TYLZ anyone?

RRE

May 31, 2003, 7:10:30 PM5/31/03
Does anyone know more about a game called TYLZ?
I found very little on the Web, there it states that only 5 prototype
boards were ever made.
Strangely I just got a board today called TYLZ, Copyright 1984 Mylstar...
Surely this couldn't be one of only 5 ?

Thanks for your help,

Frans

t...@arcadecollecting.com

May 31, 2003, 8:32:30 PM5/31/03

Sounds like you got one. Have you hooked it up to see if it matches the
sketches of the graphics?

http://emustatus.rainemu.com/protos/games/tylz/tylz1.jpg

What do you plan to do with it? If you'd like to share it, you could
dump the ROMs or send it to someone who can dump them. Email me if you
would like help arranging that.

Tim

RRE

Jun 1, 2003, 5:10:39 AM6/1/03
Yes the character is the same...
I'm in the process of dumping the eproms and emailing with Tom
McClintock who had the info on his website and knows the programmer
who'd like a copy.

The only problem I see, is that when everyone can blow their own eproms
the uniqueness of my board vanishes... :-(

Still that may be a sacrifice I should make for my fellow arcade fans...

Frans

Veeb0rg

Jun 1, 2003, 6:11:45 AM6/1/03
yeah but yours will still be an "original"

Michael Lenardon

Jun 1, 2003, 10:54:21 AM6/1/03
It depends on if the HW is unique or the ROMS just run on a common board.
You may want to EBAY it once it is running before the roms hit the wild or
offer it to other collectors. Either way yours will be unique and rare.
Nice find.

Michael
"Veeb0rg" <Vee...@NewconNOSPAM.org> wrote in message

RRE

Jun 1, 2003, 2:24:14 PM6/1/03
Yes, but by Ebaying (knowing I had dumped the ROMS and would release
them) I'd be ripping off the potential buyer. Unless ofcourse I was to
Ebay it without releasing the roms...
The hardware is, by the way, the strange part of this find... It looks
like a bootleg board... The uniqueness would be gone once the roms hit
the street and everyone could blow them for use on any other bootleg pcb...

Frans

RRE

Jun 2, 2003, 5:19:58 PM6/2/03
For those people interested, Tom McClintock put up some screenshots I
took...

Frans

http://www.ionpool.net/arcade/gottlieb/tylz/tylz.html