Happ monitors on sale?

Pat D.

Sep 27, 2007, 12:36:30 PM9/27/07
Was browsing Happ's site the other day and saw their monitors for $135
each. Is that a sale price or regular?

http://happcontrols.com/monitors/49132900.htm

Seems to me I paid $165 each for them a while back with a quantity purchase.

Pat D.

gsrogers

Sep 27, 2007, 12:57:15 PM9/27/07
Thanks for the heads up....I just bought one. Garry

The Broken Token

Sep 27, 2007, 1:27:35 PM9/27/07
It's a special through the end of the month--if you look at the
"specials" tab in the top navigation bar on their site, it will take
you to .pdf flyers of their on-sale items and the timing of the sale.

definitely the best deal I've seen on the vision pros from Happ.

Bit

Sep 27, 2007, 1:45:04 PM9/27/07

Yes an excellent deal. I bought one for my Millipede last week and am
loving bright, sharp-colored picture I have in there now vs. what I
was getting with the 25 year old WG that was in there.

big dog

Sep 27, 2007, 1:52:55 PM9/27/07

How much does shipping run on those?

Mark Capps

Defender

Sep 27, 2007, 7:17:47 PM9/27/07
Will this work in an I'Robot Game?
Cheers
Darryl Pike

Defender

Sep 27, 2007, 7:25:38 PM9/27/07
How did U mount a horizontal monitor in a Vertial position
(millipede)? Did U have to make mods to the inside wooden frame?

Darryl Pike

Chuk

Sep 27, 2007, 7:55:12 PM9/27/07
Many vertical games are designed for a horizontal mount monitor. Most
(all?) of the Atari ones use a horizontal mount. The wooden cutout it
mounts to is designed for it. There are some games (Spy Hunter, Q-Bert and
a bunch of others that are designed to use a vertical mount monitor.

"Defender" <darry...@yahoo.ca> wrote in message

Bit

Sep 27, 2007, 8:06:10 PM9/27/07

Hey Darryl,

Yes, as Chuk said many games are designed to house a horizontal mount
monitor. For Millipede it just fits right in. The only mod you'll
have to do is pop out a pin on the power connector and move it over
one slot, and screw the green (ground) wire to the chasis.

Defender

Sep 27, 2007, 8:15:21 PM9/27/07
Thx guys for the fast response.

Now how about my I'Robot question, will this monitor be able to be
used in an I'Robot game with out any mods?

Cheers
Darryl

protoVision

Sep 28, 2007, 1:42:25 PM9/28/07
On Sep 27, 11:57 am, gsrogers <email...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the heads up....I just bought one. Garry

What was the shipping cost for it?

5voltsr...@gmail.com

Sep 28, 2007, 1:47:36 PM9/28/07
On Sep 27, 12:52 pm, big dog <catfi...@bellsouth.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> How much does shipping run on those?

I think if I recall I paid close to $160 shipped with tax.

> Mark Capps
>

> Pat D. wrote:
> > Was browsing Happ's site the other day and saw their monitors for $135
> > each. Is that a sale price or regular?
>
> >http://happcontrols.com/monitors/49132900.htm
>
> > Seems to me I paid $165 each for them a while back with a quantity
> > purchase.
>

> > Pat D.- Hide quoted text -

5voltsr...@gmail.com

Sep 28, 2007, 1:48:13 PM9/28/07

No problem at all in Pacs and galagas

Jadyre

Sep 28, 2007, 4:25:56 PM9/28/07
I ordered one and it's on its way. The final cost was $166.00

Strohz

Sep 28, 2007, 6:28:14 PM9/28/07
To Washington DC, Happ said it was $25 per monitor to ship. Note they
also charge a $5.75 or so handling fee per order.

On Thu, 27 Sep 2007 13:52:55 -0400, big dog <catf...@bellsouth.net>

gamefixer

Sep 29, 2007, 10:26:53 AM9/29/07

Isnt I'Robot medium res?? I think it is so this Happ monitor will not
work.

Matt

chicodj...@yahoo.com

Sep 29, 2007, 6:02:05 PM9/29/07
> > Now how about my I'Robot question, will this monitor be able to be
> > used in an I'Robot game with out any mods?

> Isnt I'Robot medium res?? I think it is so this Happ monitor will not
> work.

According to KLOV, the I,Robot uses a Standard Raster Monitor. I
believe the cab is similar to Firefox which used an Amplifone Raster
monitor. My firefox had two sets of plugs in it. One was a red 6 pin
plug that matches up to Wells montitors. I used a standard 19K7000
monitor and it was direct plug and play. You may have to pop out the
wires and match them up to the rgb, grd, and convergence to get it to
work but a happ vision pro should work fine. But as always, buyer
beware.

gamefixer

Sep 29, 2007, 6:21:57 PM9/29/07

Yeah, its been a while since I've worked on one of those... Now that I
think about it I think I converted on into a Willow so the factory
onitor must be std res.

Matt

Defender

Sep 30, 2007, 6:19:04 PM9/30/07
Just purchased one.. I will see how it works and what the final cost
is into Canada. 1:1 currency exchange rate.. Got to love that!

Thank you for the responses.

Cheers
Darryl