32X: Top Ten Games Available Now!

James L Brookes

Nov 11, 1994, 4:06:49 PM11/11/94
In article <3a0iqf$8...@news.mic.ucla.edu>, Scott Le Grand
<leg...@tesla.mbi.ucla.edu> wrote:
>All these people complaining abut the 32X's lack of games are
>clearly delusional idiots! Just look at all these amazing games
>you can play on the 32X RIGHT NOW!

Actually, there are several fabulous real games you *can* play on your
32X right now!! These include games like the award-winning Sonic the
Hedgehog, Ecco the Dolphin, Road Rash 1 & II, and many others!

Boy oh boy, I should get a 32X right now so I can play all these
great games :)

--
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
| James Brookes jam...@ecst.csuchico.edu |

Ashish Mehta

Nov 11, 1994, 11:38:45 PM11/11/94
In article <khaley.784591178@nova>, kha...@nova.gmi.edu (Kevin Haley) wrote:

> leg...@tesla.mbi.ucla.edu (Scott Le Grand) writes:
>
> >All these people complaining abut the 32X's lack of games are
> >clearly delusional idiots! Just look at all these amazing games
> >you can play on the 32X RIGHT NOW!
>

> >10. GreyWorld: Legend of the Blank Screen (Pack-in)
> > 9. Virtua Helen Keller
> > 8. The Great East Coast Blackout
> > 7. Mavis Beacon teaches Braille
> > 6. Virtua Artist (Requires Box of crayons accessory)
> > 5. Really Really Dark Stalkers
> > 4. Alone, Blind, Deaf, and Dumb in the Dark
> > 3. Metallica: One
> > 2. Fatty Bear in the Sensory Deprivation Chamber
> > 1. Black Hole II: Inside the Black Hole
>
> ROTFL! Hilarious! Scott, you gotta stop posting this kind of stuff.
> All this laughing is making me sick to my stomach... :-)
>
> /Kevin

Well, I've gotta admit, you've got one hell of a sense of humor!! Very
very good stuff; I LIKE IT!! I hope they can top these, though...By the
way, if anyone knows anything about whether or not MK II will come out to
complement this already amazing group of software (though I have to admit,
beating Metallica's One will be hard to do, even for MK!! BTW, "One"
should be changed to "Fade to Black", coming from one official Metalliker
junkie... :-) Thanks for any info...!!

sincerely, ashish mehta

--
|\ /| |\ /| /\ |---- ----- ---- ---\
| \ / | /--- | \/ | / \ | | | | |
| \ / | | | | |----| |---| | |-- |__/
| V | | . | | | | ____| | |___ | \

"F*ck it all and F*cking no regrets!!
Never happy endings on these dark sets!!
All's fair for DAMAGE INC., you see,
So step a little closer if you please!!!
Blood will follow Blood!!!
(Your) Dying time is here!!!

Damage Incorporated" (Metallica, from "Damage Inc.")
All hail Metallica!!

"I'll be around" ame...@scf.usc.edu

Derek Johnson

Nov 12, 1994, 3:49:06 AM11/12/94
Scott Le Grand (leg...@tesla.mbi.ucla.edu) wrote:
: All these people complaining abut the 32X's lack of games are

: clearly delusional idiots! Just look at all these amazing games
: you can play on the 32X RIGHT NOW!

: 10. GreyWorld: Legend of the Blank Screen (Pack-in)
: 9. Virtua Helen Keller
: 8. The Great East Coast Blackout
: 7. Mavis Beacon teaches Braille
: 6. Virtua Artist (Requires Box of crayons accessory)
: 5. Really Really Dark Stalkers
: 4. Alone, Blind, Deaf, and Dumb in the Dark
: 3. Metallica: One
: 2. Fatty Bear in the Sensory Deprivation Chamber
: 1. Black Hole II: Inside the Black Hole

Laugh it up boys. I have a Jag and I just bought a 32X w/Star
Wars Arcade and Virtua Deluxe. The 32X games are really good. It would'nt
suprise me if the 32X had more games out before Christmas than the Jag
has all year. I love my Jag, but the 32X is going to be a million seller
this Christmas. It's already got the 3rd party support up the wazoo.
Atari needs to do something....quick. -Derek Johnson.

Paul J Bordallo

Nov 12, 1994, 12:18:51 AM11/12/94
Excerpts from netnews.rec.games.video.atari: 11-Nov-94 Re: 32X: Top Ten
Games Avai.. by James L Bro...@ecst.csu

> Actually, there are several fabulous real games you *can* play on your
> 32X right now!! These include games like the award-winning Sonic the
^^^^^^^^

> Hedgehog, Ecco the Dolphin, Road Rash 1 & II, and many others!
^^^^^^^^

As a matter of fact, I did see Sonic!!! It's a 1st-person Doom-like game
too! The only problem is, it's underground (you know hedgehogs) so you
can't see anything.

Kevin Haley

Nov 11, 1994, 4:59:38 PM11/11/94
leg...@tesla.mbi.ucla.edu (Scott Le Grand) writes:

>All these people complaining abut the 32X's lack of games are
>clearly delusional idiots! Just look at all these amazing games
>you can play on the 32X RIGHT NOW!

>10. GreyWorld: Legend of the Blank Screen (Pack-in)
> 9. Virtua Helen Keller
> 8. The Great East Coast Blackout
> 7. Mavis Beacon teaches Braille
> 6. Virtua Artist (Requires Box of crayons accessory)
> 5. Really Really Dark Stalkers
> 4. Alone, Blind, Deaf, and Dumb in the Dark
> 3. Metallica: One
> 2. Fatty Bear in the Sensory Deprivation Chamber
> 1. Black Hole II: Inside the Black Hole

ROTFL! Hilarious! Scott, you gotta stop posting this kind of stuff.

Evan Mullaney

Nov 12, 1994, 1:59:40 AM11/12/94
In article <khaley.784591178@nova> kha...@nova.gmi.edu (Kevin Haley) writes:
>From: kha...@nova.gmi.edu (Kevin Haley)
>Subject: Re: 32X: Top Ten Games Available Now!
>Date: 11 Nov 94 21:59:38 GMT

>/Kevin

I'll second that.....
Who is this guy? He's quite funny, whoever he is.....

Scott Le Grand

Nov 11, 1994, 3:05:35 PM11/11/94

Jonathan Tucker

Nov 13, 1994, 4:57:27 AM11/13/94
Scott Le Grand (leg...@tesla.mbi.ucla.edu) wrote:
: All these people complaining abut the 32X's lack of games are

well, there are 2 games, but that is still pretty funny. However, lets
look at a jag top ten:

10:cybermorph (does this count a game? ick)
9:trevor mcfur (id -rather- look at a black screen)
8:AvP
7:Dino Dudes (love those lemmings!)
6:Wolfenstein 3-d (sharwarefare, but done well)
5:Tempest 2k (fun, but not really a 64bit show off. great game tho)
4:Raiden (ok translation, old game)
3:play with the rotating jaguar cube (better than #9 and #10)
2:wait for new jag game (I think we've all played this one, and i think
we all hate it)
1:sell jaguar (becoming more and more popular everyday!)

For the read-between-the-lines-impaired : THIS IS A JOKE.

Surprising, tho, that the same mag that loved cybermorph and has been
un-ashamedly pro-jag is saying that VRdeluxe beats the crap out of
checkered flag 2. Better be careful what you say before you play both.

Mark

"Be patient! 94 will be a great year for the jagu....oh yeah, we already
used that one. '95 will be a great year for the jaguar!"

Scott D. Yelich

Nov 13, 1994, 11:34:08 AM11/13/94

hahahahahahahahah! classic. I'm going to trade my jag now! clint is
going to buy it!

Scott
--
/\ Computer Systems Consulting Domain: spy.org WWW http://www.spy.org/
/ \ \ P.O. Box 5178 IP: 198.232.139.1 EMAIL list...@spy.org

John Tisch

Nov 14, 1994, 3:32:45 PM11/14/94
In article <3a89qm$6...@crl3.crl.com>, nath...@crl.com (Nathan Wong) writes:
|> Scott Le Grand (leg...@tesla.mbi.ucla.edu) wrote:
|> : All these people complaining abut the 32X's lack of games are
|> Thanks for making my day. That was just too funny!!!!

WOW!, am I seeing what I think I am seeing, Jag and 3DO users actually agreeing on
something, and that is that the 32X is but a joke... I come from the 3DO group and they are
all saying the same thing.. heheheh, it can happen unbeleivable but true!!!.. Why it is so hard
to get along is beyond me, but at least we had are moment of equality... oh well...

Nathan Wong

Nov 14, 1994, 1:21:10 PM11/14/94
Scott Le Grand (leg...@tesla.mbi.ucla.edu) wrote:
: All these people complaining abut the 32X's lack of games are

Thanks for making my day. That was just too funny!!!!

Jeremy Haines

Nov 16, 1994, 11:04:34 PM11/16/94
[snip]

> Ok. I admit it; I'm not cool. I didn't get the Metallica one.
>Someone explain, please? 'Cause the rest of the posting was funny!
>
>Robert C.

[snip]

Relevant excerpt from "One" by Metallica:

Darkness
Imprisoning me
All that I see
Absolute horror

I cannot live
I cannot die
Trapped in myself
Body my holding cell

Landmine
Has taken my sight
Taken my speech
Taken my hearing

Taken my arms
Taken my legs
Taken my soul
Left me with life in hell

This was on Metallica's last passable album, "...And Justice For
All" (1988). After the success of this song (which deserved all its 7.5
minutes of space on the CD), they decided to cheese out and write 4-minute,
one-riff wonders. They sold three times as many albums, but their artistic
integrity went out the window. Check out "Ride the Lightning" (1984) and
"Master of Puppets" (1986) for some real music.
Why is it that almost all good music was released in '84, '86, or '88?

Sorry 'bout the tangent.
--
- Jer

"In a dream I cannot see, tangled abstract fallacy,
random turmoil builds in me; I'm addicted to chaos..."

Patrick Moynihan

Nov 17, 1994, 2:18:09 AM11/17/94
> -> 3. Metallica: One
> - ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

> Ok. I admit it; I'm not cool. I didn't get the Metallica one.
> Someone explain, please? 'Cause the rest of the posting was funny!

That Metallica album came with a black cover, and the graphics were also
printed in black. Sounds weird, so I'll explain:

The cover was printed with gloss black, and the graphics were printed in
Matte black. So even though they were the same "color" you could make out
the graphics if you held it up to the light the right way.

--
Patrick Moynihan
Application Arts, Inc.

Paul Garceau

Nov 15, 1994, 11:02:44 PM11/15/94
In article <khaley.784591178@nova> kha...@nova.gmi.edu (Kevin Haley) writes:
>From: kha...@nova.gmi.edu (Kevin Haley)
>Subject: Re: 32X: Top Ten Games Available Now!
>Date: 11 Nov 94 21:59:38 GMT

>leg...@tesla.mbi.ucla.edu (Scott Le Grand) writes:

>/Kevin

That was great!!

Keep 'em coming! (LOL)

Marty Chinn

Nov 17, 1994, 2:50:46 AM11/17/94
Robert Coleman (rob...@informix.com) wrote:

: Ok. I admit it; I'm not cool. I didn't get the Metallica one.

: Someone explain, please? 'Cause the rest of the posting was funny!

If I'm not mistaken, Metalica had an all black cover to their cd.

: Robert C.
: --
: ----------------------------------------------
: Disclaimer: My company has not yet seen fit to
: elect me as spokesperson. Hmmpf.

Michael Murphy

Nov 17, 1994, 8:39:20 AM11/17/94
In article <vidsourcC...@netcom.com>, vids...@netcom.com (Marty Chinn) says:

>Robert Coleman (rob...@informix.com) wrote:
>
>: Ok. I admit it; I'm not cool. I didn't get the Metallica one.
>: Someone explain, please? 'Cause the rest of the posting was funny!
>
>If I'm not mistaken, Metalica had an all black cover to their cd.

Sorry Marty, you're mistaken. The Metallica:One refers to the song "One"
on the Metallica album "And Justice For All". It is taken from the movie,
"Johnny Got His Gun", and is about a man who loses all of his senses save
the sense of touch.

-Murph

Michael Murphy

Nov 17, 1994, 8:40:10 AM11/17/94
In article <senator-1611...@blv-pm2-ip10.halcyon.com>, sen...@halcyon.com (Patrick Moynihan) says:

>> -> 3. Metallica: One
>> - ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
>> Ok. I admit it; I'm not cool. I didn't get the Metallica one.
>> Someone explain, please? 'Cause the rest of the posting was funny!
>
>That Metallica album came with a black cover, and the graphics were also
>printed in black. Sounds weird, so I'll explain:
>
>The cover was printed with gloss black, and the graphics were printed in
>Matte black. So even though they were the same "color" you could make out
>the graphics if you held it up to the light the right way.

Wrong. See reply to Marty Chinn.
-Murph

Karl J. von Laudermann

Nov 16, 1994, 1:44:58 PM11/16/94
In article <3a0iqf$8...@news.mic.ucla.edu> leg...@tesla.mbi.ucla.edu (Scott Le Grand) writes:
>All these people complaining abut the 32X's lack of games are
>clearly delusional idiots! Just look at all these amazing games
>you can play on the 32X RIGHT NOW!
>
>10. GreyWorld: Legend of the Blank Screen (Pack-in)
> 9. Virtua Helen Keller
> 8. The Great East Coast Blackout
> 7. Mavis Beacon teaches Braille
> 6. Virtua Artist (Requires Box of crayons accessory)
> 5. Really Really Dark Stalkers
> 4. Alone, Blind, Deaf, and Dumb in the Dark
> 3. Metallica: One
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

> 2. Fatty Bear in the Sensory Deprivation Chamber
> 1. Black Hole II: Inside the Black Hole

ROTFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--
Karl J. von Laudermann | "'I' is for 'simple.'" | This is a Haiku.
pen...@ccs.neu.edu |________ - ad for AT+T | Well, I'm not so sure it is.

Robert Coleman

Sepulturiad Soldier

Nov 18, 1994, 2:00:50 AM11/18/94
ja...@merhaba.cc.columbia.edu (Jeffrey A Lew) stated:
>In article <robert.785022390@maelstrom>,

>Robert Coleman <rob...@informix.com> wrote:
>
>>-> 3. Metallica: One
>>- ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>>-> 2. Fatty Bear in the Sensory Deprivation Chamber
>>-> 1. Black Hole II: Inside the Black Hole
>>
>>-ROTFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>> Ok. I admit it; I'm not cool. I didn't get the Metallica one.
>>Someone explain, please? 'Cause the rest of the posting was funny!
>>
>>Robert C.
>
>The song One by Metallica is about this guy who got his arms, legs, eyes,
>and ears blown off by a land mine and now he can't speak and all he can do is
>lie in bed and wish for death. Truthfully to! that's the whole song.
>
>Jeff

it is based on a movie called 'Johnny got a gun' or something which is
about the bad aspects of WWI.

*steve

arise from beneath the remains before schizophrenia and morbid visions
create the new chaos a.d.

Jeffrey A Lew

Nov 17, 1994, 11:43:53 AM11/17/94
In article <robert.785022390@maelstrom>,
Robert Coleman <rob...@informix.com> wrote:

>-> 3. Metallica: One
>- ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>-> 2. Fatty Bear in the Sensory Deprivation Chamber
>-> 1. Black Hole II: Inside the Black Hole
>
>-ROTFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>
> Ok. I admit it; I'm not cool. I didn't get the Metallica one.
>Someone explain, please? 'Cause the rest of the posting was funny!
>
>Robert C.

The song One by Metallica is about this guy who got his arms, legs, eyes,

Christopher Donnell

Nov 17, 1994, 2:51:03 PM11/17/94
>>> -> 3. Metallica: One

>> Ok. I admit it; I'm not cool. I didn't get the Metallica one.
>> Someone explain, please? 'Cause the rest of the posting was funny!

>That Metallica album came with a black cover, and the graphics were also
>printed in black. Sounds weird, so I'll explain:

(I don't want to be mistaken for a Metallica fan (for which I'm not) but..)

Actually this isn't what the guy was referring to.. the song One (which is
on "...And Justice For All" and not the black self-titled album) is about
a guy in a war who gets his legs/arms blown off and ends up deaf and blind.
It's inspired by some film called 'Johnny Got His Gun"
Launchpad is an experimental internet BBS. The views of its users do not
necessarily represent those of UNC-Chapel Hill, OIT, or the SysOps.

Ken Swanson

Nov 18, 1994, 7:22:53 AM11/18/94

In article <3aekoi...@JAGUAR.ZOO.CS.YALE.EDU>, haines...@cs.yale.edu (Jeremy Haines) writes...

> Check out "Ride the Lightning" (1984) and
>"Master of Puppets" (1986) for some real music.
> Why is it that almost all good music was released in '84, '86, or '88?
>
> Sorry 'bout the tangent.
>--
> - Jer

YES!! Old Metallia rool!!

Sorry about continuing the tangent, but it had to be said!

|\ ( > |/ | ______ / All opinions expressed are my own
| \_\'__/| | ____/ and not of my employer.

Chris Herborth

Nov 21, 1994, 11:14:46 AM11/21/94
In <1994Nov18.0...@zeus.aix.calpoly.edu>, Sepulturiad Soldier writes:
>>>-> 3. Metallica: One
>>>- ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>>> Ok. I admit it; I'm not cool. I didn't get the Metallica one.
>>>Someone explain, please? 'Cause the rest of the posting was funny!
>>>
>>>Robert C.
>>
>>The song One by Metallica is about this guy who got his arms, legs, eyes,
>>and ears blown off by a land mine and now he can't speak and all he can do is
>>lie in bed and wish for death. Truthfully to! that's the whole song.
>>
>it is based on a movie called 'Johnny got a gun' or something which is
>about the bad aspects of WWI.

Close... "Johnny Got His Gun". Leonard Maltin gives it 2.5 stars in
his book, and says "Featuring Timothy Bottoms as an American World War I
soldier who loses his legs, eyes, ears, mouth, and nose after a German
artillery shell explodes, this is a morbid, depressing antiwar film with
flashes of brilliance."

I thought it was excellent. The most depressing film I've ever seen.

--
-------------------======================================-------------------
||| Jaguar 64-bit cher...@semprini.waterloo-rdp.on.ca
/ | \ DO THE MATH Chris Herborth
Canter and Siegel had nothing to do with this. I don't need a Green Card.

Paul J Bordallo

Nov 22, 1994, 12:20:04 PM11/22/94
Excerpts from netnews.rec.games.video.atari: 21-Nov-94 Re: 32X: Top Ten
Games Avai.. by Chris Herborth@semprini.

> Close... "Johnny Got His Gun". Leonard Maltin gives it 2.5 stars in
> his book, and says "Featuring Timothy Bottoms as an American World War I
> soldier who loses his legs, eyes, ears, mouth, and nose after a German
> artillery shell explodes, this is a morbid, depressing antiwar film with
> flashes of brilliance."
>
> I thought it was excellent. The most depressing film I've ever seen.

I never got to see the movie, though I read the book. Dalton Trumbo
(sp?) who wrote the book I think also directed the movie, so I can
imagine it must be very close to the original story. I noticed in the
One video the lower part of his face was still intact, though covered by
a white cloth. I remember in the book that whole section of his face was
gone. That would have been a tough make-up effect to do for an old
low-budget film though.

If you liked "Johnny Got His Gun", maybe you should check out "All Quiet
On The Western Front" I never got a chance to see the movie, I only read
the book (again :), but the People's Almanac 1978 rated it one of the 10
best films, among Citizen Kane & The Bicycle Thief, and supposed to be
quite profound about the affects of war. The imagery I don't think is as
explicit as Johnny Got His Gun though, since All Quiet is many years
older and tame by more recent standards.

Whoops, maybe this belongs in alt.cult-movies :)

Paul

Bobby Tribble

Nov 22, 1994, 10:16:44 PM11/22/94
Chris Herborth <cher...@semprini.waterloo-rdp.on.ca> wrote:

>Close... "Johnny Got His Gun". Leonard Maltin gives it 2.5 stars in
>his book, and says "Featuring Timothy Bottoms as an American World War I
>soldier who loses his legs, eyes, ears, mouth, and nose after a German
>artillery shell explodes, this is a morbid, depressing antiwar film with
>flashes of brilliance."
>
>I thought it was excellent. The most depressing film I've ever seen.

Just thought I'd mention, Johnny Got His Gun is a great BOOK too! =)
The video is actually based on the movie though. =) In the book
the soldier isn't quite as suicidal (though I've never seen the movie =(

--
Bobby Tribble