Mystic Marathon UR

Brett Fuehring

Feb 4, 2004, 3:38:04 PM2/4/04
Hi all. I can't make up my mind, and thought I'd ask for
opinions....I have the chance to buy a Mystic Marathon UR machine from
a friend. The machine is a converted Stargate, and has side art,
marquee, control panel, monitor glass, and wiring. however, the board
is missing. It was taken out for repairs years ago, and is now
missing. Anyway, the machine is in pretty good shape, but he wants a
decent amount of money for it. He knows it's rare, and is not a
novice. Anyway, I am thinking of buying it, trying to find a
boardset, and then trading/selling the machine to get something I'd
want more. OR, I could buy it and part it out... Or, I could just
buy the machine for someone else that may want it as is. Anyway, what
is everyone's opinion? How hard would it be for me to find another
board? OR, what would the cabinet be worth if I just wanted to buy it
and trade it? The machine was pretty highly priced, but he said he's
willing to do better if I buy some other things I was interested in.

Let me know what everyone thinks. The machine is (will be) located in
Kansas City, MO. If you'd be interested in it as is, drop me a line
too! I'm open to trades, or $, but trades take priority. BTW, can't
really get pics until I pick up the machine.

Thanks

KevSand718

Feb 4, 2004, 3:59:52 PM2/4/04
finding that board will be almost impossible IMO

Pigskin 621

Feb 4, 2004, 4:27:24 PM2/4/04
You are wasting your time. They are not all that valuable. It is just a
crappy rare unfinished Williams game.

One of the people on here had one a mint one in a Stargate cabinet as well.

He was asking $950 for it in excellent fully working condition and he did
not sell it or trade it for anything worth while. He was looking to trade it
for a food fight and those only value at around $750-800 at the most.

He put it up on Ebay here:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3253219207

Now lets seeeee. Hmmm,if a mint fully complete and fully working kit went
for almost $400 then what is a used but empty stargate cab and a used
monitor worth? Maybe $150,lets say $200 to be generous. That would tell you
that a conversion Mystic Marathon machine is somewhere in the $600 range
fully working and it excellent condition. Base your price off of that and
then go from there.

Now,if you came across a dedicated( http://www.duramold.com/mystic.htm)
proto then that might be a different story and it would probably be worth it
to someone that is trying to build a ultimate williams collection but
outside of a dedicated version I wouldnt expect much in trade or $$$. If you
could have gotten the Stargate converted Mystic Marathon from your friend
for $50 bucks then that would be worth it but I have a feeling he probably
wants more like $500,and that is way too much.

Ken.

"Brett Fuehring" <brett_f...@juno.com> wrote in message

Azarcadegames

Feb 4, 2004, 4:34:44 PM2/4/04
that kit was missing the even harder to find side art, so it should have sold
for less than others in the past.

i have a mm in a joust cab that i paid a pretty penny for. id be open for a
trade if it was something that sounds fair and i want to play.

oh, i have unapplied nos side art.

i was actually going to part this out on ebay and convert the joust to a mw.

James Sweet

Feb 4, 2004, 5:08:04 PM2/4/04

"Brett Fuehring" <brett_f...@juno.com> wrote in message

I suggest playing the game in MAME first, IMO it's a crappy game, I dunno
why people want it so bad.

Brian Adkins

Feb 4, 2004, 5:55:10 PM2/4/04
Mystic Marathon sucks. Thats the reason its rare. Nobody wanted to play it
back in the day. Hardly anybody wants to play it now except for a few
diehard Williams nuts that would play anything as long as Williams made it.

Brian

Mhooks10

Feb 4, 2004, 6:22:01 PM2/4/04
I have a boards set that needs some work. I'm interested in trading it for
something interesting.

Mark Hooks

DMitch2656

Feb 4, 2004, 10:09:43 PM2/4/04
I also suggest you play it in MAME. I happen to like the game. In fact,
I have a converted Stargate and enjoy playing it. Your milage may vary. Dan
Mitchell

Tom

Feb 4, 2004, 5:13:54 PM2/4/04
"Pigskin 621" <s.ad...@comcast.net> wrote in

I bought that cab!! I paid $75 for it. (Didnt have back doors. Was a
wooden shell with monitor and coin doors) The cabinet is very, very
solid.

-Tom

Michael Lenardon

Feb 5, 2004, 8:16:55 AM2/5/04
I have a Mystic board which has to go on the bench for a test still but is
complete and I would consider selling working for the right offer. It is a
very rare game and I only would recommend it to a serious collector. Try it
it mame first to decide if you like it. I played it a bit as a kid and
thought it was ok.

Michael

"Brett Fuehring" <brett_f...@juno.com> wrote in message

---

Vidpin

Feb 5, 2004, 9:41:37 AM2/5/04
Hmm...

Recommend it to a serious collector, eh? =-)

I'd like to think that I'm a serious collector...

I built a Mystic M. out of all NOS parts (pre mame). I was ready to sell it
as soon as I turned it on and played it once.

This game is the most over hyped piece of dook in the history of video
games.

My 2cents,

Callan.

"Michael Lenardon" <m.len...@shaw.ca> wrote in message