Power supply for Joust

Jon

Sep 10, 2002, 11:14:33 AM9/10/02
Need a new/repair power supply for joust. Is it possible to repair old
one? What about new switching PS? Any help! Thanks!

Bret Pehrson

Sep 10, 2002, 11:49:11 AM9/10/02
Yes, the old PS can be repaired rather easily. There are common
maintenance parts on this board, you can buy a rebuild kit from various
sources, including Bob Roberts. Typically the problem is that the
voltage regulator chip dies. While rebuild, check the header pins for
cold solder joints and reflow as necessary.

http://www.therealbobroberts.com

--
Bret Pehrson
Classicade

Check out C-POP -- the ultimate overlay protectant and conditioner!
http://www.classicade.com/cpop.htm

Adam Pletcher

Sep 10, 2002, 12:07:38 PM9/10/02
Kurt Koller also sells Williams PS rebuild kits here:
http://www.coinop.org/sale/

Kurt's a great seller, I've installed two of his PS kits recently.

--
Adam

Kurt Koller

Sep 10, 2002, 1:08:34 PM9/10/02
Thanks, Adam.

The big difference is I sell the bridge rectifiers for the kits (other than
Defender, as those rectifiers are more common). I had a few boards where
the bridge was bad or marginal, so I thought others might as well.

--
Kurt Koller
http://coinop.org/

"Adam Pletcher" <adamSP...@volition-inc.com> wrote in message