Berzerk zpu1000 work in a Frenzy cab?

JH

Sep 5, 2004, 3:59:25 PM9/5/04
Can I test a Berzerk ZPU 1000 board in a working Frenzy cab just by swapping
the zpu boards?

I found someone on google that said frenzy would swap into a berzerk cab.

Thanks,
Jim

AubHtr

Sep 5, 2004, 5:45:57 PM9/5/04
>Can I test a Berzerk ZPU 1000 board in a working Frenzy cab just by swapping
>the zpu boards?

Yes you can.

JH

Sep 5, 2004, 7:37:22 PM9/5/04
Hey thanks Mike. The working Frenzy cab has the boardset I bought from you
a year or so ago! I tested my Berzerk board in the Frenzy Cab and it gives
me 1 beep then 2 beeps and a cycle of screen garbage repeats over and over.
There are two basic garbage screens, the first is random colors in small
tiles covering the whole screen, and the second screen is about 8 larger
blocks of colors. Each screen stays on for a second or two and then repeats
again. Any idea what could be bad?

Thanks,
Jim
"AubHtr" <aub...@aol.com> wrote in message

AubHtr

Sep 5, 2004, 9:03:32 PM9/5/04
>There are two basic garbage screens, the first is random colors in small
>tiles covering the whole screen, and the second screen is about 8 larger
>blocks of colors.

This is actually the test screen showing which Ram on the Ram board is bad.

Hmmm, I would first remove the 2 cables connecting the ZPU to the BSC and the
ones connecting the BSC to the VFB board and clean the board pins with a razor.
Maybe even swap the cables around to see if that changes the screen or number
of beeps in the test.

Next, check the one 2114 RAM on the ZPU and the 4 - 2114's on the BSC board.

If that doesn't fix it email me and I'll help you out.