-20
Multicart for $30 US plus $8 shipping to
the US (shipping charge the same up to 10
carts). For postal fees to ship to other
countries and other questions about the
Behr-Bonz, inquire with
eslapion(at)videotron.ca Paypal to
eslapion(at)videotron.ca Other ROMs and
services are available from Eslapion, too;
just ask.
I'm getting my Behr-Bonz VIC-20
Multicart right away!

Truly,
Robert Bernardo
Fresno Commodore User Group
http://videocam.net.au/fcug
The Other Group of Amigoids
http://www.calweb.com/~rabel1/

Klompmeester

Jan 13, 2008, 4:56:05 AM1/13/08

<rber...@value.net> wrote in message

> Long has been the dream of multiple
> VIC-20 games on one cartridge. Years ago
> programmer Ward Shrake envisioned and built
> himself a cart with dozens of games, all
> selected by dipswitches.

<snip>

> just ask.
> I'm getting my Behr-Bonz VIC-20
> Multicart right away!

Ofcourse you are, but not that you will ever use it.

Dragos

Jan 13, 2008, 12:04:02 PM1/13/08

> Ofcourse you are, but not that you will ever use it.

Not true.... he needs something else for William Shatner to
autograph.....

Vidar Olavesen

Jan 13, 2008, 1:10:48 PM1/13/08
And this multicart if available anywhere? Would it work on PAL machines too?

"Dragos" <mgla...@gmail.com> skrev i melding

evg2000

Jan 13, 2008, 2:18:53 PM1/13/08
Robert,
Is there anywhere else to get info on this cart?
thanks,
Charles
www dot evg2000 dot com

<-fish->

Jan 13, 2008, 3:19:08 PM1/13/08
like the megacart

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmYe3qql1VQ

<rber...@value.net> skrev i en meddelelse
> [...]

Klompmeester

Jan 13, 2008, 4:12:15 PM1/13/08

"Vidar Olavesen" <ola...@online.no> wrote in message

> And this multicart if available anywhere? Would it work on PAL machines
> too?

Can't see why it wouldn't.

Klompmeester

Jan 13, 2008, 4:12:29 PM1/13/08

"Dragos" <mgla...@gmail.com> wrote in message

>> Ofcourse you are, but not that you will ever use it.
>
> Not true.... he needs something else for William Shatner to
> autograph.....

Ofcourse, silly me...

Golan Klinger

Jan 13, 2008, 4:15:31 PM1/13/08
<-fish-> wrote:

Minus the RAM expansion capabilities, the utility software and many of
the games. Both products were born of the same discussion at:

Denial VIC-20
<http://sleepingelephant.com/denial/>

P.S. The MegaCart has matured considerably since that video was made and
it will be available shortly.

--
Golan Klinger
Dark is the suede that mows like a harvest.

rber...@value.net

Jan 13, 2008, 4:17:53 PM1/13/08
On Jan 13, 1:17 am, I wrote:

On Sun, January 13, 2008 3:48 am, I wrote:

> You can purchase the Behr-Bonz VIC-20 Multicart

> for $30 US plus $8 shipping to the US...

I have received a correction from Eslapion;
though he lets me pay in US dollars, he normally
requires *Canadian* dollars.

Sorry for the confusion,

evg2000

Jan 13, 2008, 5:41:31 PM1/13/08
The only mention of price I could find for the megacart was $100, does
anyone know if that's correct?

Golan Klinger

Jan 13, 2008, 5:41:09 PM1/13/08
evg2000 wrote:

> The only mention of price I could find for the megacart was $100, does
> anyone know if that's correct?

The price of the MegaCart has yet to be determined. It is expected to be
$100 or less and should be available in the next 60 days.

Mayhem

Jan 13, 2008, 6:42:34 PM1/13/08
From what I gather it'll be all NTSC games, some of which won't work
properly on PAL machines.

rber...@value.net

Jan 29, 2008, 9:22:10 PM1/29/08
On Jan 13, 1:17 am, I wrote:

> First out of the gate into the commercial
> arena is the Behr-Bonz VIC-20 Multicart.

Here is a photo of the first Behr-Bonz cart
off the assembly line!

http://www.amiga.org/modules/myalbum/photos/3740.jpg

        Now shipping,

rber...@value.net

Jan 30, 2008, 2:38:09 AM1/30/08
And for historical purposes, here is the
Behr-Bonz prototype (photo courtesy of
Glenn Holmer) --

http://lyonlabs.org/commodore/woc-2007/100-behrboard-1024x768.jpg

Truly,

rber...@value.net

Feb 28, 2008, 11:04:53 PM2/28/08
On Jan 13, 1:17 am, I wrote:

> With hardware by Eslapion and a
> game selection menu system by Viande of

> Denial, theBehr-BonzVIC-20 Multicart

> contains 127 games which originally were on
> separate carts.

Eslapion now has a webpage for the
Behr-Bonz VIC-20 Multicart and for his
earlier project, the VIC-20 Ultimate
Expander. Go to

http://www.8bitcentral.com

ianoid

Feb 29, 2008, 8:20:27 AM2/29/08
I got my BB Multicart in the mail- does anyone know if it fits inside
a standard Commodore VIC cartridge case?

la...@portcommodore.com

Feb 29, 2008, 10:23:23 PM2/29/08
On Feb 29, 5:20 am, ianoid <ian...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I got my BB Multicart in the mail- does anyone know if it fits inside
> a standard Commodore VIC cartridge case?

From the info site:

The Behr-Bonz Multicart is designed to fit perfectly into a VIC
cartridge case.

How about a review?

rber...@value.net

Apr 29, 2008, 10:13:58 PM4/29/08
On Mar 13, 1:16 pm, Mika wrote:

> I just hope that PAL version would be ready soon.

Eslapion announces that he is now accepting orders for the PAL
version of the Behr-Bonz multicart for the Commodore VIC-20.
The price is $30 Canadian. Shipping to Europe or Australia is $11
for up to 5 carts.

Go to http://www.8bitcentral.com (though the PAL cart is not listed
there yet).

The list of games included in the PAL version are:

AE, Aggressor, Alien Blitz, Alphabet Zoo, Amok!, Arachnoid,
Artillery Duel, Astroblitz, Atlantis, Attack of the Mutant Camels,
Avenger, Black Hole, Buck Rogers: Planet of Zoom, Cave-In,
Centipede, Choplifter, Cloudburst, Clowns Joystick, Clowns
Paddles, Computer War, Congo Bongo, Cosmic Cruncher,
Cosmic Jailbreak, Creepy Corridors, Crossfire, Cyclon, Deadly
Duck, Deadly Skies, Defender, Demon Attack, Dig Dug,
Donkey Kong, Dragonfire, Droids, Fourth Encounter, Frogger,
Galaxian, Gorf, Gridrunner, In the Chips, Jawbreaker II, Jelly
Monsters, Jupiter Lander, Keyquest, Krazy Antics, KStar Patrol,
Lazer Zone, Lode Runner, Lunar Leeper, Maze, Medieval Joust,
Menagerie, Mine Madness, Miner 2049'er, Mobile Attack,
Money Wars, Monster Maze, Moon Patrol, Mosquito
Infestation, Motocross Racer, Ms Pacman, Mutant Herd,
Omega Race, Outworld, Pacman, Paratrooper, Pharaoh's
Curse, Pinball Spectacular, Pipes, Poker, Polaris, Pole
Position, Predator, Princess and Frog, Protector, Q-Bert,
Quackers, Radar Rat Race, Raid on Fort Knox, Rally-X, Rat
Hotel, Renaissance, River Rescue, Road Race, Robot Panic,
Robotron 2084, Scott Adams: Adventureland, Scott Adams:
Mission Impossible, Scott Adams: Pirate's Cove, Scott
Adams: The Count, Scott Adams: Voodoo Castle, Sargon II
Chess, Satellite Patrol, Satellite and Meteorites, Scorpion,
Sea Wolf, Seafox, Serpentine, Shamus, Sir Lancelot,
Skibbereen, Skyblazer, Space Ric-o-shay, Spiders of Mars,
Spike's Peak, Spills and Fills, Springer, Star Battle,
Star Post, Star Trek: Strategic Operations Simulator, Sub
Chase, Submarine Commander, Super Amok, Super Slot,
Super Smash, Terraguard, The Sky is Falling, Threshold,
Topper, Turmoil, Tutankham, Type Attack, Typo, Video
Vermin, Videomania, Visible Solar System