Pengo PCB - help needed

1 view

Ralph Kimmlingen

Apr 22, 1995, 3:00:00 AM4/22/95

Hello,

I recently bought a Pengo-PCB and it doesn't work properly. After soldering
a connector according to the pinout-archive from wiretap.spies.com
the board came up with a scrambled screen (colors ok) and no sound.

The screen shows a repetitive pattern of (correct) ice-cube graphics, which
will change if the DIP-switch setting is altered or the joystick is pushed.
The sound amp seems to be ok, as the pot produces some noise when turned.
The CPU seems to be ok, as the board reacts to switch settings.

My guess is, that at least one of the EPROMS is partially unreadable, or
(worse) some video logic ist broken.

It would be nice if someone could dump the EPROMS of his board and send
the binaries to me or/and give some other repair hints.

thanx,

Ralph