Wizard Of Wor reset issues

1 view

Ryan Waelde

Mar 28, 2004, 10:01:24 AM3/28/04
I have a Wizard of Wor cocktail that has resseting issues. It will
power up and constantly reset after 2 seconds and just loop over and
over again. I have replaced the power supply with a new switcher from
Arcadeshop, and have reseated all of the chips. Could someone help me
out?

Scott Caldwell

Mar 28, 2004, 8:26:01 PM3/28/04
Have you verified the switcher is getting good voltage from
the wall, via the old power cord, and the ground is good? I
had a Ms. Pac-Man do this and traced it back to a bad cord.
Once I replaced it, the game was fine.

Scott C.

Commander Dave

Mar 29, 2004, 12:05:49 AM3/29/04
If all the easy stuff fails, the watchdog timer might not be working. Since
I just moved, I can't tell you which pin to check on the boards, but perhaps
someone else could help out.

Also, there is a RESET pin on the cardcage where the power enters. You might
check that to see if it is going active every two seconds or so. Again, you
will have to check the schematics.

Oh, and be sure to do a Google search to see if someone else has the
answers. Check under Gorf also as they use basically the same cardcage and
boards.

Good luck... wish I could help you more, but all my game stuff hasn't been
moved over to my new apartment yet.

Cheers!
-Commander Dave

"Ryan Waelde" <rwa...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

eXidy

Mar 29, 2004, 6:48:57 PM3/29/04
I had this problem with one of my uprights. turned out to be some bad roms
on the rom board. Im not saying thats what it is, but you should do a
checksum on the roms.

jon/evile

Ryan Waelde

Mar 31, 2004, 6:50:45 AM3/31/04
Thanks for all the advice, I haven't been able to work on it in the
last couple of days due to work( Driving my ass off around the
mid-west). But I am going to hit it hard this weekend, Of course after
the St.Louis auction.