Original Tron game design documents!

Alpha1

Mar 16, 2006, 10:00:04 AM3/16/06

vernimark

Mar 16, 2006, 10:24:25 AM3/16/06
Great!
It could be a good idea to make a PDF manual with these pictures.

Marco

Jack (www.villagebbs.com)

Mar 16, 2006, 11:55:45 AM3/16/06
Excellent read.

= numsix
= http://tac.villagebbs.com

CONAN THE LIBRARIAN (andrew)

Mar 16, 2006, 1:33:31 PM3/16/06
I suppose this reinforces that Discs of Tron and Tron were supposed to be
one game.

"Alpha1" <inbox...@arcadeoll.com> wrote in news:U3fSf.1501$g76.1373
@newsfe2-gui.ntli.net:

> http://www.arcadeoll.com/pics/trondocs/

computer...@hotmail.com

Mar 16, 2006, 2:01:24 PM3/16/06
Very cool to read. One question, maybe everyone knows this but I don't
so I'll ask, is Dave Nutting (from the final couple of documents) any
relation to Nutting Associates that made Computer Space back in 1971? I
see Dave Nutting's game credits include Boot Hill 1977, Checkmate 1977,
Datsun 280 Zzzap 1976, Gorf 1981, Gun Fight 1975, Robby Robo 1981, Sea
Wolf 1976, and Wizard of Wor 1980. He is obviously an important person
in gaming history, but is he anything to do with Nutting Associates? I
know Nolan Bushnell approached Bill Nutting to get his Computer Space
made. Is Dave any relation to Bill?

me

Mar 20, 2006, 10:39:48 AM3/20/06
"Alpha1" <inbox...@arcadeoll.com> wrote in message
> http://www.arcadeoll.com/pics/trondocs/

sweet. Anyone remember the TV show 3-2-1 Contact? I think
it was a 2nd season episode (this one:
http://www.tv.com/3-2-1-contact/building-modular/episode/307619/summary.html
)
One of the guys visited a video game manufacturer, and the game
they were showing was Tron (he was shown playing the game at
the beginning of the episode). They had at least one level that neve
made it (not sure if it was actually in the game, or if it was just a story
board). I have the episode on tape somewhere, but unfortunately,
have no idea where it's at :(