Chuck E. Cheese drops their game prices to one token

orubin.com

Nov 18, 2003, 10:15:21 PM11/18/03
Like the subject says. If you like some of the newer games, this is quite a bargain.

thrushguy

Nov 18, 2003, 10:24:23 PM11/18/03
I dropped my lunch after eating there once a long time ago.. and haven't
been back since.

Scott

"orubin.com" <tlcga...@chartermi.net> wrote in message

SaraAB

Nov 19, 2003, 2:56:03 PM11/19/03
i have wondered about this, have they raised the price of the tokens
though?, also i have heard their games are very ill maintained due to
all the kids yanking on them and stuff (also do they really have many
games, its all redemption crap now mostly), also i dont even think you
are allowed to go into chuck e cheese's unless you are with a child

MARK

Nov 19, 2003, 8:11:51 PM11/19/03
I started laughing when i read that you dropped your lunch after eating
there:))) They have to lower the price of these new games.I will put 2.00
into a game only once.Just to try it.If your not an expert already.You get
to play for a minute or two for 2.00 They can (Hug a Nut) for that price.And
i'll just hold my lunch before eating that crap.

--
THANKS.MARK,
MARKLINE VENDING

"thrushguy" <thru...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Joshua DeLorenzo

Nov 19, 2003, 8:51:27 PM11/19/03
I go there semi-regularly with my young daughter or nephews/nieces and a
good time is had by all. The one in Syracuse has many arcade games among the
redemptions including a missile command/centipede/bowler and mspac/galaga as
well as one pin that is always free. They also constantly have coupons for
80 tokens for 10.00 and there are tokens readily available off this news
group. With the dwindling arcade options that exist, I go there and have a
good time. -Joshua

Madoc Owain

Nov 19, 2003, 11:00:41 PM11/19/03
In related news, price of a token at Chuck E. Cheese has increased to
$1.50 . When asked for a comment, Cheese merely stated, "Hell, I've got
256 children to feed!"

M.O.
http://www.madocowain.com
http://www.playmaille.com

tim

Nov 20, 2003, 12:02:49 AM11/20/03
nymechan...@rodeocowgirl.zzn.com (SaraAB) wrote in message news:<e3b37317.03111...@posting.google.com>...

> i have wondered about this, have they raised the price of the tokens
> though?,
No all tokens are still just 25 cents each and are even less if you
buy at least $10 at the cash registers

also i have heard their games are very ill maintained due to
> all the kids yanking on them and stuff

Not true at least not at my store. Any game that goes down has to be
fixed within 48 hours. Games that are considered down are not only
the ones that have no power, but any one that any light is not working
on. In my store over 100 hours each week is dedicated to cleaning and
maintaining games. I have several new games and some that are 8-10
years old and you can hardly tell any difference. Any part to the
game that breaks or chips or needs artwork is done right away. I have
a generous budget that allows me each month to order any necessary
parts, upgrades or cosmetic issues. I have 60 games and all get
cleaned on a daily bases and at least once a month preventative
maintenance is performed which includes cleaning the inside of the
games, making sure no hardware down to the smallest screw is there,
checking the voltages, deguassing the monitors, new balls installed,
touch up painted. So while it true they do get there share of abuse
they do get fixed in a timely manner.

(also do they really have many
> games, its all redemption crap now mostly),

Here you are correct out of the 60 games I have only about 10 would
really interest the members of RGVAC. We do have 2 Crusin USA sit
downs, a Wave runner, Simpsons Pinball Party, Tsumo ( a microsoft
built game that looks like a big glas bubble you sit in and plays Mech
Warrior 4, Crimson Skies, and 3 roller coaster simulators) as well as
a retrocade which inlcudes the classics centipede, millipede, missle
command and bowling. The redemption games are there for good reasons
though...kids love them and they make a lot more money. On a typical
week Simpsons or Retrocade may get about 400 plays each while 90% of
redemption games will get more than that and most will double that
amount. We have about 4 games in particular that will get over 2000
plays a week.

also i dont even think you
> are allowed to go into chuck e cheese's unless you are with a child

Somewhat correct. We do not allow any unsupervised youth under the
age of 18 in and single adults or those with no children need to see a
manager before entering. I am happy to let those adults in though
that love to play games and are there for fun, but it helps me keep
out some that might prey on children or cause trouble.
Anytime you are in Tyler Tx and want to stop by I would be glad to let
you in and treat you to some games (maybe even some pizza) as well as
anyone in this newsgroup kids or not.

I do hope that my store is the norm and not the exception. There are
some franchised stores still around that dont quite have as high a
standard as the corprate owned ones I am told, but could be wrong.

Tim Peterson
Tecnical Manager
CEC Tyler Tx

Iain Odlin

Nov 20, 2003, 12:34:59 AM11/20/03
On 19 Nov 2003 21:02:49 -0800, timb...@aol.com (tim) wrote:

>Tim Peterson
>Tecnical Manager
>CEC Tyler Tx

So, Tim: Is it still company policy to destroy games when you're done with
them rather than sell them off?

-Iain

LBarry7637

Nov 20, 2003, 2:22:59 AM11/20/03
>In related news, price of a token at Chuck E. Cheese has increased to
>$1.50 . When asked for a comment, Cheese merely stated, "Hell, I've got
>256 children to feed!"

That is hell of funny!!!

Craig

Steve

Nov 20, 2003, 6:56:45 AM11/20/03
The Chuck Cheese in our area only has 2 video games that adults and
teens can play..
Of course I no longer go after a fight broke out in the store and
chairs started flying...Ruining my sons birthday party... Scared the
crap out of us because all the employees but one ran in the back, and
nobody stopped them..They didnt even call the police..
They eventually went outside and started fighting in the parking
lot.. Then somebody called the police..

A bunch of teenagers were running the store, and no supervisor.

Funny thing is a reporter was doing a story on my son at the time and
printed the whole fight in the paper..

I don't feel my children are very safe inside because of the lack of
security.

They did give us a free party, ONLY after I complained to Corporate
Headquarters..

They can make the tokens 10 for a penny and I won't go back..

tim

Nov 20, 2003, 8:38:06 AM11/20/03
Iain Odlin <i_o...@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<elkorvgf896gl1dte...@4ax.com>...

No they are warehoused and sold at auctions. I have seen some at
Super Auctions. I have heard this before and perhaps there is some
truth to it in earlier days, but I know of a lot of people around here
who bought games from CEC in the 80s when they shut down the Tyler
store. Warehouse is in Kansas by the way and they are always looking
for workers who can refurbish games:)

Azarcadegames

Nov 20, 2003, 9:19:27 AM11/20/03
they are still burning games here in Phoenix. thats a fact.

Matt

Nov 20, 2003, 11:26:05 AM11/20/03
" also i dont even think you
> are allowed to go into chuck e cheese's unless you are with a child"

The one in Pensacola, FL had awesome beer specials and you could go
and have a REALLY good time-there were very few kids in there (might
be out of business by now-this was 2 years ago). We never went with
any kids. I had a friend get stuck in the big tube thing, though, and
that was the end of that fun. They even had a few good classic games
there, too...

(Classicade) Bret Pehrson

Nov 20, 2003, 12:00:18 PM11/20/03
They serve beer at a kids restaurant??? What kind of stupid policy is that?

--
Bret Pehrson
Classicade

*** N O W S E L L I N G ***
Check out C-POP -- the ultimate overlay protectant and conditioner!
http://www.classicade.com/cpop.htm

Atari Star Wars thumb trigger rebuild kits!
http://www.classicade.com/trigger_kit.htm
*** N O W S E L L I N G ***

Azarcadegames

Nov 20, 2003, 12:25:22 PM11/20/03
Not sure if this qualifies, but the Gameworks by me sells alcohol and if you go
there at night on the weekends it seems their gross is probably larger in the
bar than on the games.

Ive pounded a few cocktails there myself, then dropped $25 on an unlimited game
card many times.

But I can see Chuck being different since the theme is kids. Its all about
moderation I guess.

MARK

Nov 20, 2003, 12:39:52 PM11/20/03
When he got stuck in the tube(Must have been funny) You should have dropped
your lunch on him.That would have made him get out fast.Im laughing at the
thought of that.There pizza sucked.The used those machines to push the dough
down.To spread it out.Makes you very nauseas after you eat that crap.They
should call the place Upchucky Cheese.:)

--
THANKS.MARK,
MARKLINE VENDING
BUY/SELL/TRADE/VIDEO GAMES
VENDING MACHINES,SLOTS,PINBALLS
OVER 100+CLASSIC VIDEO GAMES IN STOCK,ETC.ETC.
516-678-9671

"(Classicade) Bret Pehrson" <br...@classicade.com> wrote in message

Azarcadegames

Nov 20, 2003, 12:51:58 PM11/20/03
and to think i was jumped on for a spelling and punctuation error

Tntquality

Nov 20, 2003, 1:24:16 PM11/20/03
No matter what is said about CEC, my two girls love going to the place--and
they get a steady diet of arcade games here at my party place --and in my home
arcade. The Pizza has improved...the food deals are good...it will always be a
madhouse of course...my 4 year old's party in Jan for 25 kids and 25 adults
(with a $40 tip) cost $490...but the kids did have fun and the adults were
satisfied with the food (we ordered all kinds of pizza)....what CEC DESPERTLY
needs are Megatouch Touchscreen games for the adults....HOW ABOUT IT???
Todd from TNT Amusements...our address is 1310 Industrial Blvd. Southampton PA
18966...website: tntamusements.com email:tntqu...@AOL.com. Our phone
number is 215-953-1188 then press 0 to skip automation. We're open everyday
except Wed & Sun 10 to 8

Dan

Nov 20, 2003, 2:01:00 PM11/20/03
On Thu, 20 Nov 2003, (Classicade) Bret Pehrson wrote:
> They serve beer at a kids restaurant??? What kind of stupid policy is that?

I dunno, if I'm gonna be surrounded by hundreds of screaming kids, I need
a beer damnit ;) Tons of restaurants that cater towards kids and families
still serve alcohol to adults, this shouldn't be much of suprise, it's all
about money. -dan

(Classicade) Bret Pehrson

Nov 20, 2003, 2:44:47 PM11/20/03
> it's all about money.

Sad, but true. Regardless, it is 100% inappropriate.

tim

Nov 20, 2003, 4:54:42 PM11/20/03
azarca...@aol.com (Azarcadegames) wrote in message news:<20031120091927...@mb-m15.aol.com>...

> they are still burning games here in Phoenix. thats a fact.

Ouch...I hate to hear that...maybe when I get enough pull I can stop
that. I am going to email a few people and hear the reasoning. Are
these games still playable?

Matt

Nov 20, 2003, 9:24:36 PM11/20/03
"(Classicade) Bret Pehrson" <br...@classicade.com> wrote in message news:<3FBD19AF...@classicade.com>...

> > it's all about money.
>
> Sad, but true. Regardless, it is 100% inappropriate.

If you read my post again, you'll see I mentioned that there WEREN'T
ANY KIDS IN THE PLACE. Probably why they're out of business...

Matt