Williams Sini Star

Kevin Ketchum

Apr 16, 2007, 4:40:18 PM4/16/07
I have a chance to pick up a working Williams SiniStar, at least he says it
is working.

I looked at the cabinets on KLOV and they were different than the machine I
looked at. The machine I looked at had a round hard plastic cabinet. On
KLOV they had a set down and a normal looking upright.

Does anyone know anything about this game and what it is worth?

Kevin

Dave

Apr 16, 2007, 4:53:37 PM4/16/07

Thats called a Williams Duramold cab.Pretty hard to come by.As for
value not sure,but I'm sure there are many on here that could help you
ther.If you dont get it though let me know I might pick it up.Hope
this helps.....Dave

Kevin Ketchum

Apr 16, 2007, 4:59:24 PM4/16/07
thanks Dave.

"Dave" <arc...@verizon.net> wrote in message

Darren_A

Apr 16, 2007, 5:16:09 PM4/16/07
Pick that one up. If you don't I'll get a trucker to go and get it for me.
It would look great next to my wood cab one.
"Kevin Ketchum" <Ke...@pinballdirect.com> wrote in message

cnlmoore

Apr 16, 2007, 5:42:12 PM4/16/07
Duramold Williams cabs are hard to come by and Sinistar is not very common
among them if I'm not mistaken. If it is complete and in nice shape grab
it. Back in the day they commanded some big $$$, in today's market I'd
almost price them around a normal sinistar, $400 to $700 depending on
condition. Of course if it is minty it would be worth more to someone who
collects the duramolds.

Chris M

"Kevin Ketchum" <Ke...@pinballdirect.com> wrote in message

guinness

Apr 16, 2007, 8:05:21 PM4/16/07
I believe there are 3 duramold Sinistars that are known in collectors hands.
Its the one duramold version (out of 3) that I don't own and would pay a
pretty penny for it to complete the mold collection. Its certainly a
4-digit value game.

tim (NH)

Alpha1

Apr 16, 2007, 8:08:09 PM4/16/07

The duramold Sinistars are XP cabinets. Check out www.duramold.com for more
info.

$400-700 for a duramold Sinistar is cloud cuckoo land (no offence meant)

You're talking $2000 +

Oliver

Riddler

Apr 16, 2007, 8:11:47 PM4/16/07
Agreed, over $2K.

Tim O

Apr 16, 2007, 8:21:44 PM4/16/07
On Tue, 17 Apr 2007 00:08:09 GMT, "Alpha1" <inbox...@arcadeoll.com>
wrote:

duramold.com is parked.

Alpha1

Apr 16, 2007, 8:26:25 PM4/16/07
Damn,

Google came to the rescue though.

http://www.schoenke.com/tyler/sinistar/duramold/index.htm

Oliver

Alpha1

Apr 16, 2007, 8:29:32 PM4/16/07
and courtesy of Web Archive here's April 2005 for www.Duramold.com

http://web.archive.org/web/20050828144655/http://www.duramold.com

So that's both other Sini Dura's

Oliver

epg3

Apr 16, 2007, 8:30:57 PM4/16/07
I will buy it! I have been wanting a Duramold Sinistar for a LONG time. I
will even trade you a near mint wood Sinistar + cash! LOL!

I don' care if it works or not. LOL

sc...@hyperspacearcade.com

Apr 16, 2007, 8:45:59 PM4/16/07

I didn't realize Duramold Sinistars wiggled like that. How neat ;p

Kevin Ketchum

Apr 16, 2007, 9:53:19 PM4/16/07
I guess it is a good thing that I went back and bought it tonight. So how
many of the Duramold Sinistar's did they make?

Kevin

"Alpha1" <inbox...@arcadeoll.com> wrote in message

epg3

Apr 16, 2007, 10:19:47 PM4/16/07
Awesome!

Let's see some pics!

"Kevin Ketchum" <Ke...@pinballdirect.com> wrote in message

Kevin Ketchum

Apr 16, 2007, 10:28:50 PM4/16/07
I will try and take some tomorrow, I just got home with it about 45 minutes
ago. It appears to be in very good condition. I would like to bring it to
the Kalamzoo Arcade and Gameroom show this weekend, if I have enough time to
get cleaned up a bit. Kevin

"epg3" <ed...@southernhotrod.com> wrote in message

epg3

Apr 16, 2007, 10:37:32 PM4/16/07
If you EVER want to sell it, PLEASE send me a e-mail! I want it! LOL!

"Kevin Ketchum" <Ke...@pinballdirect.com> wrote in message

Kevin Ketchum

Apr 16, 2007, 10:45:27 PM4/16/07
I plan on selling it, not sure when, how or for how much yet. Kevin

"epg3" <ed...@southernhotrod.com> wrote in message

cnlmoore

Apr 16, 2007, 11:24:01 PM4/16/07
LOL! Wow, I stand corrected. I must be thinking bubbles or just floating in
cloud cuckoo land over here :-). By XP do you mean they were all prototypes
or limited production?

Chris M

Riddler

Apr 17, 2007, 1:29:50 AM4/17/07
When you sell it be sure to slap it on the bay...... That will be a
fun bid war to watch/participate in....