Duramold Sinistar - Landed

alleycat

Sep 12, 2007, 2:59:02 AM9/12/07
I wanted to let the other collectors in the RGVAC group know I landed
a Duramold Sinistar back in June. I think this makes five now that
are known of. Correct me if I am wrong. This is a complete, original
Duramold Sinistar, glass bezel with art, red ball Sinistar joystick.
I'll have some pictures soon. Its now in Colorado, just a few miles
from Tyler Schoenke's Dura Sin (the only other one I know of to be
complete and with the Sinistar stick). If you're ever in the area and
want to stop by, let me know. It'll be next to my Blaster soon.

-Warren

phoenixarcade.com

Sep 12, 2007, 10:25:04 AM9/12/07

congrats! thats a great acquisition

jon exidy

Sep 12, 2007, 11:12:00 AM9/12/07
Ive seen it.
its in amazing shape and 100% complete.

jon/arcade-classics.com

"alleycat" <wco...@juno.com> wrote in message

Bret Pehrson

Sep 12, 2007, 2:51:33 PM9/12/07

Nice score man!

Michael Lenardon

Sep 12, 2007, 8:15:13 PM9/12/07
Glad to see a collector found it. I thought it was cool to get a gutted
Duramold a few years ago or to get a NIB Robo Mini. Please post some pics
when you get a chance. That is a great cab for Sinistar. Did you have fun
moving it? Those cabs like to roll and are awkward to take down stairs as
their is only 1 handle and the thing is round.

Michael
"Bret Pehrson" <br...@classicade.com> wrote in message

alleycat

Sep 13, 2007, 1:13:04 AM9/13/07
Hey Darrin, John, Bret and Michael, thanks for the compliments. I
posted a couple of pictures of the Sinistar as well as my Blaster at
www.skytrackerdenver.com/images.

Thanks again!

guinness

Sep 13, 2007, 9:07:14 AM9/13/07
Ah..nice. I remember when Pinball Kevin found that game. When I had the
bubbles and blaster duramolds I really wanted this game but he insisted he
was going to put it up on auction. I don't have the other molds anymore so
I have no interest but congrats nevertheless.

The funny thing about this particular game is that Kevin purchased it from
an op to be put on LOCATION this year!!! I could just imagine walking into
a pizza place and seeing a Sinimold and reacting like I'm watching a murder
take place...."hava....whadda......but....noodle
doodle....zizzo....breefa....racka doodle ?!?!". Or like Ned Flanders
reacting to something..."Oh my sparks....eeedle beetle!"

tim (NH)

"alleycat" <wco...@juno.com> wrote in message

Jeff

Sep 14, 2007, 1:05:01 AM9/14/07

Warren,
Congrats on your new acquisition!!!!
How did you find it??
I am patiently waiting for my opportunity to get my paws on a Sinistar
Duramold to complete my Duramold collection.
I know it's a long shot but if you ever hear of another one going out
the door and you want to make my Blaster and Bubbles happy, please
drop me a line.
Cheers
Jeff

550g...@gmail.com

Feb 15, 2015, 5:20:19 PM2/15/15
I have a Williams Duramold cabinet in MINT condition. It has been sitting in my Mother's garage for about 15 years. I converted it to Time Soldiers a looooong time ago. For resale value, would I be better leaving it as is, or converting it back to Sinister? Either way, does anyone have the original overlay and controller/s? If so,where would be the best place to search for these parts.

I'll attach a bunch of photos the next time I'm at my mother's house.

Rob Williams

Feb 17, 2015, 1:31:11 PM2/17/15
On Sunday, February 15, 2015 at 2:20:19 PM UTC-8, 550g...@gmail.com wrote:
> I have a Williams Duramold cabinet in MINT condition. It has been sitting in my Mother's garage for about 15 years. I converted it to Time Soldiers a looooong time ago. For resale value, would I be better leaving it as is, or converting it back to Sinister? Either way, does anyone have the original overlay and controller/s? If so,where would be the best place to search for these parts.
>
> I'll attach a bunch of photos the next time I'm at my mother's house.

I would suspect that there is someone looking for a cabinet that already has the parts waiting. It may be expensive and time consuming to track down all of the correct parts for a duramold version.

You could post a FS at KLOV: http://forums.arcade-museum.com/index.php

Rob

General Kireiko

Feb 17, 2015, 3:19:34 PM2/17/15
550g...@gmail.com wrote:
: I have a Williams Duramold cabinet in MINT condition. It has been sitting in my Mother's garage for about 15 years. I converted it to Time Soldiers a looooong time ago. For resale value, would I be better leaving it as is, or converting it back to Sinister? Either way, does anyone have the original overlay and controller/s? If so,where would be the best place to search for these parts.

If you converted it yourself so loooooong ago, do you still have the original
parts?

When I turned my Joust into a Multi-Willy, I put all the original parts in
a box if the situation ever arose that I would need to return it to its
original (to me) condition.

(Yes, I bought a new marquee and CP for the MW)

Cheers!
-Doug

--
"How would you like it if you were a business executive, and when you
made a mistake, a red light went on and 18,000 people started