Jr. Pac-man : Dedicated?

John Flitton

Jul 20, 2001, 1:19:46 AM7/20/01
I posted this in r.g.v.a. a couple of days ago, but got no response. This
newsgroup
seems like it has more traffic, so I'll try again here ...

------------paste
I was browsing through some of my flyers today, when I noticed on the back
of the Jr Pac-man flyer, it mentions that the game was available via both
dedicated games and update kits. I was always under the impression that it
came in kit only format for Pac-man and Ms Pac-man cabinets.

Anyone have any idea as to the size of the production run for the dedicated
version of Jr Pac-man? Also, anyone have any URLs to pictures of the
dedicated cabinet? I'd like to see how it differs from a Pac-man with the
kit installed.

Thanks.

John

Morridog

Jul 20, 2001, 1:37:02 AM7/20/01
I think Appolo has a dedicated Jr Pac. Here is the the link to it, page down
to Jr. Pac.
http://www.appolo.com/collection/collection.htm
I really do not know which one is a real dedicated Jr Pac because I have
also seen them in a Super Pac cabinet with Jr Pac artwork on it and also on
the side, but I want to say they came from the factory in this Mappy style
cabinet for a dedicated Jr Pac. Anyone else have any info on which cabinet
Jr Pac called its dedicated cabinet???

Hope this helps...
Brian

"John Flitton" <jfli...@accessv.com> wrote in message

Rick and Lucinda Pannell

Jul 20, 2001, 3:19:50 AM7/20/01
I believe that all dedicated Jr. Pacs came in Mappy cabinets, converted in
the factory. Similar to the Battlezone = Red Baron factory conversions, if
you strip back the side art of a dedicated Jr. Pac, you'll find the Mappy
art. At least, the couple that I've seen were like this.

Rick

"Morridog" <BRM...@YAHOO.COM> wrote in message

David Haynes

Jul 20, 2001, 5:29:32 AM7/20/01
http://www.bombjack.org/games/jrpacman/index.htm

--
David Haynes
d...@bombjack.org

www.bombjack.org

Patrick & Melissa Patterson

Jul 20, 2001, 6:42:02 AM7/20/01
The Mappy style cabinet is Jr. Pac's dedicated unit. They used unsold
Mappy cabinets at the factory to make these, and even though I don't
know production numbers, didn't sell many.

Jr. Pac was more popular as a kit. There was one kit that converted
Pac/Ms Pac/Pac Plus machines and another one that converted Super Pac.

GVSvc

Jul 20, 2001, 7:16:15 AM7/20/01
There was a dedicated not conversion of Jr Pac,I was also under the impression
that Jr Pac was only a conversion of another pac series- I also thought that
the mappy style cabinet was just a conversion because i also had some with the
art installed over mappy's BUT last year i bought a game that had no mappy art
work under the jr pac and inside was full paper work for the jr pac cabinet
including coded labels stapled inside the upper left hand side and on the power
supply.For years i had been telling everyone that asked that there was only
conversions but i was corrected

Rob

WMAIDEN

Jul 20, 2001, 8:46:56 AM7/20/01
>of the Jr Pac-man flyer, it mentions that the game was available via both
>dedicated games and update kits. I was always under the impression that it
>came in kit only format for Pac-man and Ms Pac-man cabinets.
>
>Anyone have any idea as to the size of the production run for the dedicated
>version of Jr Pac-man? Also, anyone have any URLs to pictures of the
>dedicated cabinet? I'd like to see how it differs from a Pac-man with the
>kit installed.
>
>Thanks.
>
>John

John.....the dedicated Jr Pac cab that you speak of is probably just the ones
that were formerly "Mappy" games...Mappy was sort of a flop for Midway so they
decided at the factory to turn the end run of Mappy cabs into Jr Pac
Man.....with full side art and large marquee like Mappy....this version would
be the only true dedicated version....not sure how many of these were
made....personally I think the cabinet style is pretty damn ugly....most
conversions tend to look better....:)
Happy Gaming
Warren "Gorfman" Maiden
Cleveland, Ohio (Elyria)
Check out my website at: Gorfman's Arcade Gameroom
http://www.angelfire.com/oh2/gorfman/index.html

Appolo

Jul 21, 2001, 9:51:48 AM7/21/01
It even has a Mappy wiring harness in it with an adapter to the PCB. In
places where the artwork is missing, you can see Mappy artwork underneath.
Definitely a factory conversion, though.

In my book that makes it dedicated.

--
Mike Appolo
http://www.appolo.com