FS: Taito multigame pcb

VUKsys3

Aug 14, 2006, 5:31:03 PM8/14/06
This is a Jamma multi board, and plays 10 Taito games:

Arkanoid
Bubble Bobble
Elevator Action
Jungle Hunt
Puzzle Bobble
Qix
Rainbow Islands
Rastan
Space Invaders
Zoo Keeper

All original arcade versions, licensed by Taito
Menu based selection screen
Board runs off 5V only

Asking $275 shipped in the US.

Thanks for looking!

Steve Prendergast

Aug 14, 2006, 5:59:44 PM8/14/06

I've never heard/seen this one ... Got any pics?

Checked system 16's Taito page and can't find this board listed
either...

Steve Prendergast

Aug 14, 2006, 6:09:52 PM8/14/06

> I've never heard/seen this one ... Got any pics?
>
> Checked system 16's Taito page and can't find this board listed
> either...

Ok, I think I figured this out - it's one of the PVGTECH boards from
the Taito Classics countertop games (model 446 shown on the link below)
that they were selling at BJ's last fall (supposed to be a notch or 2
above the Target multi games from what I remember).

http://www.pvgtech.com/Pictures.htm

VUKsys3

Aug 14, 2006, 6:11:29 PM8/14/06
It's identical to the boards used in the "Gameroom Classics" machines
that were selling last Christmas. I can take pictures, if you like.
It's about the size of an Arcadeshop Multi PCB, but has a SD card
reader on the board instead of serial port. The games are on the SD
memory card. I suppose someone with some computer skills could figure
out how to get other games running on it. The games run really well,
graphics and sound are spot on, far as I can tell, Qix and Arkanoid
aren't stretched, but the top of the screen where the scores would be
are on the side, keeping the vertical orientaion. It's great little
board, but I have another one and the project I was building to use
this board with got scrapped.

Steve Prendergast

Aug 14, 2006, 6:20:43 PM8/14/06

Sounds like a cool little board - I know I wouldn't mind seeing pics of
this as I have a number of the various factory "multi" boards.. I
don't know that I can justify spending the cash at the moment to buy
this, but it does sound interesting and I didn't know that the PVGTECH
boards were JAMMA!

I can host pics if you want to email them to me.

Thanks!

Joey

Aug 14, 2006, 6:22:23 PM8/14/06
This would kick ass in a nice Taito generic cabinet..

Joey
joey...@hotmail.com

"Steve Prendergast" <stevenpr...@gmail.com> wrote in message

VUKsys3

Aug 14, 2006, 6:25:25 PM8/14/06
Cool Steve, I'll send some to you.

guinness

Aug 14, 2006, 8:20:46 PM8/14/06
I'd be curious about the audio quality. I have a 25" JAMMA cabinet that
could use one of these, thus breaking my aftermarketboard virginity (aside
from Spaeth's multi Berzerk\Frenzy and a 96-1 Pac).

tim (NH)

pr0s...@aol.com

Aug 14, 2006, 9:19:58 PM8/14/06

I was thinking of putting that board in my Qix thats dead. I have
another Qix cab if anybody is interested in it, it's painted yellow,
but the cab is nice. Come and take it. Located in Pa. 19040.

Steve

Shred

Aug 15, 2006, 10:20:57 AM8/15/06

Steve Prendergast

Aug 15, 2006, 10:52:50 AM8/15/06
Here are the pics that Brendan emailed to me (thanks!). Wonder if the card
would be loaded with additonal ROM images or not...?? Probably not since
the menu software would also need to be updated, right?

http://set-in-led.0catch.com/taito/DSC00951.jpg
http://set-in-led.0catch.com/taito/DSC00952.jpg
http://set-in-led.0catch.com/taito/DSC00954.jpg
http://set-in-led.0catch.com/taito/DSC00955.jpg
http://set-in-led.0catch.com/taito/DSC00956.jpg
http://set-in-led.0catch.com/taito/DSC00957.jpg
http://set-in-led.0catch.com/taito/DSC00958.jpg
http://set-in-led.0catch.com/taito/DSC00959.jpg

--
-Steve P.

All messages are scanned with Norton Anti-Virus

"VUKsys3" <cda...@aol.com> wrote in message

thrushguy

Aug 15, 2006, 11:32:12 AM8/15/06
I'd be curious to see if the upright uses just a different SD card (I think
it has more games), and if so, if you could just pop the other one in. I
would imagine that with all the different products they're currently making
that it's just the SD card that's different and the board is the same in
each game.

Scott

"Steve Prendergast" <stevenpr...@gmail.com> wrote in message

VUKsys3

Aug 15, 2006, 7:07:36 PM8/15/06

Yes, the SNK, Capcom and UR Taito are all just different SD cards, same
board. There has to be away to get other roms to run on this
hardware... if only someone could get ahold of the source software, or
hack the code on the card itself. I dumped the data using a card
reader onto my computer and looked at it with a hex editor, but I
didn't see anything I could modify. Then again, I know virtually
nothing about programming.

kiwasabi

Aug 16, 2006, 4:49:35 AM8/16/06
Wow, that would be just crazy to run essentially any game you want on
an actual PCB. Kinda the same technology as a flash cart(like the
gba/ds ones that are flying around). Sounds extremely feasible to me. I
have a z64 drive for my n64 and all that is is a zip drive for the n64.
I use normal zip disks on it and just dump on roms with the proper file
format(.z64 or .rom I believe). There really has to be a way to do
something similar with an SD card. Someone with access should just try
dumping roms of the same file format on and fool around with the
original code.

-Adam

kiwasabi

Aug 16, 2006, 4:55:01 AM8/16/06
Also, I just thought about it and there are actually either 2gb or 4gb
sd cards around these days. Could you imagine having 2-4gb of roms on
one board you could play with? There would have to be some restrictions
with the roms though on the board wouldn't there? I honestly don't know
how a PCB works as compared to a computer.

(Sorry for hijacking your thread, this is just very interesting.
Somebody should buy this from him!)

VUKsys3

Aug 16, 2006, 6:03:01 AM8/16/06
The limitations, on this pcb at least, would be the processor speed and
memory. There are two 128 MB chips on board and the processor is a
Intel PXA270 which, upon googling, seems to be fairly impressive.
Considering it can run Neo Geo games like Metal Slug and KoF it should
be capable of handling anything in the X68K realm on down.

Message has been deleted