Defender eproms?

Bruce

Apr 4, 2007, 8:51:46 AM4/4/07
Hi guys - could use a little help with regard to creating a new set of roms
for my Defender. (fairly sure that's the problem now).
Got the binaries (MAME of course) and got access to an eprom burner but what
about the blank eproms?
I'm seeing 2532 x 2 plus 2716 x9. They seem scarce and expensive...(?).
Is this the way to go or is there a more modern alternative?

Thanks heaps,
Bruce.

livnfr...@yahoo.com

Apr 4, 2007, 10:00:09 AM4/4/07
arcadechips dot com

todd...@yahoo.com

Apr 4, 2007, 10:10:41 AM4/4/07
The people who burn arcade ROM's are quick to buy up bulk deals on
ROM's. I used to see a lot more bulk sales on e-bay but those
suppliers are now dealing directly with buyers. The bad part about
buying ROM's in bulk is that many won't work so re-sellers take that
risk. Of course I've gotten a number of bad ROM's from re-sellers and
had to eat the cost because re-sellers aren't so good with returns.

Your best bet is to reuse the ROM's that you have. Peel off the
labels, erase them and re-burn. Cross your fingers that none will
fail but expect the worst because it does happen. Remember to retry
the failures a few times because they can eventually work.

Repeated failures can make the ROM's slower to read but that's a whole
other discussion. I always double-burn mine to be sure the bits are
clearly set and will read quickly.

Bruce

Apr 6, 2007, 9:40:53 PM4/6/07
thanks for that!
<livnfr...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> arcadechips dot com

Bruce

Apr 6, 2007, 9:51:54 PM4/6/07
OK, thanks a lot for the tips.
I don't have eproms to start with just the original proms so I'll keep
searching,
thanks
<todd...@yahoo.com> wrote in message