Home use only Pengo and original Pengo sign for trade

Mike Doyle

Apr 15, 2003, 12:44:17 PM4/15/03
Last night I picked up a home use only Pengo, and after working on
many filthy pins and vids, I can't believe the difference getting a
game from a home -vs- a route makes. I imagined it would be fairly
clean, but this is amazing. The monitor (GO-7) doesn't have a speck
of dirt on the chassis, and the cab is spotless. Stapled to the
inside of the back door is the original paperwork, and what appear to
be flyers for Zaxxon and others underneath- but it has never been
opened (I left it sealed).

Even the coin door locks still have the original factory sticker seals
over them, what a hoot! It's almost like NIB. The owner received it
and the cardboard Pengo sign which is about 2ft by 3ft, as a promotion
from Pepsi when he was a distributor. Since I haven't cleared the
first level (I'm a collector, not a great player), I don't know if any
special code exist that is Pepsi specific. From Googling, I have seen
reference to Pepsi tie-ins to cart based games, and two of the ROM's
have written notations on them, but until I play it a while, I won't
know for sure. It was late when I unloaded it (has anyone ever gotten
home from a game deal at a decent hour?).

I'll put up some pics later this week, email any trade offers. I'm
located near Kansas City, and collect vids, pins, and jukes.

Thanks,
Mike Doyle
RFM/SWE-1, TZ, WW, FH, WW,

Brian Pipa

Apr 15, 2003, 2:32:23 PM4/15/03
Can you post a picture of the Pengo sign? I already have a Pengo, but
would lobe to see the sign.

Brian

Azarcadegames

Apr 15, 2003, 2:43:13 PM4/15/03
id be interested in the game

darin

Mike Doyle

Apr 16, 2003, 10:40:23 AM4/16/03
I'll get some pics up of the sign and machine. I'd love to discover
some hidden Pepsi code on this game- if only I could finish the first
level, Doh!

Time to study up on Pengo strategy.

Mike Doyle

Dave W

Apr 16, 2003, 2:08:57 PM4/16/03
mdo...@wegelectric.com (Mike Doyle) wrote in message news:<bee9cdc3.03041...@posting.google.com>...

> I'll get some pics up of the sign and machine. I'd love to discover
> some hidden Pepsi code on this game- if only I could finish the first
> level, Doh!
>
> Time to study up on Pengo strategy.

There's a rack advance dip just like pac, but I don't remember which
one. If you think it might be different I can dump it for you and let
you know.

Dave

Brian Pipa

Apr 16, 2003, 6:04:22 PM4/16/03
Mike Doyle wrote:
> I'll get some pics up of the sign and machine. I'd love to discover
> some hidden Pepsi code on this game- if only I could finish the first
> level, Doh!

Too bad I'm not nearby. I can get pretty far on Pengo. Great game - Note
where the eggs are and destroy those before they hatch. Make sure you
use the wall's electric shock if/when you need to.

Brian

Kilkeeslps

Apr 16, 2003, 10:34:46 PM4/16/03
Here are some pics (posting from my home email addy). The first pic also shows
the Pengo sign that was part of the Pepsi promotion. There is a splatter of
silver paint on the coin door (how do these people do things like that?) it's
not "coin entry wear". The Sega quality assurance seal is still on the lock on
the coin door.

Maybe best of all- this baby came from a non-smoking home!

http://www.members.aol.com/kilkeeslps/8pen.jpg
http://www.members.aol.com/kilkeeslps/1pen.jpg
http://www.members.aol.com/kilkeeslps/2pen.jpg
http://www.members.aol.com/kilkeeslps/3pen.jpg
http://www.members.aol.com/kilkeeslps/4pen.jpg
http://www.members.aol.com/kilkeeslps/5pen.jpg
http://www.members.aol.com/kilkeeslps/6pen.jpg
http://www.members.aol.com/kilkeeslps/7pen.jpg

Kilkeeslps

Apr 16, 2003, 10:40:23 PM4/16/03
By the way- I couldn't locate the rack advance switch, Spies doesn't list that
bank of dip switches, and I didn't want to crack open the sealed paperwork in
the game. I still couldn't get past that first level, and now I have that damn
song stuck in my head.

If anyones got info on which bank is the rack advance switch, and how to step
through racks, let me know. I suspect some form of Pepsi specific code is on
this machine since it was a tie-in, I just can't get there.

Regards,
Mike Doyle

Troy

Apr 16, 2003, 10:46:56 PM4/16/03
Very nice game, pengo is a great game, and to see one in that shape tops the
cake. But i want the maneater in the background, hehe

troy
www.arcadeunlimited.com
Decatur, Illinois

David Widel

Apr 16, 2003, 10:53:49 PM4/16/03
I think it should be dip 6 on the 1st dipswitch.

Dave

"Kilkeeslps" <kilke...@aol.comNOSPAM> wrote in message

Kilkeeslps

Apr 16, 2003, 11:24:22 PM4/16/03
Hehe- when it rains it pours. My garage is starting to look like a miniature
"super auction", my Wife has another name for it though....

Boobbbbbb

Apr 17, 2003, 8:46:17 AM4/17/03
Gawd! Not only does it look like it was kept in a home, it looks like it
was rarely turned on!

"Kilkeeslps" <kilke...@aol.comNOSPAM> wrote in message

Ron Lyons

Apr 17, 2003, 7:32:04 PM4/17/03
Man, the thing doesn't even have dust on the monitor board....
"Boobbbbbb" <armis2000...@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message

Erik Sommerdyk

Apr 17, 2003, 8:46:43 PM4/17/03
do i smell repro?

--
Erik - I now have TWO cabinets Muhahahahah!

My Site ----------> http://www.mnsi.net/~somerdyk/erik/index.htm
Erik's Boot Disk -> http://www.mnsi.net/~somerdyk/erik/eriks_boot.rar
View My Auctions ->
http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=sommerdyk

Kurt Koller

Apr 17, 2003, 9:41:14 PM4/17/03
what's up with the bag of Zaxxon stuff?

Kurt Koller Developer / Hacker Minimalist, Inc. http://minimalist.com/
Coinop.org http://coinop.org/

"Erik Sommerdyk" <some...@mnsi.net> wrote in message

Brian Pipa

Apr 17, 2003, 11:03:41 PM4/17/03
Holy &^%$ that's beautiful. You should get that sign to someone to use
for repro art. Darin??

Brian

Azarcadegames

Apr 17, 2003, 11:15:09 PM4/17/03
why am i the sucker thats always mentioned for this stuff

ill only get blasted by the people that own one already and i dont need that!

Kilkeeslps

Apr 18, 2003, 12:11:03 AM4/18/03
That bag is still sealed from the factory, and has what looks like a few flyers
and the game's paperwork inside. The top one you can see through the bag is
Zaxxon.

I decided to let the new owner be the one to break the seal.

I think the "Sega seal of quality" stickers over the locks are the coolest-
like it was just unboxed.

Mike Doyle