Tank II wiring question - ANT?

Chad Tower

Feb 17, 2008, 1:40:33 PM2/17/08

I'm working on this Tank II and discovered the wire coming from pin 9
in the harness on board 1 is connected to nothing. This is labeled in
the diagrams as ANT. In the diagrams, ironically, it also just ends -
no common ground marking. Could this be an error in the diagram where
there should be a ground connection? What exactly is ANT, anyway?
All I can think of is that it has something to do with the monitor
being a modified b/w TV in nature, though that would be odd, since it
has no tuner.

Matt Griffin

Feb 17, 2008, 10:08:25 PM2/17/08

"Chad Tower" <to...@gis.net> wrote in message

My tank has that wire lose also it's to help with static discharge.

Here's what one of my tank manuals say.

1.8d Qualified Personal PCB Adjustments

Antenna Wire: Trimming this wire adjusts the Sensitivity of the static
discharge system. Please be aware that the adjustment will depend to a
certain degree upon the environment in which the Machine is located.
Trimming a bit off the wire will decrease the sensitivity of the discharge
system while adding a length of wire will increase the sensitivity of the
circuit. Adding is indicated if players are able to obtain free games by
introducing static discharges. Trimming is indicated only if the machine
disables game credit during the game.

Chad Tower

Feb 18, 2008, 8:28:56 AM2/18/08

Thanks, hadn't seen that... that definitely isn't my problem as I'm
getting no game at all.