Inferno Dedicated Found

Bret Pehrson

May 1, 2001, 6:26:06 PM5/1/01
Several noted the other day that an Inferno dedicated had been found. I
was lucky enough to secure the unit and picked it up from the shipping
terminal yesterday.

First off, I'd like to express my appreciation to those that helped:
Randy (the seller) was excellent to work with and assisted in every way
in getting the unit shipped across the country; Patrick Marshall (Atari
Patrick) picked up the game from the seller, packed/crated it (fantastic
packing job, complete with "Atari Rules" penned on the crate), and
transported it to the shipper; also Tim (Arcade Collecting) for another
set of Inferno joysticks.

From what the seller said, the game was purchased in a bulk deal from a
local operator who was looking to liquidate the remains of his units.
Apparently, he had a warehouse fire a while back, and these were some of
the safe remains. The op indicated that if he couldn't find a buyer
ASAP, these units would all be sent to the incinerator.

The game arrived yesterday (Monday) safe and sound, but it is
non-working according to the seller (I haven't fire-tested it yet - I'll
be checking all the solder joints before that).

Condition: The game is in reasonable and restorable condition. The
right side has been vandalized with a blade and has numerous scrapes,
but no real wood damage. The right art is moderately salvageable. The
left side is somewhat better, pretty much complete with only minimal
scrapes, etc. The marquee is in excellent condition, as is the monitor
glass and control panel (no cuts or cracks, one small cig burn). There
is no upper back door, but the remainder of the cabinet is fairly much
complete.

I'll be restoring this game back to its former beauty. For the time
being, it is not for sale (please don't ask). I'd like to get the game
cleaned up and operational in time for a show or two this year.

Pictures: I've temporarily posted some pictures of the game in its
current condition at the following links. Due to space limitations,
I'll probably have to take the pictures down in a week. The pictures
are fairly large, so modem users beware. There is no index other than
the following:

Left-front of cabinet
http://www.classicade.com/inferno7/infernoleftfront.jpg

Right-rear of cabinet
http://www.classicade.com/inferno7/infernorightrear.jpg

Left side
http://www.classicade.com/inferno7/infernoleft.jpg

Right side
http://www.classicade.com/inferno7/infernoright.jpg

Marquee
http://www.classicade.com/inferno7/infernomarquee.jpg

Control panel/monitor glass
http://www.classicade.com/inferno7/infernocontrol.jpg

Right joystick (broken, missing one button)
http://www.classicade.com/inferno7/infernojoy.jpg

Rear (the mess at the bottom are the remains of the manual and assorted
paperwork -- I'll see what is salvageable).
http://www.classicade.com/inferno7/infernorear.jpg

CPU/Back door
http://www.classicade.com/inferno7/infernocpu.jpg

Serial, unit #7
http://www.classicade.com/inferno7/infernoserial.jpg

I'll post more info as it becomes available.

If you have a specific question about the game, I'd be more than happy
to answer, but please, ask it in the public forum of the newsgroup so
that others may read along.

Thanks

--
Bret Pehrson
http://www.vaps.org/members/nv/br...@classicade.com.html

Tim

May 1, 2001, 6:35:01 PM5/1/01
Congratulations on finding the 3rd cabinet known to still exist intact. =)

Tim

Bret Pehrson

May 1, 2001, 6:35:41 PM5/1/01
Also, I talked w/ Bill Kurtz (flyerguy) the other day about an Inferno
flyer:

To answer your question, no flyer was ever made for
Williams' INFERNO. I remember asking specifically
about that flyer when I stopped into the Williams
plant years ago, and was told by a couple of people
that no promotional paperwork was ever produced for
that game.

Jon eXidy

May 1, 2001, 6:53:02 PM5/1/01
Hmm..

Someone stole mine from my storage unit. I better check your serial #.
:)
jon

--
+==============================+
aol name: Evil Exidy
"Bret Pehrson" <bretN...@classicade.com> wrote in message

RasterScan

May 2, 2001, 2:54:45 AM5/2/01
Thanks for the kind words, Bret.
It was a pleasure.

Randy

pmwolf

May 2, 2001, 4:43:02 PM5/2/01
Hey...

Tell the group to give you a few thousand dollars, or else you'll convert it
to a Bad Dudes, B.Rap Boys, or some other JAMMA "Classic."

Heh heh.

Pete