Who has an Atari Irish Cabinet?

Searcher7

Apr 26, 2008, 10:51:45 AM4/26/08
Does anyone keep track of the Atari Irish cabinets?

I have a Pole Position 2 Irish cab and I'm searching for the Millipede
and a System 1 versions.

Does anyone keep track of the cabs in one place?

I heard mention of Dig Dug, Space Duel, Warlords, Tempest, and Food
Fight in Irish cabinets, and wanted to ask if anyone here has any of
these cabinets to post pics of it.

Thanks.

Darren Harris
Staten Island, New York.

chicodj...@yahoo.com

Apr 26, 2008, 9:30:03 PM4/26/08
Pardon my ignorance, but what is an Irish Cab and what does it look
like.

Droler

Apr 27, 2008, 8:46:26 AM4/27/08

I have a Centipede Irish cabinet, complete - I really like the artwork
on that cabinet a lot better then the other ones. Lots more color.

Here are a couple of quick pix

http://s305.photobucket.com/albums/nn203/prdunlap1/

fred

Apr 27, 2008, 8:53:43 AM4/27/08

I got a Fast Freddie for sale in NJ. fred

Droler

Apr 27, 2008, 9:13:02 AM4/27/08
chicodj...@yahoo.com wrote:
> Pardon my ignorance, but what is an Irish Cab and what does it look
> like.

They're manufactured in Ireland and if you still have the factory tag on
the upper back, it will list Ireland as the point of origin.

The Centipede seems to have more orange int he artwork, especially the
marquee - which is Plexi instead of tempered glass (my "American"
Centipede had a tempered glass marquee with little orange in the artwork).

Other cabs probably have similar distinguishing characteristics but I
wouldn't know firsthand.

Teaganm

Apr 27, 2008, 9:51:57 AM4/27/08
The Centipede also had one less color in the side art (but I don't
remember which one), orange & red in the monitor bezel and a different
size coin door. The coin door was also in black or stainless.

Todd Tuckey

Apr 27, 2008, 2:05:00 PM4/27/08
I am trying to collect all Irish cabinets---I have Millipede, Kangaroo, Fast
Freddie, Pole Position 2---I am missing Gravitar, Red Baron, Major Havoc,
and Food Fight for sure.....below is a complete list of stuff I need...soon,
my game room will be finished and I willhave a summer arcade party--for all
of you who wish to come and see some real rarities in the Cabaret and Mini
world! (And will post pictures to boot!) Todd from TNT Amusements

g3n3r1c

Apr 27, 2008, 4:15:08 PM4/27/08

I have an Irish Tempest. The sideart is printed on a textured vinyl
rather than smooth like the U.S. version and anything red on the U.S.
version is purple on the Irish.

Dave Martinez

Apr 27, 2008, 5:41:21 PM4/27/08
I've got an Irish Battlezone cabaret and Food Fight.................no Todd,
it's not for sale!!! ;-)

As with the Tempest, the sideart is textured and there are differences in
the sideart from the U.S. version and the CP art as well.

"g3n3r1c" <g3n...@att.net> wrote in message

arcaderehab

Apr 27, 2008, 6:05:59 PM4/27/08
On Apr 26, 10:51 am, Searcher7 <Search...@mail.con2.com> wrote:

Here you go.... Irish Centipede:

http://www.arcaderehab.com/centipede.php

Searcher7

Apr 27, 2008, 6:16:31 PM4/27/08

Can anyone confirm whether or not all Irish cabinets are smaller than
their U.S. versions?

Can anyone confirm that the Irish system 1 really exist? I heard
someone mention it, so I'd like to have one.(Though I'd take a U.S.
Indiana Jones cabinet regardless).

Anyway, if comes across one or an Irish Millipede let me know.(I may
even trade my complete U.S. Millipede cabinet for just the Irish cab
itself, depending on condition).

Droler

Apr 27, 2008, 6:17:09 PM4/27/08

OH, yeah, the Centipede sideart is textured as well. Forgot that the US
one was different.

I love that cabinet, to me, the Irish ones look better but maybe it's
just because they're different in general.

Bit

Apr 28, 2008, 12:38:49 AM4/28/08
On Apr 27, 2:41 pm, "Dave Martinez" <davewebs...@cox.net> wrote:
> I've got an Irish Battlezone cabaret and Food Fight.................no Todd,
> it's not for sale!!! ;-)

Please post a link to a pic of the Atari Ireland-produced Food Fight
Dave. I'd love to see it.