Arcade Cabinet Decals

DarkSpectre

Oct 1, 2002, 10:48:31 PM10/1/02
I was helping my grandfather clean out his attic and he gave me a few Arcade
cabinet decals that he has had since the early 80s. One is the left and
right side of Pac-Man(mint on sticker sheet) and i think Galaga(mint on
sticker sheet). Is there a market for these? What would they be worth?

Thanks,

- DarkSpectre

guinness

Oct 2, 2002, 8:24:22 AM10/2/02
Left and right of PacMan? Because Pac-Man has steciled sides, I'd be
curious what the sticker looks like....

tim (NH)

"DarkSpectre" <darth...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

DarkSpectre

Oct 2, 2002, 9:53:46 AM10/2/02
Here are some pictures of both sides.

On each one it says "copyright© 1982 Wico Corporation"

The shipping label for the address for Wico Industries that is on the tube
is:

Wico Corporation
10514 King WM. Dr.
Dallas Texas 75220

There is a number on the tube that is also on the decals themselves. That
number is 26-3169

Here are pictures of the decals, i will post more if needed.
Sorry if they aren't that great, i have a shitty digital camera

http://www.burningcode.com/pacmanleft.jpg
http://www.burningcode.com/pacmanright.jpg
http://www.burningcode.com/pacmantubeserial.jpg (blurry pic but the serial
is clear)

Thanks

- DarkSpectre

"guinness" <guin...@aspi.net> wrote in message

bernie

Oct 2, 2002, 11:24:44 AM10/2/02
wow, thats ugly.

--

bernie
www.bernieberg.com

Chuck Geigner

Oct 2, 2002, 4:29:04 PM10/2/02
Wow - didn't know Wico ever made replacement art - they are akin to what
I would expect from Willis (another arcade replacement art company from
the 80's). Interesting but not original and probably not worth a whole
lot, sorry :/ Might try eBay if you want ot sell - someone out there
might fall in love with it, you never know :)

Chuck G
--

DarkSpectre wrote:

> Here are some pictures of both sides.
>
> On each one it says "copyright© 1982 Wico Corporation"
>
> The shipping label for the address for Wico Industries that is on the tube
> is:
>
> Wico Corporation
> 10514 King WM. Dr.
> Dallas Texas 75220
>
> There is a number on the tube that is also on the decals themselves. That
> number is 26-3169
>
> Here are pictures of the decals, i will post more if needed.
> Sorry if they aren't that great, i have a shitty digital camera

--
Chuck Geigner --------------------------------------------------------
AIX SysOp,
Milner Library, Illinois State Univ.
"Been borrowing Occam's Razor since 1992 - Haven't cut myself yet."
http://www.uhacc.org/~mongoose _____________________________ WYGIWISYG

Paige Oliver

Oct 2, 2002, 5:37:12 PM10/2/02
Those Pac stickers are bootlegs of some kind. But I'll give you $20 for
them.

DarkSpectre

Oct 2, 2002, 4:43:39 PM10/2/02
I just rolled them back out.

they both say © Willis Industries 1982

Sorry about the confusion.

The tube they were in was from Wico. I gotta bit confused!

I will take a pic of it if needed.

- Darkspectre

"Chuck Geigner" <gei...@sal.it.ilstu.edu> wrote in message

Chuck Geigner

Oct 2, 2002, 6:04:37 PM10/2/02
I _thought_ they looked Willis-esque. :)

TTYL
Chuck
--

M. Calvert

Oct 2, 2002, 7:07:27 PM10/2/02
Those stickers are awesome. That Pac Hack looks like he's puking up
the cherries. I love those white tights he has on his legs. Some Pac
Man nut will definitely want those for his oddball collection, I'd
think. For novelty, if anything. Too funny.

Daniel Goett

Oct 2, 2002, 7:40:58 PM10/2/02
those are dreadful!!!

"DarkSpectre" <darth...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Dave F

Oct 3, 2002, 7:59:04 AM10/3/02

Analog-X

Oct 3, 2002, 1:18:39 PM10/3/02
You should post those pictures on EBAY, for a wider marker/audience to
see.

Most guys here would go for the Original Side ART.

Those pictures looked like something I once saw in a night mare :)
coughed up my own cherrys looking at them :)

PA jamma man

Oct 4, 2002, 6:03:00 PM10/4/02
ana...@hotmail.com (Analog-X) wrote in message news:<456d355f.02100...@posting.google.com>...

Those things are awesome. If you did got the eBay route, I'd bid on
'em. Maybe stick them on my truck.

Seth
pgh, pa

p @ j a m m a m a n "D0T" com

M. Calvert

Oct 4, 2002, 10:19:32 PM10/4/02
I knew those would be hot items...I'm going to buy an old cabinet just
to stick those things on.

CrazyMan

Oct 13, 2002, 4:40:29 AM10/13/02
Got some pics of the Galaga set?