CRACKED: Cinematronics Keltron HV Unit.

Matty-t

Jun 9, 2006, 1:51:13 AM6/9/06

I worked 10 hours today, and screwed off for two additional hours. The
product of my screwing off. A unpotted Keltron!

I also revealed some VERY interesting facts about this unit by doing
so. But I can't let all the cats out of the bag yet ;)

These pics are publicly hosted for about a year. If you have a site
with vector info on it, please take copies and host. Else these will be
lost sooner or later =(

For those just tuneing in on the Cine Keltron unit, the back half of
the unit was a dielectricly potted mystery. A few spots on the flyback
had to be left alone as they supported legs for flyback secondaries.
Here it is uncovered.

Enjoy!

http://img92.imageshack.us/img92/2605/s20100018jj.jpg

http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/1781/s20100026py.jpg

http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/3/s20100046ie.jpg

http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/6425/s20100055hm.jpg

http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/876/s20100066fk.jpg

- Matt

PS. who's got a dead Penn Trans or WinTron for me to do next?

Troy

Jun 9, 2006, 7:00:37 AM6/9/06
they will live here for a long time.

http://troysarcade.com/Keltron_HV_unit/

Troy,

Matty-t <matt...@audio-doctors.com> wrote in message

Art M - Artfromny

Jun 9, 2006, 8:19:39 AM6/9/06
the quarter must have been used to dampen harmonics?

--
Art

Chad Tower

Jun 9, 2006, 10:19:21 AM6/9/06

Art M - Artfromny wrote:
> the quarter must have been used to dampen harmonics?

Art, man, you should know what happens when someone doesn't empty the
coin bucket often enough! Those damn quarters get EVERYWHERE!

Matty-t

Jun 9, 2006, 2:44:04 PM6/9/06

That *was* good for a chuckle ;)

But you know, size comparison of the flyback to a quarter.

- Matt

John Robertson

Jun 9, 2006, 3:32:06 PM6/9/06
On 2006-06-08 22:51:13 -0700, "Matty-t" <matt...@audio-doctors.com> said:

> I worked 10 hours today, and screwed off for two additional hours. The
> product of my screwing off. A unpotted Keltron!

> - Matt
>
> PS. who's got a dead Penn Trans or WinTron for me to do next?

What some people will do to avoid buying used parts on eBay!

Nicely done...

John :-#)#

--
(Please post followups or tech enquires to the newsgroup) John's
Jukes Ltd. 2343 Main St., Vancouver, BC, Canada V5T 3C9 Call