Repro Graphics Question

Cartoondog

Mar 29, 2006, 9:03:04 PM3/29/06
I need to buy side art for my Tempest, and saw that Arcade Amusments
sells them for a good price, but has anyone seen the quality of these?
I was unhappy with the StarWars Marquee I purchased from them, too
small (width) and missing lingo and (C) info. So I am a little gun
shy. I also noticed that ClassicArcadeGraphix sells the Tempest side
art for quite a bit more, but I know nothing about their quality
either.

Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks.

arc...@wizmail.net

Mar 29, 2006, 9:19:21 PM3/29/06

www.arcadeshop.com has it. If you value your game at all you'll go
that route as they have quality stuff.

Phoenixarcade.com used to have them, but ran out. I believe that
arcadeshops is the same quality if not from the same films.

Why you would pay more from one of the ink jet crap places is beyond
me. Buy the quality stuff while you still can.

Jim

JohnVV

Mar 29, 2006, 9:39:37 PM3/29/06
I was fortunate enough to pick up and unused set of Phoenixarcade
Tempest sideart recently. I applied it last week and it looks great.
The arcadeshop work looks identical in terms of materials and appears
to be silkscreen as well. Call them and verify that their work is
silkscreened. Prepping the cab and applying the new art is lots of
work and expense. Go with the best art you can to make it worthwhile.
While you are there, checkout the Tempest marquee. I rebuilt mine
(including new glass) and it looks awesome.

If you haven't read up on how best to prep the cabinet for the art, do
some more research. In short, strip, clean, patch, sand, prime, sand,
prime, sand, maybe apply a layer of white paint, wet sand, and cure.
You want those side near glass smooth so your art looks awesome.

phoenixarcade.com

Mar 29, 2006, 10:02:46 PM3/29/06

arc...@wizmail.net wrote:

> www.arcadeshop.com has it.

> Phoenixarcade.com used to have them, but ran out. I believe that
> arcadeshops is the same quality if not from the same films.

myself and arcadeshop bought out the remaning inventory of tempest side
art from arcaderenovations. so both of ours are the same pieces

i havent had that many inquiries to rerun it so i havent done so.

phoenixarcade.com

Mar 29, 2006, 10:30:01 PM3/29/06