Milwaukee Superauction results

Jason Kratz

Dec 12, 2002, 11:36:31 AM12/12/02
Forgive any spelling errors....I was writing like crazy on my PDA and
there might be some goof-ups. :) I got most of the vids. I didn't
list sitdowns but they had a non-working Omega Race and a working
Sinistar that had some problems. I got prices on most games in the
first two rows. At that point he switched to pins and I left. Oh..and
PC Amusements was there selling their repros ;)

centipede/dk mini 1450
asteroids 675
defender 650
asteroids dlx 525
donkey kong 1000
joust-nice 500
pacman mini 800
gorf 700
tron 720
mspac 1200
mspac in pac 1100
ast dlx 450
ms pac cnv 800
mspac in pac 750
tron 900
centipede 1075
dk3
gyruss 650
gldn tee98 950
robotron 750
wrestlefest 325
final blow 175
gyruss 300
crystal castles 550
battle wings 225
pow 175
super moon cresta 100
road riot 235
ms pac pynamo 725
ninja warriors 175
max hangtime 575
tutankham 75
zoo keeper-wrong cab 75
host invaders 400
tekken2 625
puzzle bobble3 300
galaga-conv 150
altered beast 225
trivia whiz
big event golf
operation wolf
arch rivals
world series
black tiger
rush n attack 150
dbl dragon2 325
gldn tee 3d 500
mspac conv 575
gauntlet 575
leathal enforcers 350
galaga-nice 850
centipede 600
1943
commando 75
joust 400
asteroids 200
zoar 50
dk jr 125
zaxxon 170
pot of gold 100
space duel 110
jungle king 25
rally x 75
mario bros 100
qbert-nice 500
robdy roto 65
kangaroo 100
gravitar-dirty 110
rug rats 20
mitsile command 275
atari basketball 20
tac/scan 60
battlezone 195
berzerk 45
kozmih kroozer working 75
midnight resistance 150
video pinball 80
omega race 85
space wars 50
war of the bugs 75
klax 150
shadow dancer
space duel 500
moon patrol 300
klax
capcom bowling
kangaroo
arkanoid 150
xybots 150
rastan 150
krull
xybots 100
three stooges 400
apb-nice
road blastems
turbo
space invaders
nissile command
asteroids
space invaders
rampage
black tiger
dlack tiger
two tigers

Matt Hoy

Dec 12, 2002, 11:45:33 AM12/12/02
Thanks! What's with the $150 Galaga conversion? Galaga cab converted to
something lame, or a Galaga in some other cab?

Mark Jenison

Dec 12, 2002, 12:00:32 PM12/12/02

"Jason Kratz" <e...@joes.com> wrote in message

> Forgive any spelling errors....I was writing like crazy on my PDA and
> there might be some goof-ups. :) I got most of the vids. I didn't
> list sitdowns but they had a non-working Omega Race and a working
> Sinistar that had some problems. I got prices on most games in the
> first two rows. At that point he switched to pins and I left. Oh..and
> PC Amusements was there selling their repros ;)

[snip]

> zoo keeper-wrong cab 75
> tac/scan 60

Figures;the auction I decided to skip they have the two games I'm looking
for AND cheap.

If the Tac/Scan owner wants to contact me, I can probably help you repair
what I'm sure was a broken Tac/Scan.

If the Zoo Keeper owner wants to part out the game, I'd be interested in
some parts.

If the Tac/Scan owner and Zoo Keeper owner are the same person, I'll repair
your Tac/Scan in trade for Zoo Keeper parts ;-)

--
Mark Jenison

Bondavi

Dec 12, 2002, 12:47:39 PM12/12/02
>gravitar-dirty 110
>space duel 110

Quite a steal, if these had monitors.

>space duel 110

>kozmih kroozer working 75

I'm particularly interested in this. Was it decent? Nice price for a sleeper
game.

>three stooges 400

Dedicated? Good price....can't say much for the gameplay though.

>tron 900

Why this high? Nice orig sideart or repro?

David Birchell

Madoc Owain

Dec 12, 2002, 12:56:17 PM12/12/02

A Gravitar for $110?!?!? Pictures?!? Did it have anything original left
on it, what condition exactly? And WHO GOT IT?!? :)

M.O.
http://www.madocowain.com
http://www.playmaille.com

Ceg...@webtv.net

Dec 12, 2002, 1:28:01 PM12/12/02
nice selection of games :)

Dan

Dec 12, 2002, 2:31:00 PM12/12/02
Prices were really weird at the auction. Most prices were on the high side.
There were a few deals but not many. Also Mr Do rag was absent so the
auction was missing 20-30 games he would normally bring. He was suppose to
be there but maybe because everybody keeps posting about his hijinx he laid
low. I did notice a guy in the background who appeared to be bidding games
up a bit but nowhere near as bad as Mr Do rag.

diannem

Dec 12, 2002, 5:32:44 PM12/12/02
> >gravitar-dirty 110
> >space duel 110
>
> Quite a steal, if these had monitors.

Gravitar came up in spot-killer mode. Space Duel had monitor but was dead/

> >kozmih kroozer working 75
>
> I'm particularly interested in this. Was it decent? Nice price for a
sleeper
> game.

It was very nice upper cabinet, the bottom was pretty beat (coin door ripped
off that wood, causing a lot of damage, and bottom step (like Battlezone)
ripped off, causing more damage to the cabinet). Side art was complete and
nice Worked, but I believe there is supposed to be a mechanical guy the
flys around. That didn't seem to be working.

> >three stooges 400
>
> Dedicated? Good price....can't say much for the gameplay though.

yes, appeared to be dedicated with side art, working, but the cabinet was
painted black instead of the correct blue color.

> >tron 900
>
> Why this high? Nice orig sideart or repro?

The popular "main stream" games went high as expected with the Christmas
shopping home buyers. Everything else went cheap (witness a $75 Zookeep and
$50 Space Wars).

Joe
joema...@ameritech.net

diannem

Dec 12, 2002, 5:34:31 PM12/12/02
"Madoc Owain" <nos...@madocowain.com> wrote in message

> A Gravitar for $110?!?!? Pictures?!? Did it have anything original left
> on it, what condition exactly? And WHO GOT IT?!? :)

Same got both the Gravitar and Space Duel. Both in decent condition
(Gravitar better). Gravitar had spot killer on, Space Duel dead. The guy
that got them is a regular RGVAG'er so I'm sure he'll see this and contact
you if he's interested in dealings.

Joe
joema...@ameritech.net

Jason Kratz

Dec 12, 2002, 5:25:01 PM12/12/02
Matt Hoy wrote:
> Thanks! What's with the $150 Galaga conversion? Galaga cab converted to
> something lame, or a Galaga in some other cab?

galaga in some other cab. I dont think it was working.

Dan

Dec 12, 2002, 6:23:27 PM12/12/02
I picked up the Kosmic Kroozr,there is not that much damage to it. The coin
door needs to be replaced and there are two little damaged areas from the
coin door being ripped off. The step is ok the cabinet is not damaged in
that area it was not bolted on the cabinet.

"diannem" <dia...@ameritech.net> wrote in message

Sweetest COC Guy

Dec 12, 2002, 9:01:13 PM12/12/02
Who got the Pot of Gold for 100 I would be intrested in it.

Thanks Steven

Michael J. Woods

Dec 12, 2002, 9:37:54 PM12/12/02
I picked up the Space Wars for $50. It is complete and needs a lot of
cosmetic work. It was missing the main 3amp fuse. Popped in a new fuse
and it plays blind. Does anybody know where it find a schematic for
monitor and game? It is defiantly not your typical vector monitor. It
looks like it does all the digital to analog conversion right on the
monitor. It has the typical power connector plus an (aprox 30 pin)
ribbon cable going to it. Tube does glow so its not totally dead. Have
not checked the HV at the tube yet. but it sounds like it got a good HV
section. Any help or ideas would be great.

diannem

Dec 12, 2002, 5:27:51 PM12/12/02
It was a mini conversion. One of the worst hack jobs I've seen. Not
working either. Even with all that, the board was worth the $150.

Joe
joema...@ameritech.net

"Matt Hoy" <ho...@uwec.edu> wrote in message

diannem

Dec 13, 2002, 12:46:19 AM12/13/02
Different people got them. Both DOA games. Zookeeper in a generic
grey/black Taito cabinet.

Wish I'd have bid one more on the Tac Scan myself.

Joe
joema...@ameritech.net

"Mark Jenison" <jen...@enteract.com> wrote in message

Dan

Dec 13, 2002, 12:03:32 AM12/13/02
In case no one noticed the Galaga conversion was missing the board. Me and
my friends checked before the auction and there was nothing in there.

"diannem" <dia...@ameritech.net> wrote in message

Thad Phetteplace

Dec 19, 2002, 6:55:24 PM12/19/02
I wish I had heard about this auction before it was over. I just bought
my wife an upright centipede for a Christmas present... had to go out of
state because I couldn't find any good deals locally. What sort of shape
was the Centipede that went for $600?

Thad