conversation with Don Bluth

1 view

Imdudelebowski

Aug 14, 2001, 1:25:06 PM8/14/01
Just wanted to share a brief conversation I had with Don Bluth at CGE

After the poster signing session, I got his attention for a few minutes

I asked him if he ever completed any of the DL games, he said no, theyre too
fast for him when he plays them

But in his mind he could play them all the way through, even to this day. He
also knew why he did each scene the way he did

Funny tidbit. I paid for both Space Ace and Dragons Lair posters to be signed
by all 4 gentlemen. When I got to Bluth I told him I was going to eBay both
posters the next day, he laughed and said I hope you get a lot for them! Of
course Im keeping them and they are getting framed right now.

Lastly, there was this guy there, dont know his name, he was dressed in DL
clothes and Bluth accessories, but had nothing to do with Bluth. He was playing
DL and not even watching what he was doing, he was playing by the sounds of the
game while he was giving pointers to the guy next to him playing Cliff Hanger.
He finished the game without making a mistake (and never looked while playing).

I want to thank Steve Hertz for bringing all the laser games, a few I had never
seen and may never see again elsewhere.

Bring on Ca Extreme!

darin

Dale Luck

Aug 15, 2001, 12:04:09 AM8/15/01
He's bringing most if not all those games to California Extreme 2001!
We've a special area for those games set aside.
How big of a screen did you play them on at CGE?

Mark your calendar now for Sept 15-16, at San Jose Convention Center.

Time is running out to get all the early advance registration goodies
- Aug 15th.

Dale Luck
www.caextreme.org

Steven Hertz

Aug 15, 2001, 1:03:33 AM8/15/01

You can count on me bringing my laserdisc game collection to CAX this
year and another laserdisc collector by the name of Brendon Zeidler will
also be bringing his laserdisc games too. With both of our collections
together, this will mark the largest gathering of laserdisc games for
one show with 20+ different laserdisc games to play!! See you all in a
month!!

-steve

Dale Luck

Aug 15, 2001, 12:37:27 PM8/15/01
You'll be turning your heads to see the whole screen we're gonna set
up for this laser disc show.
Dale Luck

Today is the last day for early preregistration and all its goodies,
(Plus the bumper sticker we are now including). It'll be a different
deal after today.
For example, no free drawings, no free bumper sticker, etc.

www.caextreme.org

Imdudelebowski

Aug 15, 2001, 1:16:59 PM8/15/01
is there a place to buy a ticket other that ticketweb with their added on
service fee?

darin

MacMan

Aug 16, 2001, 5:52:49 AM8/16/01
Hey Dale! It's MacMan who's coming all the way from Australia.

I logged onto the ticketweb site a couple of days ago to make the early
advance because I want to be there the Friday night, and there was no
option for the Friday night ticket.

So I mailed the in...@caextreme.org (or whatever the link id from the web
page) and asked what I should do (just get the weekend pass and pay for
Friday night when I get there or what?)

Well... I never heard anything back and it is already the 16th here...

What can I do? Can you help?

Cheers
MacMan

In article <bf765457.01081...@posting.google.com>,