Classicarcadegrafix.com - quality?

1 view

Robotgreg

Jul 7, 2005, 2:31:46 PM7/7/05
Hi

I noticed that Classicarcadegrafix.com do side and front art for Galaxian as
well as many other repro art.

I'm also interested in the Gorf CPO.

Has anyone bought either of these from them or any other pieces that can
comment on the quality of the printing please?

Just wondering whether they're good enough as vaguely seem to remember
having heard bad things in the past but may have got the name mixed up with
another similar site.

Thanks in advance for any comments.

Cheers
Greg

Troy

Jul 7, 2005, 2:37:10 PM7/7/05
google is your friend, stay away from them.

Troy,

"Robotgreg" <robo...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Thebestofsteve2

Jul 7, 2005, 3:09:33 PM7/7/05
I ordered 2 midway coin door stickers that are made to look like
brushed metal. They sent me 3 extra ones, no charge. Two of them were
actual coin door plates scanned on to a computer then reproduced, but
the other 3 I got were pretty nice.

guinness

Jul 7, 2005, 3:54:39 PM7/7/05
>>I ordered 2 midway coin door stickers that are made to look like
brushed metal.

This is your answer. You're either the collector that would apply this to
your game, or the collector that wouldn't.

tim (NH)

"Thebestofsteve2" <thebest...@aol.com> wrote in message

Brian Adkins

Jul 7, 2005, 10:51:50 PM7/7/05
I just received a repro Bosconian cpo from them. I'm assuming this is the
same company with the website: http://www.classicarcadegrafix.com/ . I was
generally pleased with the item. It's printed in a vinyl material and has a
similar feel to the original in texture and thickness. The colors were also
"correct". The adhesive backing is also very sticky and should lay down
nicely when applied. Overall, I'm pleased. Considering that NOBODY else
makes anything Bosconian and the one on my game right now looks like crap,
this was my only option. Thank god it's not a very bad option to have.
Again, if you can find a good quality silkscreen repro or an nos piece, buy
it. But if you have to go the ink jet route, this company makes some good
pieces. At least as far as the cpo's are concerned.

Brian

Robotgreg

Jul 8, 2005, 6:19:58 PM7/8/05
Hi guys

Thanks for all your advice. Think on balance I'll give them a miss.

But does anyone know of any other places to get hold of the Galaxian side
art and Gorf CPO?

Cheers again
Greg

"Brian Adkins" <wizard...@comcast.net> wrote in message

Eric Deveaud

Jul 9, 2005, 6:43:16 AM7/9/05
Robotgreg wrote:

> But does anyone know of any other places to get hold of the Galaxian side
> art and Gorf CPO?

not a printer, but take a look here
Galaxian side art
<URL:http://www.localarcade.com/4images/details.php?image_id=354&mode=search>
<URL:http://www.localarcade.com/4images/details.php?image_id=352&mode=search>

Galaxian Kick plate
<URL:http://www.localarcade.com/4images/details.php?image_id=353&mode=search>

Gorf uprigth CPO
<URL:http://www.localarcade.com/4images/details.php?image_id=519&mode=search>

Eric

--
Et tes réflexions virtuelles ne t'ont pas amenées à penser que peut être
l'erreur pouvait eventuellement (...), mélé à une conjonction d'Alpha du

mudmantim

Jul 9, 2005, 7:57:17 AM7/9/05
I just won a Mortal Kombat CPO from them.

The great thing about it is that they can make you any size that you
want.

I haven't received it yet, but can't wait. As long as it is the size
that I wanted and is close in color, I will be happy.

One thing I did notice, when you e-mail them and ask questions they
don't answer them. They just send you some links telling you that you
will find the information requested there. It was a pain in the ass
and I really never did find all the info that I was looking for.

-Tim

mudmantim

Jul 20, 2005, 7:56:55 AM7/20/05
I received my CPO Monday and it looks great.

Bad thing, they ship them in folded up boxes. So, I got a big fold
crease about exactly under the "T" and above the "MO" on the left side,
straight down, about an inch wide.

I e-mailed them right away about this and asked for a replacement
shipped in a real square type box, not a folded up box. No response
yet.

As soon as I seen the package I knew it was messed up. I remembered
and had to check, I got a Galaxian CPO from back in October shipped the
same way. It was folded also, so they replaced that one. And the new
one arrived the same way, folded.

Both CPO's look great. I don't know about the glue, because I haven't
received one that I can use yet.

I wish that they would ship in real boxes. I thought that the post
office didn't allow any type of use of their Priority Mail boxes other
than the way it is suppose to be anyway?

Well, I will just have to wait and find out what happens. They
normally answer e-mails quickly, not this time though.

I haven't left feedback yet, but who really looks at that when the
seller has over 2300?

-Tim

mudmantim

Jul 29, 2005, 6:51:36 AM7/29/05
I received my replacement in the mail the other day. It looks great,
just like Mortal Kombat should look and it's the perfect size of what I
need.

I probably won't actually stick it down, so I won't know about the
glue.

But as far as quality goes, it looks and feels great.

I haven't purchased from anyone else, so I have no one to compare.

I am pleased.

-Tim

trwilliams3

Aug 16, 2005, 2:09:37 AM8/16/05
For the record, their quality is average but their selection is
excellent. The Qix CP overlay I got from them was not the *exact* copy
that I expected -- artwork details were missing and the player start
button art was not in the right place. To their credit they offered to
attempt to match but I have one of Archer's repro's so I didn't want to
deal with the hassle. I also purchased their Star Wars sideart and
it's decent at best. I guess I'm a snob when it comes to my games and
there is NO WAY I would apply this artwork. It's too glossy and
doesn't look like it would stand the test of time. HOWEVER, I didn't
return it either. Until someone does a better job I'm going to hang on
to it. After all, what other alternatives do I have? NONE.

You really have to consider your alternatives and how desperate you are
for a particular piece.

The following sell items that are, IMHO, flawless.

arcadeshop.com
arcaderenovations.com
phoenixarcade.com