Pacman / Ms. Pacman Board Repair? Who?

Fools!

Jun 29, 2007, 6:56:52 PM6/29/07
I have an original Pacman board with the hack that allows you to play
2 games only: Pacman and Ms Pacman. It worked great and at firrst
came up without the Pac and ghost characters and now comes up with
misc. sprites. Who would fix these or who would you recomend to fix?

Mark C. Spaeth

Jun 29, 2007, 7:47:39 PM6/29/07
Fools! <reggie...@wi.rr.com> wrote:
: I have an original Pacman board with the hack that allows you to play

: 2 games only: Pacman and Ms Pacman. It worked great and at firrst
: came up without the Pac and ghost characters and now comes up with
: misc. sprites. Who would fix these or who would you recomend to fix?
:

I fix pacs :)

--
Mark Spaeth msp...@mtl.mit.edu
50 Vassar St., #38.265 msp...@mit.edu

Fools!

Jun 29, 2007, 8:30:19 PM6/29/07
Ahhhh, but you have your hands full with all of your other ventures.
Can anyone recommend any other options other than Eldorado and Spaeth?

Hans O

Jun 29, 2007, 10:34:03 PM6/29/07
BK,

Best man for the job is Bill Karkula in Chicago, hands down. If you
still need a Pac repair I'll get you in touch. LMK.

Hans O

telcodev

Jun 29, 2007, 10:02:43 PM6/29/07
On Jun 29, 5:30 pm, Fools! <reggietay...@wi.rr.com> wrote:
> Ahhhh, but you have your hands full with all of your other ventures.
> Can anyone recommend any other options other than Eldorado and Spaeth?

You can always try to do it yourself. If I were you, I would be
bidding on this auction:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150137282574
Does not have the ROMS, but Bob Roberts will sell them to you:
http://www.therealbobroberts.net http://www.therealbobroberts.net/mpacroms.jpg
Either Bob Roberts or Jameco will sell you a Z-80 processor.
Of course, no guarantees on this route, you may have to do some
debugging and research, but if I owned a PacMan it is the route I
would be on...
Just my $0.02 USD worth

Christian

Michael Roman

Jun 29, 2007, 10:35:54 PM6/29/07
I used this guy off eBay to repair my Ms Pac and it was a smooth and quick
transaction... Havent had any issues with my board and it has been approx 1
year now...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Pac-man-or-Ms-Pacman-Arcade-PCB-Board-Repair-Service_W0QQitemZ180134334993QQihZ008QQcategoryZ13718QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

- Mike

"Hans O" <p1...@wideopenwest.com> wrote in message

rCadeFan

Jun 29, 2007, 11:38:45 PM6/29/07
I agree with Hans, Bill K is the man with PACMAN pcb repair

Mark C. Spaeth

Jun 29, 2007, 11:58:39 PM6/29/07
Fools! <reggie...@wi.rr.com> wrote:
: Ahhhh, but you have your hands full with all of your other ventures.

: Can anyone recommend any other options other than Eldorado and Spaeth?

There's at least a dozen people who fix pacs. It's one of the easiest
and most straight-forward boards to fix.
:

Alf

Jun 30, 2007, 1:21:22 AM6/30/07

heh - who DOESNT fix pac boards

Alf

Jun 30, 2007, 1:22:17 AM6/30/07
why not just post his info to the ng so everyone can use him

Brien King

Jun 30, 2007, 2:15:59 AM6/30/07
What board would be the worst/hardest to fix (ignoring Acid Damage)?

Brien King
spamm...@arcaderestoration.com
http://www.arcaderestoration.com

MS> There's at least a dozen people who fix pacs. It's one of the
MS> easiest
MS> and most straight-forward boards to fix.
MS> :

Mark C. Spaeth

Jun 30, 2007, 10:19:44 AM6/30/07
Brien King <spamm...@arcaderestoration.com> wrote:
: What board would be the worst/hardest to fix (ignoring Acid Damage)?

Hm.. I'll go with Cruisin' Exotica. I doubt many repair shops have
a BGA placer and xray equipment to check if the part is properly
soldered.

...not like the custom chips are available to replace anyway.

Fools!

Jun 30, 2007, 6:18:15 PM6/30/07
Hans, I was under the impression that Bill's stopped taking repairs.
If not, great! I'd love his info!

William

Jul 1, 2007, 12:02:11 AM7/1/07

"Alf" <sirus...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> heh - who DOESNT fix pac boards

yeah.. Fixing a Pac was the first game I did..and I fixed it with the help
and advice found here in the newsgroups.

Chuk

Jul 1, 2007, 11:28:47 PM7/1/07
"Hans O" <p1...@wideopenwest.com> wrote in message
> BK,
>
> Best man for the job is Bill Karkula in Chicago, hands down. If you still
> need a Pac repair I'll get you in touch. LMK.
>
> Hans O

Does anyone have a way to get in touch with Bill? I've been trying for
months without any luck.

Vaxx

Jul 6, 2007, 9:11:25 AM7/6/07
pole position